KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - is there a karaoke audience you have yet to work with Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
i'd like to have a room full of racially diverse folks as a karaoke crowd that was all my exact age. not a year older or a year younger. like to have that for 3 hrs and see if i can rock my own age but a diaspora of folks who are all my exact age.

haven't worked karaoke in my own hometown nor the neighborhood where i live. i'd like to try that.

i'd like to work karaoke one night in manhattan. on a wednesday night and a saturday night. summertime. packed house. gimme 3 hours. lemme see if i can rock that.

i feel like i've tried all the other crowds that i can think of once.

one more: if my karaoke audience was a room full of strippers. i'd like to try hosting that. like to see what kind of songs I'd come up with to play as fillers in-between performances.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Product 19 wrote:
one more: if my karaoke audience was a room full of strippers. i'd like to try hosting that. like to see what kind of songs I'd come up with to play as fillers in-between performances.

Short D*** Man comes to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Kids. I've never done kid's karaoke besides the occasional errant kid whose bad parent brought them into the bar. It would take quite the payday to talk me into a kids-only show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Product 19 wrote:
if my karaoke audience was a room full of strippers. i'd like to try hosting that. like to see what kind of songs I'd come up with to play as fillers in-between performances.

Haven't you ever heard of "strip" karaoke? Try it. Your singers must strip down to their underwear while singing a song. Go on, be different. Have fun! Don't follow the crowd. Do something wild that no one else is doing! And for a little more excitement, when you have singers doing a duet, they get to undress each other while singing.

So here's what you do:

Announce to everyone that next week you're going to have "strip karaoke night". They will be prepared and bursting with excitement. Hang up flyers, put it on FB and promote the event. It will be awesome. And you will surely make a name for yourself. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
TopherM wrote:
Kids. I've never done kid's karaoke besides the occasional errant kid whose bad parent brought them into the bar. It would take quite the payday to talk me into a kids-only show.

I'm not sure I could make it through the show..... even if the money was considerably better!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Kid shows were actually a kick, did a few of them - 2 were regularly scheduled each week before my regular show. I didn't charge any more for them (I mean over regular rates), but only the extra hours since we did the 2 hours of kids before the regular start at 9 - where the kids did have to leave at that point. One rule was all kids must be accompanied by an adult, no dropping off. Never had issues. I did have 2 rules for regular show that does/did go out the window - rotation strictness (kids like to sing with other kids and often go up in groups) and my rule of no repeat on songs (kids tend to know songs when they hear them and want to try them as well). So when this happened I tried my best to spread it out so they weren't grouped back to back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:16 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
i'd also like to work a karaoke night where there were celebs from the entertainment world in the crowd who also came up and sang.

and sure, i'll toss it in: wouldn't mind a karaoke crowd that did all upbeat songs. folks around here sing a lot of slow songs but they can sing well so i don't even think about it.

oh and a karaoke audience that was just my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) all in one room. i think i'd like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
I did do a few nursing homes for a couple months back in the day. Almost every two hour show, they wanted to hear me sing much more than they wanted to sing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
TopherM wrote:

We do a MOSTLY kids show, on Sundays. One of our venues has a non-smoking restaurant side. It is perfect for families. It's a nice easy show. Most of the kids are great singers, too. It's a fun time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
I'd rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than do kid's karaoke.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:40 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
rickgood wrote:
I'd rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than do kid's karaoke.

Right the PH_K on !

3 years ago I did a gig for a championship 9 year old football team's party. Of course the rest of the kids in all of the families were there, too. It was held at a large venue for name bands around town and some national bands on a B venue tour. They serve alcohol and food there so kids were ok at the hours the party was held.

Even though the sound was tremendous the Parents drank while kids ran wild. I was constantly worried about equipment. Mine and the Band's that was booked for that night. I was never completely successful at keeping them off the stage except for the ones singing. They were totally running amuck. One solitary mom saw my plight and we were unsuccessful together. Being deluged by three or four kids requesting a song at the same time, talking over each other for 3 hours, the $300 fee was way too cheap ! I was viewed as nothing more than a baby sitter. I learned a lesson. NEVER AGAIN, Mr Pudge !!!

Children should neither be seen or heard from - ever again ---W C Fields
Children really brighten up a household - they never turn the lights off ---Ralph Bus

Experts say you should never hit your children in anger. When is a good time?
When you're feeling festive? ---Roseanne Barr

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
We have been doing this show for a couple of months, now, and we have no problems. What is nice, is that just outside, there is a basketball hoop game, and an old, beat up pool table. The kids can make use of them, which helps.