KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Anyone actually in the UK can can reach.. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:39 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
the customburn.com site? I used to be able to access it with my VPN service but now all I get is that the site is down for construction.

Course it's been that way for over three months now, so it's either shut down, or they found a way to block VPNs.. would be nice to know which one it is.

-James

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:19 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Am in the UK and it comes up with down for maintenance for me too

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
customburn.com or proburn.com? customburn is geoblocked here, proburn says under maintenance.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Gnome Karaoke wrote:
Am in the UK and it comes up with down for maintenance for me too

thanks for the reply. I guess that's that Will be buying from select-a-track from now on I guess.

Pity it was nice having the option of buying custom discs with karaoke Channel songs

ah well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:37 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 38 times
I noticed a few months ago it was down for maintenance. It came back to life briefly but with only Zoom and Sunfly tracks available, but is back to down for maintenance and has been ever since. The Karaoke Channel tracks were a major draw for me. I recall some time age Select-a-track had about 500 KC/Stingray tracks... let's hope they make a comeback.

Proburn seems to have died a death completely. Both proburn.com and proburn-karaoke.co.uk have been out of action for what seems like an eternity. I was very lucky to get that last disc from them as pretty soon after they removed all the tracks except Easy Karaoke and Music Maestro. Then they fell by the wayside. Easy Karaoke appears to still be open for business with the rebadged MM range (and crucially the vast Elvis selection). Aside from that and the other label-specific sites all I can think of are Select a track and Sing to the world (the latter also carries SF and ZM as well as SW).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
unfortunately SAT is blocked in the U.S. and STTW is streaming (unless there is a second site for a-la-carte downloads which i would be interested in).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

STTW quit selling custom discs to the US as well - just within the last couple month, that was one of my goto's for discs of tracks not available anywhere else for years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Although I am not involved in the KSF Europe operation, I can say that it is increasingly unlikely that Customburn will re-launch anytime soon. When you consider the fact that the major manufacturers in the UK all sell directly via their own sites, it just isn't as profitable as it was. This is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 38 times
KSFGROUP wrote:
Although I am not involved in the KSF Europe operation, I can say that it is increasingly unlikely that Customburn will re-launch anytime soon. When you consider the fact that the major manufacturers in the UK all sell directly via their own sites, it just isn't as profitable as it was. This is just my opinion.
That's a real shame. At one stage customburn were the best site around for that, even more so than Select-a-track, and even briefly held a larger catalogue than them. In my opinion they started to go downhill when they were no longer run by Rob from Sing To The World. I really miss the Karaoke Channel and Easy Karaoke (including the old Music Maestro) tracks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:31 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
[quote="Gnome Karaoke"]Am in the UK and it comes up with down for maintenance for me too[/quote]

Sucks that the site has gone doesn't it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:18 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
The only issue I've seen is that some of these pro-burn and select-a-track vendors are NOT putting the invoice on the CD like they used to. It was a simple ID# to show the transaction ID and also some just have "Sound Lease" as the title and then your name and CD# or custom named CD# under it. I know many are selling and have been selling CB and even SoundChoice for years this way. I would NEVER buy SC on one of these discs and if one was sent as a gift, I would mark off those tracks with a sharpie as some of these companies are not being honest with that they are selling.

I do not mind as long as I know they are legit. SC is one company I refuse to buy a custom-burn disc from out of respect for SC. These companies are doing a simple white printed on disc that smears when wet and one thing I did notice with Sound-Lease and a few other pro-burn companies is that they stick the company logo or logo's on the disc if you are buying a disc with more than one manufacturer on it. Sing to the world did some odd discs and you can still get them via e-bay, but just make sure that you are getting songs that can be played at that venue. Sesac/ ASCAP/ BMI etc. are all important factors. If the venue does not pay their fees for a blanket license, then it falls upon you to pay to play. As a musician, I've always made sure that before I go and play and event that the live venue has a "live performance license" and not just a jukebox license. There is a difference in the 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:42 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
JustinE wrote:
The only issue I've seen is that some of these pro-burn and select-a-track vendors are NOT putting the invoice on the CD like they used to. It was a simple ID# to show the transaction ID and also some just have "Sound Lease" as the title and then your name and CD# or custom named CD# under it. I know many are selling and have been selling CB and even SoundChoice for years this way. I would NEVER buy SC on one of these discs and if one was sent as a gift, I would mark off those tracks with a sharpie as some of these companies are not being honest with that they are selling.

I do not mind as long as I know they are legit. SC is one company I refuse to buy a custom-burn disc from out of respect for SC. These companies are doing a simple white printed on disc that smears when wet and one thing I did notice with Sound-Lease and a few other pro-burn companies is that they stick the company logo or logo's on the disc if you are buying a disc with more than one manufacturer on it. Sing to the world did some odd discs and you can still get them via e-bay, but just make sure that you are getting songs that can be played at that venue. Sesac/ ASCAP/ BMI etc. are all important factors. If the venue does not pay their fees for a blanket license, then it falls upon you to pay to play. As a musician, I've always made sure that before I go and play and event that the live venue has a "live performance license" and not just a jukebox license. There is a difference in the 2.

I haven't seen anyone offering to sell Sound Choice as a download or custom disc since Clark Music in Australia and that was many years ago. The custom sites in the UK provide proper receipts and a job number on the discs which correspond to the receipt. Customburn was selling Karaoke Channel tracks under a license with Stingray and only in the PRS territory. Your other comments don't really seem to have anything to do with the OP. I disagree that it is up to a KJ to see that a venue has ASCAP/BMI/SESAC licenses. It is the responsibility of the venue not the performers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Also the SC customs from Clark were considered "original media" per Sound Choice so were treated like original discs.