KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Legal "Digital" Karaoke Tracks on Disk Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
jclydon wrote:
it really is a shame you got sued for the 'roll-your own karaoke' concept. Could have been a real game changer if it had worked out.

RYOK wasn't the real issue, they just threw it in to pile on. They would have tried to make a case for a contributory infringement but I don't think they would have been successful. They really didn't have much grounds for anything in their complaint, and I think they knew it so they dragged it out for over 6 years knowing that in the end I wouldn't have the financial wherewithal to see it through.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Warrenkel16 wrote:
Bastiat, Have you heard Madacy Karaoke Party, 70s Rock,
three disc pack.It's in stereo, with original artists, with a
vocal version also.

I can't say that I have heard that series but I've heard other things they did that was excellent. They had their share of clunkers like everyone else but by and large they were a quality producer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:
I never got the RYO to work properly

I'm not sure if you had the latest version of Beethoven, but the last version that we issued worked pretty good. A little bit quirky for sure but it was still very early in its development. We were probably 6 months or so from perfecting it to the point of usefulness but unfortunately we were unable to continue with the project due to the impending litigation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:21 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

mtnkaraoke wrote:
What do you know about this company?

I have 27 of their Radio Starz series discs and I've noticed that many of their Pearl Jam tracks are excellent.

What other "Z" companies where affiliated?

I know who the principals were and that there were some mafia connections from what I understand so that's about as much you'll get out of me. Don't want to awaken tomorrow morning with a horse's head under the covers.

Off hand I can't remember the name of all of their companies and there were a few over the years. Most of them toward the end had ended with the letter "Z" but there were other companies as well. I'm sure there are others in the forum whose recollection is better than mine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
someone mentioned A-MAJOR but not finding much on that company.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Bastiat wrote:
Lonman wrote:
I never got the RYO to work properly

I'm not sure if you had the latest version of Beethoven, but the last version that we issued worked pretty good. A little bit quirky for sure but it was still very early in its development. We were probably 6 months or so from perfecting it to the point of usefulness but unfortunately we were unable to continue with the project due to the impending litigation.

I too never got it to work. The last line on the page never fully swiped before the page cleared. I am not sure but I believe that to be the fault of the program that Beethoven was a front end for.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Not sure what you mean by "front end". I believe the last version was a total rewrite of the entire code. I'm not 100% sure if it ever got released now that I think of it. I'm still friends with all of my former employees so I'll ask him if we actually got to release the last version. Not that it really matters now because even if it were finished or nearly finished I wouldn't sell or release it without a dec judgment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Bastiat wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "front end". I believe the last version was a total rewrite of the entire code. I'm not 100% sure if it ever got released now that I think of it. I'm still friends with all of my former employees so I'll ask him if we actually got to release the last version. Not that it really matters now because even if it were finished or nearly finished I wouldn't sell or release it without a dec judgment.

Front end is basically the fact that it generated a coded output that got inserted into a very poor quality CDG renderer.