KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New SC Discs Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New SC Discs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:55 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Lots of interesting reading over a number of years on these forums, I am only a new comer but enjoy the back and forths. At the end of the day, SC/Pep have had "New Content" coming for ages.. When is this content due to be released?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: New SC Discs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
New releases from SC... who cares. They've earned their mark in the karaoke industry by providing us with 6000+ excellent quality songs at a price tag of just nder $1.00 per song.
There are many others offering latest hits so why bother.

MRH is a good recommendation for new tracks.

Cheers!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Sorry I was reading another thread from about 2 years ago which had a detailed discussion with Jim Harrington and a couple of other people about the content and what might be on them, didn't want to revive the old thread so was just curious as to what the actual position of SC was.. From what I have read a fair few people signed up for the new content so was just wondering if they had an official position or if it was off all together.

I have a couple of hundred SC disc, but tend to head towards Sunfly and Zoom nowadays myself. Karaoke Version is my preferred download destination.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:00 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
They still in business under pep.rocks or soundchoice.com. The best deal they got right now is the SoundChoice Gem set.

If you want to use those 200+ SC disks, youcan get certified on their site and convert them to hard drive 1:1

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
there is no release date, but i would not hold my breath.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
GenerationX wrote:
Lots of interesting reading over a number of years on these forums, I am only a new comer but enjoy the back and forths. At the end of the day, SC/Pep have had "New Content" coming for ages.. When is this content due to be released?

Uhh, probably never. I waited almost a full year before I asked for my refund.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:39 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
Been promised for as long as they've been away....

Still waiting...

But please enjoy this lawsuit while you wait :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:38 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Let's See....

Justia still listing last lawsuit filed by PEP as July 7th.

"News & Releases" on the PEP.rocks site Last post August 2015. Only change I can tell was removal of the labor day notice.

SoundChoice.com is "Retooling". I don't know how long that's been up.

PEPs FB Page last entry is March 29th about the SING software, same with the FB Page for Sound Choice Entertainment.

And last time Mr. Harrington has made a post was as far as I can tell, August 10th.

Thinking PEP is in hibernation mode at this point...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Some of my best friends are lawyers..

Wait for it..

wait for it..

I met them all in prison..

And, Big Jim says he's been busy..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:27 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Let's See....

And last time Mr. Harrington has made a post was as far as I can tell, August 10th.

Nope... September 11, 2017.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I believe that the law of diminishing returns has finally kicked in and even James knows that he has milked the cow completely dry. There is no longer any point in trying to scare people into making settlements and buying the Gem series. The Gem series are being shared on the internet for over a year and most people interested in getting into the karaoke business would rather download for free than buy anything from Sound Choice. James has been claiming for years that 95% of all KJs were pirates. That number is probably even higher for the home user. That is why most of the people that used to post on this forum no lo0nger do so. No one wants to come to a place to talk about karaoke only to be bashed on a daily basis by the holier than thou KJs of the world. The only posters left are the die hard cheerleaders and they get to preach to their own little choirs. Even if you suggest that you run your rotation differently; you get jumped on immediately. If the KJ sings; he gets jumped on. If he doesn't think you should sing; he gets jumped on. What's the point? Everyone thinks that their way is the only correct way to run a show and they attack anyone with a different opinion; even if it's on how to run a rotation. This place has become a war zone and most of the people who used to post here on a daily basis have deserted the combat zone. They sit at home with their hundreds of thousands of free karaoke songs and keep it to themselves so they don't get called derogatory names for doing so. Can a KJ run a great show with only 5,000 karaoke tracks? Sure he can, butr that same KJ can run an even better show with 400,000 songs because he'll never have to tell a customer that he doesn't have that obscure song that the kJ down the street has in his library. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
The Gem series are being shared on the internet for over a year and most people interested in getting into the karaoke business would rather download for free than buy anything from Sound Choice.

And do you think that's right? Do you think it's OK to steal from them, robbing them of any compensation for their hard work of producing some of the best karaoke tracks available?
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
James has been claiming for years that 95% of all KJs were pirates.

Totally agree with that. And it's really sad.
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Everyone thinks that their way is the only correct way to run a show and they attack anyone with a different opinion; even if it's on how to run a rotation.

This forum, like any other, is subject to heated debates. Always has been. That's just the way it is.
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Can a KJ run a great show with only 5,000 karaoke tracks?

I can run a successful show with only 500 songs.
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Sure he can, but that same KJ can run an even better show with 400,000 songs because he'll never have to tell a customer that he doesn't have that obscure song that the kJ down the street has in his library. Just sayin'.

