KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Latest from Mr. Bob of Karaosoft Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Latest conversation with Mr. Bob from Karaosoft. (Karma, KJ File Manager).

Me, in an email to him yesterday
:
In KJ Manager, the duplicate search function is case sensitive. Why? It shouldn't be. Songs are duplicates regardless of case.
If it sees
Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like A Lady
Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like a Lady
Or
DNCE - Toothbrush
Dnce - Toothbrush

it will not flag them as duplicates.

Mr. Bob's response:
Don, here's a great question. Why are you even still using KJ File Manager? You should have been done fixing your files years ago. If you had spent your time actually fixing your files and not telling me how to write programs, you'd probably be done by now. Dude, seriously, stop emailing me. No one man deserves to be listened to that many times. You're not that special. I no longer even listen to what you're saying. That's how annoying you are. You may be pointing out legitimate problems, but I don't want to fix them just because it's you. Didn't your parents teach you when it's time to just shut the (@$%&#!) up? Your time to shut up has come and gone long ago. I'm officially classifying your email address as junk mail so I won't even see the future ones. Find another developer to annoy.

This is the response I get for bringing up a legitimate flaw in his program.

So.. anyone that's using KJFM for finding duplicates, be forewarned. It may not find duplicates if they're all not the same case.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Just wait until he decides to revoke your licenses. That is what is coming next for badmouthing him on a public forum. If he spent more time being more attuned to his customer's needs and realize that maybe you might have just added a disc that might contain duplicates that the program that you might have ripped from gave you different cased filenames, he probably would have more customers instead of potentially driving them away with his I made my money so I no longer give a darn about my customer's needs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No badmouthing involved. It's just the facts. It's a copy and paste of the email sent and received. It's up to the reader to make their own judgements.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

djdon wrote:
No badmouthing involved. It's just the facts. It's a copy and paste of the email sent and received. It's up to the reader to make their own judgements.

Tell that to Bob. In his eyes any negativity towards him deserves vengeance. He has done it to others. His ego is almost as fragile as Trump's.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
His ego is almost as fragile as Trump's.
Or how about your fragility:
DannyG2006 Why yell at me because I end up having to do the research wrote:
I have posted several times and I left specific criteria yet none of the answers followed the criteria so why get upset if I end up answering my own questions.
That was pretty fragile..... kind of like Hilary :D

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:11 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
djdon wrote:

No not you personally just everyone underneath lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
His ego is almost as fragile as Trump's.
Or how about your fragility:
DannyG2006 Why yell at me because I end up having to do the research wrote:
I have posted several times and I left specific criteria yet none of the answers followed the criteria so why get upset if I end up answering my own questions.
That was pretty fragile..... kind of like Hilary :D

I see nothing fragile in my statement above. I don't always have the patience to wait for an answer from a question that I legitimately asked at the time. Sometimes like last night when I asked about how to safely separate the speaker from the extension. I had a deadline to get the answer because I have a show coming up on Friday night and needed it to be ready for transport before then. I will accept the Hillary comment because she didn't show the strength to challenge the electoral college vote for the electoral not performing their constitutional responsibility of protecting the Country from Trump because of the foreign enemy of the state interference.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

aaannnddddd.... from Latshaw to Trump.

Brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DJDon, I was only comparing their egos. Both think that their poop don't stink but gets upset when someone points out that it does.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DJDon, I received one reply from "Robber Crapshaw" similar to yours. He told me "I was beginning to get on his nerves" along with a lot of other lovely statements about how pathetic my friends must be.

So I just use Karma 2014.09.01 on an XP laptop and never even think about what he can do for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
F@#K bob latshaw... send me your support questions and i'll try my best to assist you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
F@#K bob latshaw... send me your support questions and i'll try my best to assist you.

One of the reasons I love CompuHost so much. Aside from being an outstanding program, it's customer support is impeccable. They have helped me many times over the years either by email or phone. I know if I have an issue with the program, they're going to be there for me. They treat their customers with dignity and respect and go out of their way to help them resolve any issue they can.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

It's the same way with MTU. I have experienced great support from them on some of their other products. Latshaw was a nightmare. I won't bother with any of his products that are not free. I use to use his request generator before I went remote requests and I use his file sychronizer for when I have to backup my songs off my main system. Icroons I barely go to now. I prefer going directly to the manufacturer's website itself and when I used to use Icroons on a regular basis it was only to see if the song I was looking for was available for download or what disc it might be on even though Icroons was far from being complete. I never clicked on the links to the songs. No way I am giving that arrogant prick any of my money.

