KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - It Just Doesn't Matter! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: It Just Doesn't Matter!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) The older I get the more I find out that it just doesn't matter. Who cares if someone is going to sue you or not? What happens if you have large medical bills as long as you are covered by Medicare or some other insurer? At least you have made it this far and anything past 70 according to my granny is just gravy. I have had the gravy now for a couple of years. Since I no longer host on a regular basis if someone told me to shutdown today, it would make no difference. It feels good to realize I'm finally the captain of my own ship. Even the fear of out lasting your money grows less with time. You need less money since according to the actuary tables you have less time to live. I own my home so at least I know I will have a place to die. And if I need long term care, being a veteran I can go to one of the V.A. facilities. So I ask Jim or any other lawyer what can you do?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) I can see by the response not much can be done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
I agree with you, LR. Myself a senior citizen, I can identify with what you're saying.

Also a veteran with 22-year service, monthly military pension and social security, Medicare, Tricare/Prime (military health benefits for life, wife included), and in my twilight years :wink: - sad to say but “who cares”.

Life is good and I intend to host karaoke as long as my body is functioning well - or until I die. :lol:

Note to pep: I am a legal host.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) It has often been said Brian that old people are crazy. Not crazy but they find out with age everything that pushed their buttons when they were younger, no longer matter. Why stress yourself about things that really don't touch you directly? You can't change people or situations, you can only enjoy what little time you have left. The main thing is not let people like Jim or others upset you, it isn't worth it.

P.S. Albert Einstein: "I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:59 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
Exactly right!

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
Brian A wrote:
Life is good and I intend to host karaoke as long as my body is functioning well - or until I die. :lol:

... or as I often say. "I'll quit when they pry that microphone out of my cold, dead hands."

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:53 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Quote:
You need less money since according to the actuary tables you have less time to live

I'm in my mid 30s exactly and that blew my mind . . . Everyday I'm hustling and bustling for money but this definitely puts a different spin on things. Whoa . . .

This might be the right forum but if you were in your mid 30s, what would you NOT stress about?

Thx!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
EricBoss wrote:
Quote:
You need less money since according to the actuary tables you have less time to live

I'm in my mid 30s exactly and that blew my mind . . . Everyday I'm hustling and bustling for money but this definitely puts a different spin on things. Whoa . . .

This might be the right forum but if you were in your mid 30s, what would you NOT stress about?

Thx!

Don't stress over BS. Don't stress over what others think of you. Don't stress over arguments with your significant other, as they will either leave, or stay. If they leave, don't stress over that. There is always someone else. Don't stress over money, so much. There is always money to be made. I am 50. I DO, however, stress over dying. It scares me. Plus, I just do not want it to happen, though I know there is no escape from it.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:15 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
EricBoss wrote:
Quote:

Thx!

It's been said: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things"

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:02 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Great advice guys . . .

Appreciate you guys sharing the real life wisdom that you've acquired.

@Smoothedge69 - Don't be afraid of dying. If you don't know how you got on this planet than why worry about leaving it :) - Sounds like you're doing a great job at life so keep kicking a$$ :) -
My only fear is dying while holding on to ideas I didn't take action on. That would suck. I already regret saying no to all the times I could have fornicated with some real beautiful women as a hotel manager and club promoter (Brazilian model, 2 Swedish girls) - OUCH!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

EricBoss wrote:
Great advice guys . . .

@Smoothedge69 - Don't be afraid of dying. If you don't know how you got on this planet than why worry about leaving it :) - Sounds like you're doing a great job at life so keep kicking a$$ :) -
My only fear is dying while holding on to ideas I didn't take action on. That would suck. I already regret saying no to all the times I could have fornicated with some real beautiful women as a hotel manager and club promoter (Brazilian model, 2 Swedish girls) - OUCH!

8) The saddest words from pen or lip are the ones "What might have been"!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
EricBoss wrote:
Great advice guys . . .

8) The saddest words from pen or lip are the ones "What might have been"!

Very profound, LR. Very profound indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:22 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) The older I get the more I find out that it just doesn't matter. Who cares if someone is going to sue you or not? What happens if you have large medical bills as long as you are covered by Medicare or some other insurer? At least you have made it this far and anything past 70 according to my granny is just gravy. I have had the gravy now for a couple of years. Since I no longer host on a regular basis if someone told me to shutdown today, it would make no difference. It feels good to realize I'm finally the captain of my own ship. Even the fear of out lasting your money grows less with time. You need less money since according to the actuary tables you have less time to live. I own my home so at least I know I will have a place to die. And if I need long term care, being a veteran I can go to one of the V.A. facilities. So I ask Jim or any other lawyer what can you do?

Jim is a lawyer, but he is not your lawyer..

Now consider this: If sickness should appear, max out the credit cards and cruise the world.
A few things:
1) Ships have onboard medical personnel.
2) All the food you can eat.
3) A fully stocked bar.
4) That should be fun..