KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Why can't they make it easier. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I am in the process of trying to import my library into Hoster and it's a pain. I never had this much trouble with any of the other programs that I have used, just choose the root folder, turn on the add subfolders, choose the naming convention and click on go. I can't get the subfolders to import with subfolders checked. I am having to import one folder at a time. Some of my folders have subfolders of their own, my SC has the most because I separated each disc into their own folder.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I am in the process of trying to import my library into Hoster and it's a pain. I never had this much trouble with any of the other programs that I have used, just choose the root folder, turn on the add subfolders, choose the naming convention and click on go. I can't get the subfolders to import with subfolders checked. I am having to import one folder at a time. Some of my folders have subfolders of their own, my SC has the most because I separated each disc into their own folder.

Speaking of easier . . .

As a general guideline for anyone requesting assistance in ANY online forum . . .

Always include the version number and as much info on your computer as you can when you ask for help - Many problems (especially in Karaoke Programs) are version specific and/or OS/Karaoke Program specific.

We all want to help each other out but it makes it a lot easier to help when we don't have to guess what Program version, Operating System, Video card etc we are dealing with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:46 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Dell Latitude D520
Windows 10 professional
I just bought Hoster this month so it should be the latest release.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Figured out how it works. It's a bummer that you can't really leave it to do it by itself. But if that's the only drawback, I can live with it. I used to have Hoster Lite and I don't remember having to stay watching it do its thing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Good to see you at least got it working.

One of the best features of Karma is that it has an easily manipulated Access database that allows the end user to work around the design flaws Bob has put into it.

No matter what the program, I insist on being able to work with MY data My way. If the database is locked or proprietary I find a way around it or I won't purchase or run it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

While Karma has some good features, the lack of an integrated kiosk or phone app capabilityplus the fact that I won't give a dime to the arrogant jerk that wrote the software for past treatment, it doesn't work for me. While I am going to miss the pop up reminder when someone doesn'the have a song in, Hoster more than meets my needs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I rename a dummy song (usually something I would never use) to ***I NEED A SONG FROM YOU*** and put it in their spot, if they don't give me one by the time their spot is up, I proceed to the next singer.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
While I am going to miss the pop up reminder when someone doesn'the have a song in,

yi thought you had Siglos, that has this feature

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Lonman wrote:
I rename a dummy song (usually something I would never use) to ***I NEED A SONG FROM YOU*** and put it in their spot, if they don't give me one by the time their spot is up, I proceed to the next singer.

Does the dummy title get displayed on a screen crawl of something similar? That's pretty cool to do it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Does the dummy title get displayed on a screen crawl of something similar? That's pretty cool to do it that way.

Yes, It does. It lets the singers know in advance of being called to the stage. I've been using this technique for about 8 years. I also used to use "customer CD" for a singer that brought in their own music, but I don't play cd's anymore.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Yes, It does. It lets the singers know in advance of being called to the stage. I've been using this technique for about 8 years. I also used to use "customer CD" for a singer that brought in their own music, but I don't play cd's anymore.

Although I have only had this happen once in all the 20+ years that I have been hosting karaoke, only allow original discs only.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
mrmarog wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I have the Singer names... I've been doing that forever, But Singer and Song title is nice

If they use the SongbookDB, I send them a buzz... but honestly i dunno if they pay that much attention to that feature.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Toastedmuffin wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I have the Singer names... I've been doing that forever, But Singer and Song title is nice

If they use the SongbookDB, I send them a buzz... but honestly i dunno if they pay that much attention to that feature.

Minedo pay attention to the Marquee so I think that those who have smartphones will probably pay attention to the buzz feature.