KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Chartbuster E450 Song Listings Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Anyone know where a reliable list of the song listings for the SD cards can be found, managed to pick them all up on ebay but find that the excel listing that comes with them is sometimes a couple of revisions behind. Only affects a few tracks but still annoying when trying to number them correctly for importing to the hosting software of choice.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Cue: illegal, trademark infringement, out of business, PEP, sue, how do you know, are you sure, post pix so we can verify for you in 3, 2, 1....

Wish I could help but don't have the listings. Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Um DJDon, how do you know that they are illegal. Chartbuster did sell SD cards of the Essentials. So it could very well be legit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chartbuster-Es ... 0010.m2109

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
That's Light Year Music selling those SD card sets. I purchased mine also on ebay from a trusted seller who confirmed verification with Pep.

https://lightyearmusic.com/products/10-chartbuster-essential-450-karaoke-packs-4500-songs-mp3g-sd-card-usb-for-karaoke-laptops-or-karaoke-machines-10-free-chartbuster-cdgs selling complete 1-10 for $699 (4500 tracks)

Songlists are also available on their site.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Um DJDon, how do you know that they are illegal. Chartbuster did sell SD cards of the Essentials. So it could very well be legit.

I never said they were! I don't personally think or believe that way but... have you read some of the comments on this forum in the last, oh, 5 years or so? LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
First off, the "e450" is a series, so you need to know which year it is to get an accurate listing. There's volume 1, v2, etc. corresponding to which year they were released.

Then, any decent songbook program will have the full listing, or you may get lucky and find the full listing for that year on someone's site selling that set. The discs were the same songs as the SD cards, so search by the discs.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Der, don't you hate it when a 30 second Google search answers someone's questions?

Depending on which volume's you have, here are the track listings for each:

https://www.acekaraoke.com/scbes4pkesd.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

TopherM wrote:
Der, don't you hate it when a 30 second Google search answers someone's questions?

Thanks for the tip but google doesn't seem to have accurate disk by disk listings for the re-releases, E2R2, E3R4, E4R3, etc.. The SD cards come with a csv file but for whatever reason they were not updated with the re-released tracks, and the substituted tracks dont logically fall where they did originally, I use MTU so can only import a maximum 99 songs to any book ID, and was going to instead split them back down to the original DISCID-Track etc..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:46 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

djdon wrote:
Cue: illegal, trademark infringement, out of business, PEP, sue, how do you know, are you sure, post pix so we can verify for you in 3, 2, 1....

Wish I could help but don't have the listings. Sorry.

Haha yeah I am quietly confident they are all legit, 3 of them purchased through an Australian store, and I am comfortable enough with the rest of the feedback on the ebay profiles for the others, it's not a 200,000 track hard drive for 50 bucks or anything :)

I have over 2000 karaoke discs, and still purchase discs so wouldn't waste my time or money on anything illegal!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

GenerationX wrote:
TopherM wrote:

Thanks for the tip but google doesn't seem to have accurate disk by disk listings for the re-releases, E2R2, E3R4, E4R3, etc.. The SD cards come with a csv file but for whatever reason they were not updated with the re-released tracks, and the substituted tracks dont logically fall where they did originally, I use MTU so can only import a maximum 99 songs to any book ID, and was going to instead split them back down to the original DISCID-Track etc..

I have the 6 disc Super CDG version of the first 6 essential sets. I just counted 99 tracks and put them in folders, skipped the hundredth track and repeated the process. The last track of each hundred joined the last 50 in the last folder of that series of essential discs. I put those folders inside of a parent folder of that series to separate series. I liked things in some sort of order. This was when I was using Hoster. Which by the way technicly happens to be the last Windows based software that I have done a show on since I switched to OpenKJ. I now run on Ubuntu Studio.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I have the 6 disc Super CDG version of the first 6 essential sets. I just counted 99 tracks and put them in folders, skipped the hundredth track and repeated the process. The last track of each hundred joined the last 50 in the last folder of that series of essential discs. I put those folders inside of a parent folder of that series to separate series. I liked things in some sort of order. This was when I was using Hoster. Which by the way technicly happens to be the last Windows based software that I have done a show on since I switched to OpenKJ. I now run on Ubuntu Studio.

Thanks Danny, I'll check it out, I did have a look at OpenKJ back before Christmas, was a neat program, I have relied on hoster for years to reference my original discs so never made the move away from it. I haven't really moved to any digital purchasing for my main rig so i haven't had to skip book id's in place of a CD until now. May just have to bite the bullet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Pretty much has the basic features of Hoster minus the outside files feature. It just means an extra step with buy on the fly songs but I am going to have to do it anyway. I have also decided to zip everything to remain uniform as I don't plan on unzipping the downloads as I get them, just rename them into Artist - Title format. I have three master folders setup inside my Karaoke folder based on naming convention. Any new discs that I add, which is going to be few and far between as I am only going to be picking up discs if the songs that I get requests for that aren't in my library already are not available for download.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Pretty much has the basic features of Hoster minus the outside files feature. It just means an extra step with buy on the fly songs but I am going to have to do it anyway. I have also decided to zip everything to remain uniform as I don't plan on unzipping the downloads as I get them, just rename them into Artist - Title format. I have three master folders setup inside my Karaoke folder based on naming convention. Any new discs that I add, which is going to be few and far between as I am only going to be picking up discs if the songs that I get requests for that aren't in my library already are not available for download.

My library loses around 8k to 10k worth of tracks when i start deleting the duplicates and keeping 1 manu's version. Hoster now deletes them automatically for the songbook perspective, but it's worth freeing up some hard drive space and actually deleting the tracks too. Looked into the MP3g option late last year, but the KMA's are so crisp i didn't feel the time re-ripping 2000 discs was gonna be worth it, songverter by MTU is great, but very time consuming, really need to be able to leave a PC running on its own to get the job done.

New stuff I have been collecting the Zoom Pop Chart Picks discs, they are great quality and fairly good price, also get the Australian Chart Topper discs from Capital Karaoke in Australia, not sure if they are selling into the states but well worth checking out if they do!

See how songverter goes and may try out openkj again, the developer seems like a great guy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Isaac is the complete opposite of Bob Latshaw when it comes to treatment of customers when they have an issue or a feature request.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
The simplest solution would be if you had a book making program that reads the files directly from hard drive *or in your case sd card*

-James

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Isaac has a songbook generator right in his OPENKJ.ORG free player.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile