KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sometimes, it feels like I'm the only one... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:28 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
...who posts in this forum strictly as a karaoke singer, not a host. I mean, I've filled in for hosts before when things came up, but it's definitely not even remotely a possibility for a main gig or a side gig for me, as I greatly prefer drinking to wrangling drunks.

Are there any others still posting who are here just as singers?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:34 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Many of the sings post in the Showcase area of the forum.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I think the casual karaoke singers that used to post on this Forum have been scared away by the holier than thou KJs that run roughshod over this Forum. Your typical karaoke singer knows that he will get called a pirate the minute he or she admits to using tracks from youtube or tracks that they somehow got for free. It's just easier to avoid the entire situation by not posting anything at all; which seems to be what the remaining KJs here want. It has become the Goody Two Shoes Forum for the most part. If you don't profess to be 100% legal; you are basically persona non grata around here. Recently, someone on the forum offered a payment of $100 if someone would make a karaoke track for them. I made the track for them for FREE and the thread was deleted. It was for a song that has never been offered for sale commercially so I didn't take any money out of anyone's pocket but my own. Still, the thread was deleted by the moderators. I believe it was Brian A who was looking for a song to be made for someone's wedding a few moths back and i made that song as well.....FOR FREE. I'M NOT DOING THIS FOR ANY MONETARY GAIN. I JUST LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE SING SONGS THAT THEY WANT TO SING. Apparently, that sort of thing is frowned upon here and that is a big part of the reason why this Forum is more like a ghost town than a boom town. You thread gets deleted just for trying to be a nice guy. The same people that have no problem using Backstage karaoke Products have an issue with someone doing a favor for someone and making a karaoke track, FOR FREE, for another Forum member.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I made the track for them for FREE and the thread was deleted. It was for a song that has never been offered for sale commercially so I didn't take any money out of anyone's pocket but my own. Still, the thread was deleted by the moderators.

I hope you found a track that was better than the god awful midi-mess that I found online!
If you used that one, the moderators may have just been being merciful to the poor guy who wanted the track. 8>))))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It was not a midi track. I even made a second one using the suggestion that was left here by dsm2000 who was also just trying to help. I changed the key from A to D and changed the beats per minute from 136 to 120 as was suggested. I re-checked the swipes on the graphics and it came out great. I put it on youtube but can't leave a link here or they will just delete it. The KV track that I had contained some background singers so I used the BKD track that had no background singers. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Karaoke Croaker on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I believe it was Brian A who was looking for a song to be made for someone's wedding a few months back and i made that song as well.....FOR FREE. I'M NOT DOING THIS FOR ANY MONETARY GAIN. I JUST LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE SING SONGS THAT THEY WANT TO SING.

dsm2000 wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I made the track for them for FREE and the thread was deleted. It was for a song that has never been offered for sale commercially so I didn't take any money out of anyone's pocket but my own. Still, the thread was deleted by the moderators.

I hope you found a track that was better than the god awful midi-mess that I found online!
If you used that one, the moderators may have just been being merciful to the poor guy who wanted the track. 8>))))

I was desperately looking for “Miracles” by Stacy Lattisaw for a wedding gig; specifically requested by the bride-to-be to sing to her groom. I have the Radio Starz RSZ629-01 - Kelly Clarkson. Similar but I think RS changed the artist, then mixed-in loud canned applause in almost the entire song. Thunderous applause louder than the music. Horrendously dreadful version.

karaokecroaker made 2 tracks for me, piano accompaniment & instrumental version. The bride sang the piano version at the ceremony (nice backyard) and the instrumental version at the reception. The bride was truly appreciative.

I was insistent to compensate him for his time and effort in helping me out, but he flatly turned down my offer of payment. Thanks again for saving my hide. I just can’t imagine playing the RS version and the guests looking at me like saying ‘wtf’? :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's just a shame that the powers that be on this forum frown on members helping each other out. It's not like I posted a link to the entire GEM Series of songs for people to download. It's a shame that you have to jump through hoops just to do someone a favor out of the goodness of your heart.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Another hint is to look at covers and tutorials . . . I found a great sounding "How to play Still You Turn Me by ELP" and used it to make a karaoke of the song.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:37 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
It's just a shame that the powers that be on this forum frown on members helping each other out.

No they don't. They never have. They are here to help. And I've gotten much help and advice over the years from this forum. The reason why we "frown" on pirates and pirate shows is because it has hurt us in many ways...

They have taken jobs from us. They have caused the going rate for hosting to drop significantly. And... they have contributed to just about every american karaoke publisher to go out of business.

Do you think it's fair that most of us have spent our hard earned money building up a music library while the pirate gets everything for free?

That's why we hate them. So, when I hear you say stuff like "If you can't beat them, join them". From the comments that you've made in some of your posts, I'm sure that many of us here believe you're not totally on the up and up.

___ On A Side Note ____
I know this will never happen, but I would just love it if Brian A would give me a like for this post. He usually never does when I respond to someone with the truth. He usually stays neutral. But, come on Brian, give me a like. LOL

Last edited by Alan B on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have found a lot of good acoustic guitar tutorials on line to make karaoke tracks from. One guys name is Robbie Trujillo. He makes a ton of country songs and explains the chords and how to play them.

Last edited by Karaoke Croaker on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alan B wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
It's just a shame that the powers that be on this forum frown on members helping each other out.

No they don't. They never have. They are here to help. And I've gotten much help and advice over the years from this forum. The reason why we "frown" on pirates and pirate shows is because it has hurt us in many ways...

They have taken jobs from us. They have caused the going rate for hosting to drop significantly. And... they have contributed to just about every american karaoke publisher to go out of business.

Do you think it's fair that most of us have spent our hard earned money building up a music library while the pirate gets everything for free?

I've purchased plenty of karaoke discs over the years. I've also bought plenty of backing tracks from Karaokeversion.com and made my own karaoke tracks; a few thousand of them actually. If you're a very good KJ; a pirate shouldn't be able to make a dent in your business. I don't think that my volunteering to make a track for someone as an act of piracy that is going to put anyone out of a job. If you have 15,000 legal karaoke tracks and one homemade track from me; is that gonna cause Saint Peter to lock the pearly gates when you show up in heaven? Karaoke Sound Tools 2 could have done the same thing with the Adele song just as easily as using Audacity. If you've got a single Sweet Georgia Brown disc; or a Backstage disc in your collection; you're just as wrong as the guy who gets a free track from me. You know it's an illegally produced disc and you use a technicality to justify you using it. You are hiding behind a double standard and that is just hypocrisy.

That's why we hate them. So, when I hear you say stuff like "If you can't beat them, join them". From the comments that you've made in some of your posts, I'm sure that many of us here believe you're not totally on the up and up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
___ On A Side Note ____
I know this will never happen, but I would just love it if Brian A would give me a like for this post. He usually never does when I respond to someone with the truth. He usually stays neutral. But, come on Brian, give me a like. LOL

I am giving you a “like” because you begged me to. :lol: I don’t hesitate to give a like if the post is deserving; yours included, although I’ve never got a like from you, well maybe once or twice if my memory serves me correctly.

Quite a few of your posts I don’t agree with; therefore, I’d rather stay neutral to avoid confrontational interaction.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All I did was help out another Forum member and the powers that be deleted any mention of it. Someone was looking to PAY someone; anyone, to make a song for him. I offered to make the song for FREE.....just as I did for Brian A a while ago. I have a knack for making karaoke tracks fairly well and I don't mind sharing that skill with people who love karaoke as much as I do; even if they are people that I usually don't get along with. I don't care that Brian isn't a fan of mine. What I do care about is that there was a bride, that I didn't even know, who wanted to sing a particular song and I wanted to make that bride's wedding a slightly better experience for her. Nothing at all to do with promoting piracy. Just trying to be a nice guy to a total stranger. That is what the moderators try to delete from history. It's very similar to how the Liberal Left treats Donald J. Trump. He could cure prostate cancer and they would find something negative about it like why didn't he try to cure breast cancer first? Even when I do something nice; it gets erased because they are so intent on trying to make me look like a bad guy because I've never been a sound choice cheerleader. It's okay really because the bride got her song and the guy asking for the David Nail song got his song too. You can't stop good deeds from happening... no matter how hard you try. Deleting the thread doesn't delete the song from the guy's hard drive. I hope he sings the (@$%&#!) out of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:19 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:

I can't get into it. Recording singing online... isn't my idea of karaoke.

