KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - karaoke mp3+g normalizer Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: karaoke mp3+g normalizer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 am
Posts: 3
Been Liked: 0 time
Hi. Can someone tell me how use MP3GAIN to normalize my Karaoke zip files.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:01 am 
Online
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1415
Images: 2
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Been Liked: 104 times
MP3Gain only normalizes the MP3 track... the CDG file is just a graphics file.
do keep in mind when normalizing an mp3 track may in fact throw off the sync in when played with the cdg file.

some karaoke software's have a normalizing feature built in.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 2923
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1187 times
Soundzman wrote:
Hi. Can someone tell me how use MP3GAIN to normalize my Karaoke zip files.
You have to unzip the file, normalize, then rezip..... or you can just use Breakaway Audio and do nothing. http://claessonedwards.com/home-audio/b ... o-enhancer


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3224
Images: 13
Been Liked: 955 times
mrmarog wrote:
Soundzman wrote:
Hi. Can someone tell me how use MP3GAIN to normalize my Karaoke zip files.
You have to unzip the file, normalize, then rezip..... or you can just use Breakaway Audio and do nothing. http://claessonedwards.com/home-audio/b ... o-enhancer

I, 2nd that. Breakaway will change your pc audio to the highest level of quality with increased bass response, depth and consistency.

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21712
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1654 times
mrmarog wrote:
Soundzman wrote:
Hi. Can someone tell me how use MP3GAIN to normalize my Karaoke zip files.
You have to unzip the file, normalize, then rezip..... or you can just use Breakaway Audio and do nothing. http://claessonedwards.com/home-audio/b ... o-enhancer

3rd that. Doesn't change any of the original files in any manner and normalizes on the fly.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 am
Posts: 3
Been Liked: 0 time
Many thanks for all your help on this matter. It looks like Breakaway is the answer. Thanks again.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 1943
Been Liked: 381 times
Brian A wrote:
Breakaway will change your pc audio to the highest level of quality with increased bass response, depth and consistency.

Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21712
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1654 times
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.
Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband enhancement tool much to your disbelief.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4372
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 908 times
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.
Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband compressor and BBE Sonic Maximizer much to your disbelief.

corrected that for ya.

karaokeniagrafalls wrote:
do keep in mind when normalizing an mp3 track may in fact throw off the sync in when played with the cdg file.

no, it does not. all my files play at the same perceved volume complete with full original dynamics and no sync issues. perhaps your home software can not handle it.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 1943
Been Liked: 381 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.
Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband compressor and BBE Sonic Maximizer much to your disbelief.

corrected that for ya.

karaokeniagrafalls wrote:
do keep in mind when normalizing an mp3 track may in fact throw off the sync in when played with the cdg file.

no, it does not. all my files play at the same perceved volume complete with full original dynamics and no sync issues. perhaps your home software can not handle it.

I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 but don't use it anymore. But IMO, it would be much better than using any software based manipulation such as Breakaway. If you're using a good external sound card instead of the PC's built in audio, you do not need Breakaway. Any additional enhancements can be done with your mixers EQ.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 1943
Been Liked: 381 times
Alan B wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.
Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband compressor and BBE Sonic Maximizer much to your disbelief.

corrected that for ya.

karaokeniagrafalls wrote:
do keep in mind when normalizing an mp3 track may in fact throw off the sync in when played with the cdg file.

no, it does not. all my files play at the same perceved volume complete with full original dynamics and no sync issues. perhaps your home software can not handle it.

I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 but don't use it anymore. But IMO, it would be much better than using any software based manipulation such as Breakaway. If you're using a good external sound card instead of the PC's built in audio, you do not need Breakaway. Any additional enhancements can be done with your mixer's EQ.

And Lonnie, I'm surprised at you. I thought you were a purest. Never thought you would use this to make your system sound good instead of your mixing skills.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3224
Images: 13
Been Liked: 955 times
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:
Breakaway will change your pc audio to the highest level of quality with increased bass response, depth and consistency.

Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.

Whatever suits your fancy, Alan. Here’s my question: Have you ever tried Breakaway? (This was like reminiscent of last month when I ask you have you ever owned QSC speakers?) :roll:

I don’t use lexicon alpha. I use a high-end external sound card, Asus xonar essence stu PLUS Breakaway!

