KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Filler music handling, compuhost or Karma?? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
mrmarog wrote:
Like I said Karma does EXACTLY what you describe with ONE deck and it does it seamlessly without doing anything! The singer's song stops and the filler music starts all on its own. The next singer is started and the filler music instantly stops. Then singer's song stops and again the filler music starts seamlessly without the push of any buttons. How could that be improved?

On top of that there is a volume differential which allows easy "talk over" while the filler is playing. It also has an adjustable .1 to 5 second fade in or out. All with one deck..... seems impossible doesn't it?

Surprise surprise, Siglos Karaoke Professional does exactly all that as well, and I remember that well because it was about the only part of the demo program that actually impressed me. I didn't like the program much otherwise and never used it in a show -- others might like the rest of it though.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Elementary Penguin wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Like I said Karma does EXACTLY what you describe with ONE deck and it does it seamlessly without doing anything! The singer's song stops and the filler music starts all on its own. The next singer is started and the filler music instantly stops. Then singer's song stops and again the filler music starts seamlessly without the push of any buttons. How could that be improved?

On top of that there is a volume differential which allows easy "talk over" while the filler is playing. It also has an adjustable .1 to 5 second fade in or out. All with one deck..... seems impossible doesn't it?

Surprise surprise, Siglos Karaoke Professional does exactly all that as well, and I remember that well because it was about the only part of the demo program that actually impressed me. I didn't like the program much otherwise and never used it in a show -- others might like the rest of it though.

A lot of us refuse to use siglos because they now include youtube karaoke!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
mightywiz wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I tested that part out. 99.9% of the attempts to use resulted in total failure. Not reliable enough to be a selling point. You can get better results from an online download site, not that I am advocating it just saying that it's a waste of time trying to use the streaming or download service built into Siglos. One would get better results with the store in Hoster.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:26 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

mightywiz wrote:

And then there's that.

My demo version predates that feature, but even if it worked correctly I wouldn't buy from them now for that very reason.

It did all kinds of strange stuff the few nights I played with it. It would replay the last song for the next singer, and all kinds of silly rotation mistakes like that. I'm sure they got the bugs out later, but then they went and poisoned it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mightywiz wrote:

And then there's that.

My demo version predates that feature, but even if it worked correctly I wouldn't buy from them now for that very reason.

It did all kinds of strange stuff the few nights I played with it. It would replay the last song for the next singer, and all kinds of silly rotation mistakes like that. I'm sure they got the bugs out later, but then they went and poisoned it anyway.

Let me make this perfectly clear... there is only one software program that should be used by any serious KJ... and that program is CompuHost V3. Everything else is junk.

How do I know that? Because in all my years of hosting, I've tried every program there is and none of them compares to CompuHost. None!

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan, you never cease to amaze me (sarcastically). You keep calling yourself a professional but yet, you have no professional courtesy. None, whatsoever.

Please allow me to explain in case you don’t already know: Professional courtesy is a professional behavior which is extended between members of the same profession. It is some form of mutual respect among us - because we are in the same line of work. Words like:

“Let me make this perfectly clear... there is only one software program that should be used by any serious KJ... and that program is CompuHost V3. Everything else is junk.

How do I know that? Because in all my years of hosting, I've tried every program there is and none of them compares to CompuHost. None!”

That means you’re telling us (mrmarog, RLC, myself and others) karma users that our hosting program is junk. Lon’s MTU Hoster is junk. Siglos is junk. These are just a few, not to mention bose, qsc, etc you bash frequently.

You just cannot follow a simple golden rule: “Do unto your fellow kj’s as you would have them do unto you”. Let me tell you something my friend. Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
is Alan actually Bob Latshaw in disguise?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
That means you’re telling us (mrmarog, RLC, myself and others) karma users that our hosting program is junk. Lon’s MTU Hoster is junk. Siglos is junk.

That's exactly what I'm telling you. I'm glad you get it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:58 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:
That means you’re telling us (mrmarog, RLC, myself and others) karma users that our hosting program is junk. Lon’s MTU Hoster is junk. Siglos is junk.

That's our Alan B.
Everything he posts is a joke! (figuratively and literally) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:

That's our Alan B.
Everything he posts is a joke! (figuratively and literally) 8) 8) 8)

RLC! Good morning my good friend! It's always great to hear from you! Here's wishing you a beautiful day!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Very nice.

Attachments:
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg [ 84.23 KiB | Viewed 33552 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I'm sure the picture posted above sounds better than your Peavey Line Array
Ha!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Alan, you never cease to amaze me (sarcastically). You keep calling yourself a professional but yet, you have no professional courtesy. None, whatsoever.

Thank you, Brian. I don't know if that's true but I certainly appreciate your comments.