Last edited by DannyG2006 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One of these days he's gonna say the wrong thing to the wrong person. He has zero respect; a spoiled little rich kid. Classic sociopath.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
djdon wrote:
One of these days he's gonna say the wrong thing to the wrong person. He has zero respect; a spoiled little rich kid. Classic sociopath.

Agreed. What I don't understand is why people continue to support him by purchasing and using his products when he could give a sh*t about you. I mean you're spending good money to only be treated like garbage. I don't care how good his software is, no customer should be insulted and disrespected in that manner.

So, listen up people... the only way to take a stand is to Stop Using His Products! It's not worth it. Unless you want to give your money to someone who makes you feel you're not worth the time of day. It's not like you don't have other choices.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Wow, even as an open source developer I can't imagine ever talking to one of my users that way, and nobody is paying me for my work. The tone in that reply is completely unprofessional and ridiculous, especially considering that the point about case sensitivity sounds completely valid and would likely be trivial to remedy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:36 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

For the song list program and the file management you can get one single program that will do both and it's cheaper than the either program alone. Pilot Songbook Creator does both file renaming and creates a Songbook for printing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
What I don't understand is why people continue to support him by purchasing and using his products when he could give a sh*t about you. I mean you're spending good money to only be treated like garbage. I don't care how good his software is, no customer should be insulted and disrespected in that manner.

Bob doesn’t treat me like garbage, Alan. The questions I asked him weren’t the ones that could be interpreted as an insult to his intelligence or be regarded as an attack upon his ability to understand a logical question. ‘been using it for years and had a few positive interactions with Bob, but never had my 4 karma licenses revoked.

So, yes, I will continue to use all his products because imho, they are excellent products and fulfill my needs – and more! I tried/purchased full versions of: compuhost, MTU hoster, Siglos, etc. They’re not for me. I keep going back to karma. At the risk of repeating myself “it’s a matter of preference”.

Alan B wrote:
So, listen up people... the only way to take a stand is to Stop Using His Products! It's not worth it. Unless you want to give your money to someone who makes you feel you're not worth the time of day. It's not like you don't have other choices.

See my above statement above “it’s the way you ask the question”. With all due respect, Alan, you’ll never hear me say “the only way to take a stand is stop using compuhost, it’s not worth it.” :roll:
No other clear choice for me but karma. So, I take it you don’t use his products, Alan? You’re not using Song List Generator? KJ File Manager? File Synchronizer?, iCroons? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Brian A wrote:
Bob doesn’t treat me like garbage, Alan. The questions I asked him weren’t the ones that could be interpreted as an insult to his intelligence or be regarded as an attack upon his ability to understand a logical question. ‘been using it for years and had a few positive interactions with Bob, but never had my 4 karma licenses revoked.

Do you think my original email to him was disrespectful or rude or an insult to his intelligence?

He even acknowledged it (could have been) a problem (it absolutely is) but 'didn't want to fix it because it was me'. Is that any way act? He's a grown man with a kid. He clearly has mental problems; split personality, sociopath, psychotic or schizophrenic tendencies. No one is beneath him or whatever intelligence he thinks he has.

He's the worst kind of person. He's warped. And he knows it. But he revels in the attention.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

djdon wrote:
Do you think my original email to him was disrespectful or rude or an insult to his intelligence?

He even acknowledged it (could have been) a problem (it absolutely is) but 'didn't want to fix it because it was me'. Is that any way act? He's a grown man with a kid. He clearly has mental problems; split personality, sociopath, psychotic or schizophrenic tendencies. No one is beneath him or whatever intelligence he thinks he has.

He's the worst kind of person. He's warped. And he knows it. But he revels in the attention.

Don, Brian was not referring to you in his last reply. He was responding to Alan.

I most certainly don't think you deserved the tongue lashing you received.