KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Mr Entertainer not releasing monthly discs.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:03 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
Found this at the top of Kingsbridge Karaoke's front page, (sorry if it's been addressed, I didn't see it in a quick search):
"The eagle eyed among you may have noticed that we haven't posted any details for a Mr Entertainer Hits disc this month. Mr Entertainer have decided that, due to declining disc sales and ever increasing licensing restrictions, from the beginning of 2018 they will now be producing a quarterly two disc pack instead of a single disc every month. We will post more details as soon as we get them."

Since I usually wait until a couple discs are out to save on shipping anyway, it doesn't affect me too much, but I worry about them closing doors completely. Another sign of piracy taking its toll.
Are you sick of trying to answer this question over the loud music to a drunk person:
"Why don't you just steal the music"?
They lose interest really fast when I explain that there will be no more Bieber for them to sing if the manufacturers go out of business, it's illegal, immoral....
"So, can you pull it up on youtube"?
Thankfully, at my two venues, the WiFi is pathetic, so I can stop requests dead in their tracks.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
I stop Youtube requests in their tracks by telling the requester that I refuse to do that. It is against the law, can hurt me, and the venue, and I will not put either of us at risk, just for a song. As for declining sales, Mr. Entertainer used to sell a lot of music, when they could offer downloads to the United States. Since that was banned, I am sure they have lost a ton of business. It's not ALL about Piracy. Besides, Mr. Entertainer puts out the same stuff as SBI and Abraxa, which can still be gotten in download form, for the most part.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
right Smooth, Mr Entertainer uses SBI music anyway so it's just a matter of having SBI graphics instead.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
michaeldiapers wrote:
Found this at the top of Kingsbridge Karaoke's front page, (sorry if it's been addressed, I didn't see it in a quick search):
"The eagle eyed among you may have noticed that we haven't posted any details for a Mr Entertainer Hits disc this month. Mr Entertainer have decided that, due to declining disc sales and ever increasing licensing restrictions, from the beginning of 2018 they will now be producing a quarterly two disc pack instead of a single disc every month. We will post more details as soon as we get them."

Since I usually wait until a couple discs are out to save on shipping anyway, it doesn't affect me too much, but I worry about them closing doors completely. Another sign of piracy taking its toll.
Are you sick of trying to answer this question over the loud music to a drunk person:
"Why don't you just steal the music"?
They lose interest really fast when I explain that there will be no more Bieber for them to sing if the manufacturers go out of business, it's illegal, immoral....
"So, can you pull it up on youtube"?
Thankfully, at my two venues, the WiFi is pathetic, so I can stop requests dead in their tracks.
Mr Entertainer was one hit in the UK copyright lawsuits - could be a factor in their recent decisions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
michaeldiapers wrote:

Well . . . technically doing anything Bieber(even by Bieber himself) should be illegal . . . It's definitely a crime against humanity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
It doesn't matter, they won't sell to North Americans. I tried already. I have a few friends in the UK that can order them and ship to me though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:27 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I buy them, just got a few. Just have to go through retailers and not source

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:00 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
For the most part nearly all of the tracks from Mr. Entertainer, Sunfly, etc. are tracks from SBI. I don't think the early Zoom tracks were SBI but it sounds to me that when he started expanding his catalog he included a fair amount of SBI tracks in his library. I could be wrong but the quality of his early tracks was very good to excellent. The later stuff not so much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 226 times
Bastiat wrote:
For the most part nearly all of the tracks from Mr. Entertainer, Sunfly, etc. are tracks from SBI.

It may sound a bit silly but i always preferred ordering Mr. Entertainer, then Zoom, then Sunfly BEFORE SBI on tricerasoft because i thought those brands sounded more upbeat and used better instruments! :banger:

Turns out it was probably the splash screens of an entertaining guy (MRE), large white letters on a black background (ZM), and a happy FLY (SF)... versus a boring candle (SBI) hahahahaha! :rotflmao: :dontknow: :withstupid:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:22 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Same here. My singers love the quality of the MRH versions. I used to buy from ebay but they disabled the "Buy it now" Link to any UK sellers... Kingsbridge or Digitop will not sell or ship to us anymore.

We still have the options for karaoke.net and karaoke-version.com to acquire new tracks. Unfortunately unless you know someone who lives in the UK... it is the end for Canada/USA to acquire MRH directly... as Lonman had mentioned.

On a personal note "SBI is Crap!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Same here. My singers love the quality of the MRH versions. I used to buy from ebay but they disabled the "Buy it now" Link to any UK sellers... Kingsbridge or Digitop will not sell or ship to us anymore.

We still have the options for karaoke.net and karaoke-version.com to acquire new tracks. Unfortunately unless you know someone who lives in the UK... it is the end for Canada/USA to acquire MRH directly... as Lonman had mentioned.

On a personal note "SBI is Crap!!!!!

http://www.digitopltd.com/our-brands.html
MRE is Digitop, which is SBI.
MRE uses SBI music
Attachment:
mrh144.jpg
mrh144.jpg [ 144.42 KiB | Viewed 26620 times ]

Attachment:
mrh144 smaller.jpg
mrh144 smaller.jpg [ 36.94 KiB | Viewed 26620 times ]

if SBI is crap...
Attachment:
sharp-as-marble.jpg
sharp-as-marble.jpg [ 14.13 KiB | Viewed 26620 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:05 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Ya got me... Mr. Paradigm... i don't use SBI so I would not know if MRH and SBI are the same... But I do know one thing..

MRH tracks rock!!!! even though they have that sbi crap in the corner of that website, i still think the music quality is different.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:43 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
As stated, Mr Entertainer and Sunfly use SBI tracks, as far as I am aware Zoom have never used SBI tracks, but have them specifically made by a music backing track company

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
I preferred MR entertainer for the graphics and countdowns. Same music.
I have most of them!