Brian A wrote:
Please allow me to explain in case you don’t already know: Professional courtesy is a professional behavior which is extended between members of the same profession. It is some form of mutual respect among us - because we are in the same line of work.

Oh! So let me see if I understand...

Let's say I was in the medical profession. I was a doctor. And a colleague of mine, let's call him Dr. Nassar who was a sleezebag. Do you think that I should be "professionally courteous' to this man just because he's in the same profession?

The answer is NO. Just because others are in the same profession as you doesn't mean they deserve any type of "professional courtesy" as you put it. Pirates are destroying the karaoke industry. They have brought down the pay scale and have taken jobs away from us. Do you think they should receive "professional courtesy" just because they're also KJ's like us?

Brian, you are so delusional and need to get real and stop preaching nonsense.

Thank you Brian. You are my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:55 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Oh! So let me see if I understand...

Let's say I was in the medical profession. I was a doctor. And a colleague of mine, let's call him Dr. Nassar who was a sleezebag. Do you think that I should be "professionally courteous' to this man just because he's in the same profession?

The answer is NO. Just because others are in the same profession as you doesn't mean they deserve any type of "professional courtesy" as you put it. Pirates are destroying the karaoke industry. They have brought down the pay scale and have taken jobs away from us. Do you think they should receive "professional courtesy" just because they're also KJ's like us?

So Alan, referring to your quote above and in particular to the text in red:
Are you once again just babbling or if not, please explain which of us, (you seem to like to disrespect) you consider to be pirates...because it is sounding like you are calling me, Brian A., mrmarog and anyone that doesn't share your exact opinion a pirate!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan, if you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging! Trying to clarify the situation does not help.

Quote: “Let's say I was in the medical profession. I was a doctor. And a colleague of mine, let's call him Dr. Nassar who was a sleezebag. Do you think that I should be "professionally courteous' to this man just because he's in the same profession?” Pirates are destroying the karaoke industry. They have brought down the pay scale and have taken jobs away from us. Do you think they should receive "professional courtesy" just because they're also KJ's like us?”

Of course not! I wouldn’t either. But are you saying the reason why you cannot extend professional courtesy to us (legal kj’s) is because we’re sleeze-bags and pirates? Because as it appears you just put us in the same category.

Quote: “Brian, you are so delusional and need to get real and stop preaching nonsense”.

Alan, a little common courtesy goes a long way in human relationship. I’m sure you heard that before (maybe not). Here’s a take from Jack Nicholson’s line “You can’t handle the truth!”.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Alan, you are truly a very complex person that no one can seem to understand. We don't seem to know when you are kidding or serious, even when you use terms like "good friend", "you are my friend", etc.

How about just commenting like a normal person for awhile so we can figure out who you really are. I feel like you are shaking our hand while at the same time pissing on our shoes. How would you like to live with Don Rickles and all of his endless insults? Well that's what it is like with your posts.

Like Brian said "f you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Alan, you are truly a very complex person that no one can seem to understand. We don't seem to know when you are kidding or serious, even when you use terms like "good friend", "you are my friend", etc.

How about just commenting like a normal person for awhile so we can figure out who you really are. I feel like you are shaking our hand while at the same time pissing on our shoes. How would you like to live with Don Rickles and all of his endless insults? Well that's what it is like with your posts.

Like Brian said "f you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging!"

OK. Let's see if I can clarify this...

First of all, I have the highest respect for you, Brian, RLC and just about everyone else on this forum. Regarding my comments above about extending "professional courtesy", I am making a general statement. I certainly am not putting you, Brian and RLC into the same category. I love you guys. But I do feel, as I have said, not everyone is entitled to "professional courtesy" just because they're in the same profession as you.

I hope I made this clear. I think that everyone here is awesome. I may not always agree with you or your way of thinking, or the software you're using or the speakers you're using and I know that I can be verbal at times, but the truth is I really love all of you and respect you all. And as far as RLC goes, he always makes me laugh, even when he's mad at me. LOL.

Now, I know I'm not perfect. And I may not have the best mixer, or microphones, or speakers (at least I don't have Bose, thank God) but I try to convey how I feel about something with a little humor added, which some of you may not get.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for putting up with me. Like I said, I love and respect all of you. Oh, by the way... I was just joking about that Bose comment above. LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:16 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Thank you Alan for that genuine (appearing) reply to my rather blunt remark. This is a good start and we would all be happier if this would continue and your humor be obvious to ALL readers, not just those who thought they knew you.
:beermates:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:27 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

If there's one thing I've learned from this forum, it's that Brian has the patience of a saint :angel:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

If there's one thing I've learned from this forum, it's that Brian has the patience of a saint :angel:

And I can personally say he is one unbelievably nice guy!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next