Plus, I like you folks. Most of you. Some of you.

I'm just glad y'all put up with me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

NoShameKaraoke wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:

I can't get into it. Recording singing online... isn't my idea of karaoke.

Plus, I like you folks. Most of you. Some of you.

I'm just glad y'all put up with me.

"NoShameKaraoke" is what it's all about. Go out, sing out and have fun. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
All I did was help out...

Has it occurred to you that "help out" is not "all" that you did.

You have, in fact, committed a copyright violation.

You have, in fact, attempted/accomplished distribution of your infringing "product".

It seems sensible to me that the concern of the site administration would be to disavow and distance themselves from that activity.

Monetary compensation is not required to determine whether someone has willingly infringed upon someone else's copyright.

I am not attacking you personally... I have stated what I believe to be obvious facts about the act of producing derivative works (karaoke) from a copyrighted work and acknowledge that the admin of this site could be held liable if they don't take action.

I am also aware that the odds are minuscule that anyone would get into trouble with this. I would compare it to a trucking company that has speed limiters on their vehicles and someone creates a gadget that removes the limit. Would that company allow information about that device and how to obtain it to be posted on their company's website/forum? It's only speeding (victim-less crime right?), but would/could the company be held liable if they did nothing to stop the use, or the distribution of or the dissemination of information regarding that gadget?

Food for thought.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Oh my God the sacred copyright law was violated, it is the end of Western Civilization as we know it. If just the manus has been as committed to not violating the the copyright laws as you seem to be Mtn. I hate to break it to you but it is not the end of the world. Things happen everyday and laws are broken but you don't lock up everyone and throw away the key. Even law enforcement realizes that you can't lock up everyone, who is going to be the jailers? I'm sure you don't have any questionable materials in your vast library right? :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I took an Adele karaoke song and basically turned it into the David Nail karaoke version of the same song and gave it away for FREE. If I get a letter from Adele's attorneys; I will cease and desist from distributing the song in the future. There are no damages that I could be sued for since I didn't make any money on the deal at all. What I did was about the same as someone driving 56 MPH in a 55MPH speed zone. Unfortunately, this Forum has a "speed trap" with a zero tolerance limit...... for some people. Many people on this Forum think that the producer of BKD tracks doesn't pay for his licensing to make the songs that he produces. If that guy would have made the David Nail version of "Someone Like You" it probably wouldn't have been any more legal than the version that I made; but if someone BOUGHT the song from that guy, the buyer could claim that he bought it in good faith so he would continue to use it at his shows. Just seems like a whole lot of BS to me. I think I'm going to take a knee on this one. If someone is going to ask for help getting a song; I'm going to try to help them get it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Oh my God the sacred copyright law was violated, it is the end of Western Civilization as we know it. If just the manus has been as committed to not violating the the copyright laws as you seem to be Mtn. I hate to break it to you but it is not the end of the world. Things happen everyday and laws are broken but you don't lock up everyone and throw away the key. Even law enforcement realizes that you can't lock up everyone, who is going to be the jailers? I'm sure you don't have any questionable materials in your vast library right? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Irrelevant drivel. Is that all you got?

I said nothing about sacred, nothing about being committed to not violating any laws, nothing about the end of the world, nothing about punishment/locking everyone up, and nothing about the material in anyone's library.

Behold the rambling musings of a dotard... :withstupid:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

Irrelevant drivel. Is that all you got?

I said nothing about sacred, nothing about being committed to not violating any laws, nothing about the end of the world, nothing about punishment/locking everyone up, and nothing about the material in anyone's library.

Behold the rambling musings of a dotard... :withstupid:

8) You are the one making a big deal about violating the copyright laws, if they are so sacred why do the manus themselves violate the rules? It is because everyone pays lip service to respecting copyright, but when push comes to shove all bend the rules to suit their own purposes. I thought we were supposed to refrain from name calling on this forum, has that rule changed? Or is it one you just ignore when you don't have anything?

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.