KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - karaoke mp3+g normalizer Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: karaoke mp3+g normalizer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi. Can someone tell me how use MP3GAIN to normalize my Karaoke zip files.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:01 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
MP3Gain only normalizes the MP3 track... the CDG file is just a graphics file.
do keep in mind when normalizing an mp3 track may in fact throw off the sync in when played with the cdg file.

some karaoke software's have a normalizing feature built in.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Soundzman wrote:
You have to unzip the file, normalize, then rezip..... or you can just use Breakaway Audio and do nothing. http://claessonedwards.com/home-audio/b ... o-enhancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog wrote:
Soundzman wrote:
You have to unzip the file, normalize, then rezip..... or you can just use Breakaway Audio and do nothing. http://claessonedwards.com/home-audio/b ... o-enhancer

I, 2nd that. Breakaway will change your pc audio to the highest level of quality with increased bass response, depth and consistency.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
mrmarog wrote:
Soundzman wrote:

3rd that. Doesn't change any of the original files in any manner and normalizes on the fly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Many thanks for all your help on this matter. It looks like Breakaway is the answer. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Brian A wrote:
Breakaway will change your pc audio to the highest level of quality with increased bass response, depth and consistency.

Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

I use an external sound card. Lexicon Alpha. I do not use or need Breakaway. As far as normalization is concerned, CompuHost handles that and does it very well.
Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband enhancement tool much to your disbelief.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband compressor and BBE Sonic Maximizer much to your disbelief.

corrected that for ya.

karaokeniagrafalls wrote:
do keep in mind when normalizing an mp3 track may in fact throw off the sync in when played with the cdg file.

no, it does not. all my files play at the same perceved volume complete with full original dynamics and no sync issues. perhaps your home software can not handle it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

Whatever! I use the Lexicon Alpha as well and Breakaway is a great multiband compressor and BBE Sonic Maximizer much to your disbelief.

corrected that for ya.

no, it does not. all my files play at the same perceved volume complete with full original dynamics and no sync issues. perhaps your home software can not handle it.

I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 but don't use it anymore. But IMO, it would be much better than using any software based manipulation such as Breakaway. If you're using a good external sound card instead of the PC's built in audio, you do not need Breakaway. Any additional enhancements can be done with your mixers EQ.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Whatever.

corrected that for ya.

I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 but don't use it anymore. But IMO, it would be much better than using any software based manipulation such as Breakaway. If you're using a good external sound card instead of the PC's built in audio, you do not need Breakaway. Any additional enhancements can be done with your mixer's EQ.

And Lonnie, I'm surprised at you. I thought you were a purest. Never thought you would use this to make your system sound good instead of your mixing skills.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:
Breakaway will change your pc audio to the highest level of quality with increased bass response, depth and consistency.

Whatever.

Whatever suits your fancy, Alan. Here’s my question: Have you ever tried Breakaway? (This was like reminiscent of last month when I ask you have you ever owned QSC speakers?) :roll:

I don’t use lexicon alpha. I use a high-end external sound card, Asus xonar essence stu PLUS Breakaway!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer 882 but don't use it anymore. But IMO, it would be much better than using any software based manipulation such as Breakaway. If you're using a good external sound card instead of the PC's built in audio, you do not need Breakaway. Any additional enhancements can be done with your mixers EQ.

breakaway is a multiband compressor. the theory is to keep the volume the same on the fly. in this thread that was actually the function it was brought up for "karaoke mp3+g normalizer".
the BBE style enhancement is a by-product of multiband compression, in essence, a smiley face EQ. the midrange frequencies using a FM curve have more energy and get reduced more than the lows and highs (whereas a straight compressor will lower all frequencies equally, this particular multiband lowers the mids more since there is no individual adjustment) so the end result is enhanced low and high frequencies and reduced dynamics.
THAT BEING SAID
try it, if YOU like it, use. if you don't like it, don't use it.
they love it, they use it, good for them. the end result is happy hosts.
i don't love it, i don't use it, the end result...happy hosts.
i merely stated what it actually was, nothing more. this "if you don't do it my way you are wrong and an idiot" garbage is getting more annoying every day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

I have tried it. I didn't like it. I won't use it.

If I want normalization, CompuHost does it flawlessly. And if I want enhanced sound, a little EQ on my A&H mixer can do that. My laptop came with Beats Audio. It also has a enhancement feature at the push of a button. When engaged, the sound is cleaner, richer and fuller than just using the PC's built in sound. In fact, it sounds better than Breakaway. But, I don't use that either. I think I get a great sound with my external sound card and mixer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:

I don’t use lexicon alpha. I use a high-end external sound card, Asus xonar essence stu PLUS Breakaway!

The question is Why Brian? If you're using such a high end card , then why do you need it? Which leads me to believe, your expensive high end card can't be all that great if you have to rely on some software program to make it sound better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Brian A wrote:

The question is Why Brian? If you're using such a high end card , then why do you need it? Which leads me to believe, your expensive high end card can't be all that great if you have to rely on some software program to make it sound better.

We all know that different brand cdg’s were recorded at different volumes; case in point, pioneer vs partytyme, or any and all other discs for that matter.

Without breakaway I’d be constantly adjusting my volume all night long. With breakaway I can set the volume to a fixed level and never reach for that volume control. It will be pretty much consistent all-night long.

I answered your question, but you didn’t answer what I asked you, so once again: “Have you ever tried breakaway?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

I have tried it. I didn't like it. I won't use it.

If I want normalization, CompuHost does it flawlessly. And if I want enhanced sound, a little EQ on my A&H mixer can do that. My laptop came with Beats Audio. It also has a enhancement feature at the push of a button. When engaged, the sound is cleaner, richer and fuller than just using the PC's built in sound. In fact, it sounds better than Breakaway. But, I don't use that either. I think I get a great sound with my external sound card and mixer.

Disregard my question, Alan. Based on your post above........................... :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I use the Lexicon Alpha as well, but it sounds like Breakaway would be a great addition... and $29.00 is a cheap investment as far as I'm concerned.. I've heard so many compliments about Brian's system that, if Breakaway is even slightly responsible, I'm in.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
And Lonnie, I'm surprised at you. I thought you were a purest. Never thought you would use this to make your system sound good instead of your mixing skills.
Purest? Who ever said that??
My mixing skills are just fine, this just helps keep the volume at the same level and actually mellows out frequencies in the recording that are too high automatically.
With that kind of thinking I guess no one should ever use compressors on mics either because you should keep your hand on the fader at every given moment - ya know, use your skill. Guess i'm a POS because I don't agree with your beliefs but you've already stated at one time those that don't use Compuhost are inferior (or something to that effect), so i'll remain inferior (in your eyes).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Earl wrote:
I use the Lexicon Alpha as well, but it sounds like Breakaway would be a great addition... and $29.00 is a cheap investment as far as I'm concerned.. I've heard so many compliments about Brian's system that, if Breakaway is even slightly responsible, I'm in.
It's a nice little tool that works quite well for most - good equipment or not.