What are you "Just Sayin"? That you have a hard drive with 400,000 songs?

--------------------
*On A Side Note*
It would be nice if you would start a new paragraph after every three sentences. It would make reading your posts that much easier. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I think the point is Alan what difference does all of this make? You can argue the right or wrong of anything all day long, but what it comes down to the individual host running his karaoke service business, or the larger multi rigger running his business. In any industry you are going to have those who play by the rules and those who cut corners. There are also those who try to make money off of others working. That is what the protection racket is all about. Those that can handle working in the industry stay those that can't get out or retire, it is as simple as that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DO YOU SEE HOW PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO JUMP TO NEGATIVE ASSUMPTIONS?????? I DO NOT HAVE 400,000 SONGS ON MY KARAOKE HARD DRIVE... but I do have thousands of songs that I have made myself, using Karaoke Builder Studio, and they get used quite often at my shows. None of my singers cares if I made the track or Sound Choice made the track. All they care about is that if they want a song and IF a backing track is available; I will have their song by the next show. I don't have to rely on Sound Choice to provide me with music. There are numerous people who create acoustic tracks on youtube that can easily be turned into great karaoke tracks. 3AM by Matchbox Twenty is one of my favorite piano only tracks that I love to sing along with. I've never seen anyone's library listing that version of the song.

Last edited by Karaoke Croaker on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) What any host has in their library is really up to them, and not anyone's business unless they try to make a problem for the host. I was in the industry for 20 years and in all that time no host tried to tell me how to run my business, and for that matter I never saw SC aka PEP either. I worked six days a week and retired at the top of my game. I must have done it right, I made mine and got out. What I don't understand is why any host is telling another host the proper way to run a show? If the host is doing it wrong and he has a crowd, is he really doing it wrong? If a host is doing it right and has only crickets is he really successful?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
DO YOU SEE HOPW PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO JUMP TO NEGATIVE ASSUMPTIONS?????? I DO NOT HAVE 400,000 SONGS ON MY KARAOKE HARD DRIVE...

You always make me laugh. :D And by the way, the word "HOW" does not have a "P" in it. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
If the host is doing it wrong and he has a crowd, is he really doing it wrong? If a host is doing it right and has only crickets is he really successful?

You know, that makes perfect sense and I agree with that. But I don't agree with a host using pirated music to run their shows.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
You know, that makes perfect sense and I agree with that. But I don't agree with a host using pirated music to run their shows.

8) It's ok not to be ok with a host using pirated material. In the real world Alan that we all live in, how likely is it that an individual host is going to make an impact, on how the karaoke service industry conducts it's business? Even PEP with years of trying has not made a real impact on piracy in the industry. The truth is whether you like it or not 95% of the shows out here are technically illegal, and if you include questionable material in every host's libraries paid for or not it is probably closer to 100%. Sure you could stay awake at night thinking about all of this, and fretting over it. Is that really going to change anything? Despite PEP's best efforts only less than 2% of the problem was ever sort of fixed. There are now more illegal hosts than before. As a former host I can say if I waited for someone else to solve problems, I would never have succeeded.

P.S. By the way I'm not the world's greatest typist and sometimes I hit the wrong keys, of course I try to clean up my spelling and tenses, as long as I get the idea I allow for others human failings.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Despite PEP's best efforts only less than 2% of the problem was ever sort of fixed. There are now more illegal hosts than before. As a former host I can say if I waited for someone else to solve problems, I would never have succeeded.

Yes, I do agree. Piracy is never going to go away. Todays computer technology has made it very easy to copy karaoke discs or rip individual karaoke song files. The problem is, these files end up on file sharing websites or on hard drives offered for sale on eBay.

People think that just because something is posted on line, it's free for the taking. Whether it be software, music, pictures, etc. The internet has enabled people to "steal" and has certainly contributed to piracy. Sad, but it's a fact of life.

Because of this, it's put many people out of business. Some companies like Adobe were losing thousands of dollars from everyone getting Photoshop on line for free. But they did something about it and now offer it on a subscription basis only. They wised up. Maybe that's what needs to be done.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The letters "O" & "P" are right next to each other on the key board and I type using only 2 very fat fingers. I'll stand by my spelling most of the time but I don't type very well. I have fixed the "HOPW" in my previous post. There were no computers back in the day when I was in school, hence no typing classes for boys, so I'll just have to suffer through doing it the way I do it. I guess the rest of you will also have to suffer through it as well.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next