KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Why Leave It So Late? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why Leave It So Late?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Location: Macclesfield, ENGLAND Why won't the USA let honest people in?
Been Liked: 13 times
Every Saturday Night, despite being told time and time again that I CANNOT GO PAST 12 MIDNIGHT there will always be one or two pestering for just one more song. Come in early you can sing you head off for the first 1/2 hour. :D :roll:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Amen, amen, amen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
well, you know, you're just the "karaoke guy" so you do whatever they want right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) It seems like a simple solution, you are being told by the venue that you can't go past midnight. They are the people paying you and as a service provider you have to honor the wishes of the person who hired and is paying you. Just like when I'm doing a private party if I'm told it has to go off at 10 P.M. it's off. I don't want the individuals who hired my service having to deal with angry neighbors and of course the police showing up. A good way to silence them is to tell them that the cops have been patrolling and it might be a good idea to get home before it's too late, and they are trolling for D.U.I's.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I state that if I were to go over, it could mean that I might not be here next week, not because of the bar owner itself but because the state might choose to close the place down for violating state liquor laws. They can't even have any unfinished drinks after the state ordered closing times. I might be able to get one more song in but I am going to give that spot to someone who has not sung yet. Pretty much shuts them up because they know that they aren't going to get another song in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
I tell them it is all about time.

I have to abide by the "house" rules.

I have a discussion with every staff member that will be working at the time when the show ends. We are in agreement that unless I, myself ask them if we can add another song, the answer is always: "No, we're out of time."
I almost never ask and they have the option to tell me no as well.

This works because I can tell them that I don't have the authority to extend the showtime and I can suggest to the singer that they ask the staff, knowing the answer they'll get.

The funny thing is though... if you have people asking for just one more at the end of the show... you're doing it right. :D

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
This used to happen to me at least two out of every three shows....It has even happened when we're well into striking and loading out the equipment.
Nowadays however, my "regulars" know that when I say "Good Night", it's time to leave.

In addition to the "Ah c'mon, just one more!" group, there are those who walk in fifteen minutes before closing time... they've already been drinking elsewhere all evening... and they figure it's their absolute right to sing 'right now'? Hmmm... let me think about that for a micro-second. "No."

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]