KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Channel / Stingray on custom CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
When I look at the two 4 foot shelves of karaoke disks, I feel fairly safe knowing I own them.
When I see EVERY (except 2) kj's around me with a laptop and soundchoice and KNOW (I ask) that they do not
own a single disk..........I feel like a blasted fool, and idiot, a patsy.
But...I'll keep it all legit anyway even though it's a losing battle.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I noticed that Stingray has some newer music available for download that SC did not create. Does SR produce music?

Screamer, owning your music is not being a "blasted fool, and idiot, a patsy".... it is having values and morals. Keep up doing the right thing, and fear not the overly inquisitive new singer.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:27 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Stingray makes some pretty impressive karaoke video's and their player app is also pretty cool. Too bad they won't grant us the license to kj with any of their karaoke music / music videos. I've called quite a few times but keep getting same answers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:56 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Stingray makes some pretty impressive karaoke video's and their player app is also pretty cool. Too bad they won't grant us the license to kj with any of their karaoke music / music videos. I've called quite a few times but keep getting same answers.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
Has Stingray sued anyone for using their tracks in a commercial environment? I've seen their stuff being used at karaoke shows before. Use them until you get a legal letter from their lawyers telling you not to. It will probably never happen and if it does; comply with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
As far as i understand, Jim is reporting to them when investigators see it happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Has Stingray sued anyone for using their tracks in a commercial environment? I've seen their stuff being used at karaoke shows before. Use them until you get a legal letter from their lawyers telling you not to. It will probably never happen and if it does; comply with it.

"It's ok, just break the contract you agreed to until they catch you and tell you not to. That's the best way to do business. Integrity is for schmucks."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
JimHarrington wrote:

"It's ok, just break the contract you agreed to until they catch you and tell you not to. That's the best way to do business. Integrity is for schmucks."

8) Isn't that the way society is going as a whole Jim? Not even the Social contracts made between the citizens and the government seem to matter nowadays. How many workers had contracts between themselves and large corporations that were not honored? Such as health care and pensions. Even Medicare and Social Security are in the sights of Conservative political hacks. This lack of Integrity is effecting aspect of daily life and even written contracts are not being honored. So who are the real schmucks? The guys who play by the rules and still get screwed. You know your former customers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
As far as i understand, Jim is reporting to them when investigators see it happening.

That is our policy; however, I will add that it is exceptionally rare to see such a track in our investigations.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

How many times has Sound Choice only settled after they've been caught red handed? It's always easier to pay for forgiveness than permission. Right Jimmy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:11 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
How many times has Sound Choice only settled after they've been caught red handed? It's always easier to pay for forgiveness than permission. Right Jimmy?

Zero.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:50 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

That is our policy; however, I will add that it is exceptionally rare to see such a track in our investigations.

One wonders what YOU get out of being a rat. Do they reward you?? Do you get a piece of the lawsuit?? I mean, what is your motivation for ratting peoplke out for using Stingray songs??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
One wonders what YOU get out of being a rat. Do they reward you?? Do you get a piece of the lawsuit?? I mean, what is your motivation for ratting peoplke out for using Stingray songs??

I don't get anything out of it. It's just the right thing to do.

If your significant other were cheating on you, and a friend knew about it, wouldn't you want them to tell you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
JimHarrington wrote:

If your significant other were cheating on you, and a friend knew about it, wouldn't you want them to tell you?

8) That is assuming you still have some friends, and there wasn't a reason for the cheating? :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:

Zero.

SC8125?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:

Zero.

Wow... Now who's the liar?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Sorry Jim, but if SC wanted to do the right thing then they'd work with the people who are trying to do the right thing by staying legal.

This metaphor would be closer if the significant other was not allow to have sex with you due to legal reasons, and the person who is breaking the news that you've been cheated on has been waving naked strippers in front of him or her in order to catch them in the act.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Very poor comparison, Jim...

Not for nothing, but..... I was in that situation where I told my Best Friend that her man was cheating on her when she was pregnant with his child. We didn't speak for years after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's a situation where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If she found out at some point that her man was cheating and you knew it and didn't tell her; she'd be mad at you for not telling her. You can't win for losing sometimes. Jim sees everything through SlepTone colored glasses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
SC8125?

Sorry if it bothers you, but the conventional wisdom on that one is wrong. We had permission to make that disc. That particular license agreement had a provision in it where the publisher could withdraw permission and we would be able to sell off existing stock but not make any new discs. They exercised that option, and we complied. 8125 isn't even rare (it actually sold more copies than a lot of discs that were on the market for longer).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next