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4372
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 908 times
Alan B wrote:
I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 but don't use it anymore. But IMO, it would be much better than using any software based manipulation such as Breakaway. If you're using a good external sound card instead of the PC's built in audio, you do not need Breakaway. Any additional enhancements can be done with your mixers EQ.

breakaway is a multiband compressor. the theory is to keep the volume the same on the fly. in this thread that was actually the function it was brought up for "karaoke mp3+g normalizer".
the BBE style enhancement is a by-product of multiband compression, in essence, a smiley face EQ. the midrange frequencies using a FM curve have more energy and get reduced more than the lows and highs (whereas a straight compressor will lower all frequencies equally, this particular multiband lowers the mids more since there is no individual adjustment) so the end result is enhanced low and high frequencies and reduced dynamics.
THAT BEING SAID
try it, if YOU like it, use. if you don't like it, don't use it.
they love it, they use it, good for them. the end result is happy hosts.
i don't love it, i don't use it, the end result...happy hosts.
i merely stated what it actually was, nothing more. this "if you don't do it my way you are wrong and an idiot" garbage is getting more annoying every day.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 1943
Been Liked: 381 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
try it, if YOU like it, use. if you don't like it, don't use it.

I have tried it. I didn't like it. I won't use it.

If I want normalization, CompuHost does it flawlessly. And if I want enhanced sound, a little EQ on my A&H mixer can do that. My laptop came with Beats Audio. It also has a enhancement feature at the push of a button. When engaged, the sound is cleaner, richer and fuller than just using the PC's built in sound. In fact, it sounds better than Breakaway. But, I don't use that either. I think I get a great sound with my external sound card and mixer.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 1943
Been Liked: 381 times
Brian A wrote:

I don’t use lexicon alpha. I use a high-end external sound card, Asus xonar essence stu PLUS Breakaway!

The question is Why Brian? If you're using such a high end card , then why do you need it? Which leads me to believe, your expensive high end card can't be all that great if you have to rely on some software program to make it sound better.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3224
Images: 13
Been Liked: 955 times
Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:

I don’t use lexicon alpha. I use a high-end external sound card, Asus xonar essence stu PLUS Breakaway!

The question is Why Brian? If you're using such a high end card , then why do you need it? Which leads me to believe, your expensive high end card can't be all that great if you have to rely on some software program to make it sound better.

We all know that different brand cdg’s were recorded at different volumes; case in point, pioneer vs partytyme, or any and all other discs for that matter.

Without breakaway I’d be constantly adjusting my volume all night long. With breakaway I can set the volume to a fixed level and never reach for that volume control. It will be pretty much consistent all-night long.

I answered your question, but you didn’t answer what I asked you, so once again: “Have you ever tried breakaway?”

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3224
Images: 13
Been Liked: 955 times
Alan B wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
try it, if YOU like it, use. if you don't like it, don't use it.

I have tried it. I didn't like it. I won't use it.

If I want normalization, CompuHost does it flawlessly. And if I want enhanced sound, a little EQ on my A&H mixer can do that. My laptop came with Beats Audio. It also has a enhancement feature at the push of a button. When engaged, the sound is cleaner, richer and fuller than just using the PC's built in sound. In fact, it sounds better than Breakaway. But, I don't use that either. I think I get a great sound with my external sound card and mixer.

Disregard my question, Alan. Based on your post above........................... :roll: :roll:

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:50 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Been Liked: 209 times
I use the Lexicon Alpha as well, but it sounds like Breakaway would be a great addition... and $29.00 is a cheap investment as far as I'm concerned.. I've heard so many compliments about Brian's system that, if Breakaway is even slightly responsible, I'm in.

_________________
Earl
(BS, PHD & Certified CurmuDJeon)

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21712
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1654 times
Alan B wrote:
And Lonnie, I'm surprised at you. I thought you were a purest. Never thought you would use this to make your system sound good instead of your mixing skills.
Purest? Who ever said that??
My mixing skills are just fine, this just helps keep the volume at the same level and actually mellows out frequencies in the recording that are too high automatically.
With that kind of thinking I guess no one should ever use compressors on mics either because you should keep your hand on the fader at every given moment - ya know, use your skill. Guess i'm a POS because I don't agree with your beliefs but you've already stated at one time those that don't use Compuhost are inferior (or something to that effect), so i'll remain inferior (in your eyes).

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21712
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1654 times
Earl wrote:
I use the Lexicon Alpha as well, but it sounds like Breakaway would be a great addition... and $29.00 is a cheap investment as far as I'm concerned.. I've heard so many compliments about Brian's system that, if Breakaway is even slightly responsible, I'm in.
It's a nice little tool that works quite well for most - good equipment or not.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DannyG2006 and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech