KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Legal "Digital" Karaoke Tracks on Disk Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
NuTech is pretty much crap for the most part, pass. Don't care if it is free

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
Rikki Tikki Karaoke wrote:
Most of us probably get 10 to 1 requests for the Fugees version of "Killing Me Softly (With His Song )", as opposed to the Roberta Flack version... at least, I do! ( YouTube Lori Lieberman Version ) Who was chronologically first to record it... Who Knew?

Stellar Records released the Fugees version of "Killing Me Softly" on its Top Hits Monthly line. It was track #1 on the June of 1996 release. Lori Lieberman was the original artist for whom the song was actually written although it never became a hit until Roberta Flack covered it. The song is the story as Lori tells it of when she first saw Don McLean perform at the Troubadour in Los Angeles. I actually like her version most. Maybe because I know it was written about her true experiences, but I also love Roberta Flack's sweet voice and Lauren Hill's version as well. Perry Como covered it as well ... any requests for that version? :shock:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I have the nutech super CD+G's and aside from not being able to tell who is singing on the duets, they are quite usable. Not Sound Choice quality but better than Sweet Georgia Brown or Music Maestro.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I have the nutech super CD+G's and aside from not being able to tell who is singing on the duets, they are quite usable. Not Sound Choice quality but better than Sweet Georgia Brown or Music Maestro.

8) I have to disagree with you Danny every manu has some keepers. Most of DK is usable, but there are some tracks not as good as the rest. MM has Velvet Elvis, and 50's tracks that are quite good. The Elvis SC tracks are really not that great, and CB is the go to for country tracks. Nu Tech is quite good and has a lot of tracks you will find nowhere else. I have most of the SCDG's that were made, except for the Latin Tracks, which I never needed. Zoom is quite good, but not every track is the best, same for Sun Fly, Pocket Songs are quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:08 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Nu Tech is quite good and has a lot of tracks you will find nowhere else.
Well I think that can mostly be said about any manufacturer that has an exclusive to them track. If it's 'the only one' available, then that is the best track available.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

8) I have to disagree with you Danny every manu has some keepers. Most of DK is usable, but there are some tracks not as good as the rest. MM has Velvet Elvis, and 50's tracks that are quite good. The Elvis SC tracks are really not that great, and CB is the go to for country tracks. Nu Tech is quite good and has a lot of tracks you will find nowhere else. I have most of the SCDG's that were made, except for the Latin Tracks, which I never needed. Zoom is quite good, but not every track is the best, same for Sun Fly, Pocket Songs are quite good.

The original nutech stuff were all midi crap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

The original nutech stuff were all midi crap.

Well I wouldn't exactly say that, a lot of the original Nu-Tech stuff was actually taken from other manus - Blame It On Your Heart - Patty Loveless is the same music as the SC, in which NuTech did get in trouble for at one point early on. But they did have their diamond in the roughs just like all manus.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Interesting to see how many different opinions there are of the various brands. Causes me to wonder if there's some sort of standard criteria by which hosts are judging these products. Obviously it isn't based on musical correctness or production quality so I'm guessing it has more to do with availability and price, and possibly the screen graphics.

There are only a few labels that I'm aware of that produced their own tracks in-house. Sound Choice, Chartbusters, Priddis, and Stellar. Sybersound (Party Time) did a lot of their own stuff, but I'm sure that they outsourced as much as they produced judging by the quality of some of their tracks and the quality they're capable of when producing their own tracks in-house. Most companies were all getting their tracks from the same well, i.e. SBI, Madacy, Bob Blank, Red Peters, Ivan the Terrible and maybe a few others that don't immediately come to mind. Then there was Radio Starz and that whole family of sister companies that ended with the letter "Z". They had the absolute best tracks of any of us hands down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:11 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Bastiat wrote:
Interesting to see how many different opinions there are of the various brands. Causes me to wonder if there's some sort of standard criteria by which hosts are judging these products. Obviously it isn't based on musical correctness or production quality so I'm guessing it has more to do with availability and price, and possibly the screen graphics.

That would be an incorrect assumption. Notice how many of us have stated that NuTech sounded Midi. Then there's some brands where they got the music sounding off (Music Maestro comes to mind on at least 40% of their tracks). As for word-swipes/graphics, I don't think we've had many complaints from one brand to the next.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Well you're right, I should have worded it differently. I should have said "aside from the obviously poor productions", etc. ... Nevertheless what I hear by general consensus as to what are the best brands according to hosts, is totally different from what I hear. I'm guessing it's because when I hear a recording, and after having done it myself for over 25 years, I understand what it takes to produce a good sound recording and what is not quite there. Nevertheless it really doesn't matter what I think anyway, because the point of my post was the importance of what the people think who are buying these products.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Bastiat wrote:
bazinga wrote:
I love purchasing songs that is outside of the norm. I like it when a fast song is made slow or a slow song is made fast, and as you mentioned, I love it when a song is made in a completely different genre. I've requested this type of different songs from several of the current manus. I think it makes singing this type of different songs a lot more fun!

So what is your opinion, regarding your clientele. Would any of your clients be interested in trying a slow version of a fast song or a reggae version of ballad, etc., or do you think you'd be the only one interested in doing something like that?

Zoom have done an acoustative set of tracks, you should check them out, myself and my customers are always looking for different versions of songs.

I wish someone would do the Piano version of Twisted Sisters We're Not Gonna Take It that Dee Snyder did with Chris Angel.

So in answer to your question I would be interested in different versions of songs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Bastiat wrote:
bazinga wrote:
I love purchasing songs that is outside of the norm. I like it when a fast song is made slow or a slow song is made fast, and as you mentioned, I love it when a song is made in a completely different genre. I've requested this type of different songs from several of the current manus. I think it makes singing this type of different songs a lot more fun!

So what is your opinion, regarding your clientele. Would any of your clients be interested in trying a slow version of a fast song or a reggae version of ballad, etc., or do you think you'd be the only one interested in doing something like that?

I'm definitely sure my singers will sing a song that has been changed. Slow songs redone in a faster tempo or vice versa or done in a completely different genre. I would buy it for sure if it's a title I like.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
Bastiat wrote:
Well you're right, I should have worded it differently. I should have said "aside from the obviously poor productions", etc. ... Nevertheless what I hear by general consensus as to what are the best brands according to hosts, is totally different from what I hear. I'm guessing it's because when I hear a recording, and after having done it myself for over 25 years, I understand what it takes to produce a good sound recording and what is not quite there. Nevertheless it really doesn't matter what I think anyway, because the point of my post was the importance of what the people think who are buying these products.

Bastiat, Have you heard Madacy Karaoke Party, 70s Rock,
three disc pack.It's in stereo, with original artists, with a
vocal version also. I wish all songs, Were of similar quality.
It's reassuring to hear a voice of sanity in the Insane World
that Karaoke has become.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:43 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
it really is a shame you got sued for the 'roll-your own karaoke' concept. Could have been a real game changer if it had worked out.

If by some miracle i ever became a multi-millionaire i think I'd buy Sony/EMi fire all the top brass and start running it ethically and fairly.

-James

'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I never got the RYO to work properly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Did Stingray ever affiliate themselves with Stellar Records?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

No, they didnt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
another kj from another forum has been miss-informed (Not by me)...lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Bastiat wrote:
Then there was Radio Starz and that whole family of sister companies that ended with the letter "Z". They had the absolute best tracks of any of us hands down.

What do you know about this company?

I have 27 of their Radio Starz series discs and I've noticed that many of their Pearl Jam tracks are excellent.

What other "Z" companies where affiliated?

I find it quite interesting to view karaoke from your "non-host" perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:07 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
another kj from another forum has been miss-informed (Not by me)...lol

There's a first time for everything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next