KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Pics of your setup table Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
and yes I just recently got a Tonematch. Haven't had time to use it in a real live show.

Congrats, I hope you like it (I really like using mine)! There is a learning curve but you'll figure it out I am sure. If you connect your computer via usb you can then route the music feed to channels 4/5 to have total control over it. Enjoy.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
RLC wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
and yes I just recently got a Tonematch. Haven't had time to use it in a real live show.

Congrats, I hope you like it (I really like using mine)! There is a learning curve but you'll figure it out I am sure. If you connect your computer via usb you can then route the music feed to channels 4/5 to have total control over it. Enjoy.

Already successfully set that up. It basically does what the USB interface on my old Yamaha MG10XU mixer did. I am happy to have that function with this mixer. It actually made up for a mistaken purchase of a y cable that would not have worked because the RCA to quarter inch cable that I was originally going to use to connect my external sound card to the mixer ended up what I hooked up between the mixer and the jacks I plug my amplifier's input from the mixer. I tested it out using an active speaker that I was going to use as a singer's monitor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:52 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
RLC wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Already successfully set that up. It basically does what the USB interface on my old Yamaha MG10XU mixer did. I am happy to have that function with this mixer. It actually made up for a mistaken purchase of a y cable that would not have worked because the RCA to quarter inch cable that I was originally going to use to connect my external sound card to the mixer ended up what I hooked up between the mixer and the jacks I plug my amplifier's input from the mixer. I tested it out using an active speaker that I was going to use as a singer's monitor.

Okay, I spoke too soon. Breakaway doesn't recognize the Bose mixer so I am back to using my external sound card and connecting with the mixer via inputs 4 & 5. I will only be connecting via USB between the laptop and the mixer if and when I need to update things that need to be updated on the mixer. I am going with the L1 Compact with the Bluetooth receiver.

Attachments:
L1_CompactWirelessPkg_topAngleRightExtended_halfRes-b0b926e51bb530833f786717835ec907.jpg
L1_CompactWirelessPkg_topAngleRightExtended_halfRes-b0b926e51bb530833f786717835ec907.jpg [ 26.93 KiB | Viewed 33250 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:41 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
You don't need to use breakaway with the Tonematch mixer. Simply utilize the DJ Music preset on channel 4/5. it enables the Comp/Limiter to squash out any loud parts and works very well.

I personally use Comp 2 instead of the limiter.
Attachment:
384.jpg
384.jpg [ 41.24 KiB | Viewed 33245 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I have a friend who has the ability on his mixer. He showed me how it works but I liked breakaway a lot better than a hardware solution. Seems to me that you loose some quality in the hardware solution but not so with Breakaway. In fact it seems that Breakaway adds quality to the process in addition to leveling out the volume of the songs so I will stick to Breakaway for now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
There is a solution for using Breakaway with the T1. I forget what it is. I am sure this will jog someone's memory. We can search if all else fails.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
MrBoo wrote:
There is a solution for using Breakaway with the T1. I forget what it is. I am sure this will jog someone's memory. We can search if all else fails.
Yes, all you have to do is choose the T1 as the sound card in the Breakaway wizard. Breakaway does a way better job of controlling the audio output than using the T1 compression (as KNF has prescribed). Breakaway does way more than just compress. It looks ahead on what is being played and analyzes the output volume and other EQ settings, applies them, then adjusts the overall output.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:27 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Setup time 8 minutes
Attachment:
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0407.JPG [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 33145 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 33145 times ]

One speaker throws the sound all over the room.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
I think kudos are in order for all of you folks that put the time into their rigs to make it easy on themselves and offer the best singing experience to your clients within your abilities to do so. 8 minute set-up? Wow that has to be about as good as it gets. Good job KNF.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
MrBoo wrote:
Yes, all you have to do is choose the T1 as the sound card in the Breakaway wizard. Breakaway does a way better job of controlling the audio output than using the T1 compression (as KNF has prescribed). Breakaway does way more than just compress. It looks ahead on what is being played and analyzes the output volume and other EQ settings, applies them, then adjusts the overall output.

I keep getting an error message when I choose the Bose.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
MrBoo wrote:

I keep getting an error message when I choose the Bose.

Danny, when you use the setup wizard check the safe mode box and select the Speakers (Bose USB Audio). This will allow you to use the T1 and Breakaway together. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thanks Bazinga, worked like a charm.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:16 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
For those that do not use Internet (Online) can setup a Local network using a router to connect tablets kiosk songbooks (offline) to request songs remotely. I have one at the bottom right side just under the two bose amps.
Attachment:
26166145_1535767733185986_2803336239100385973_n.jpg
26166145_1535767733185986_2803336239100385973_n.jpg [ 87.67 KiB | Viewed 32880 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
For those that do not use Internet (Online) can setup a Local network using a router to connect tablets kiosk songbooks (offline) to request songs remotely. I have one at the bottom right side just under the two bose amps.
Attachment:

Does not work with the phone app for Compuhost, SongbookDB or OpenKJ. All need the internet to work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
jdmeister wrote:
Here's a short video of an "Outdoor Gig".
Look quick to see the setup.
The "Table" is a 40 foot flat bed semi trailer.
Yamaha paid for the gig, so it turned our OK.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Attachment:

Does not work with the phone app for Compuhost, SongbookDB or OpenKJ. All need the internet to work.

Compuhost yes that is what I use with the remote songbook client software. The other two require internet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Here's a pic of my new setup. I took it last night when I tested it out at an old bar, which I may be doing on Friday nights. Because it was only a test to see if the new speaker system would work in a small bar atmosphere, which it passed with flying colors, we didn't promote the event. The next show will be promoted by both myself and the owner. But the few people who were there were impressed with the sound quality and the lack of need for a second speaker. I am probably going to get one down the line for larger venues but it was enough for the bar it was in.

Attachments:
received_1570431839644052.jpeg
received_1570431839644052.jpeg [ 346.26 KiB | Viewed 32755 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I am probably going to get one down the line for larger venues but it was enough for the bar it was in.

Neophyte question: just curious - going to "get another one for larger venues", does that mean I have to buy the exact same set or just the wing stand and the 2 line arrays without the B2 sub? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Brian A wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
I am probably going to get one down the line for larger venues but it was enough for the bar it was in.

Neophyte question: just curious - going to "get another one for larger venues", does that mean I have to buy the exact same set or just the wing stand and the 2 line arrays without the B2 sub? Thanks.

Brian, I was just referring to the line array. I have a splitter that will split the signal from the mixer to the line array speakers and an extra cable for that purpose as well. I have given up on using Bluetooth from the mixer to the speaker system but plan on repurposing the Bluetooth feature for something else.