KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - All Quiet on the Sound Choice front :/ Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
So I went to look and see if SCE or PEP has provided any new information on their websites... and they look the same since I had posted they updated the SCE site in mid March.

The PEP.rocks site still has that their office will be closed on Good Friday last month.

I'm not even talking about new song productions... No SCE or PRIME events listed, no information that was hinted at prior to the trade show, nothing. Considering how much those things cost, I figured there would be some momentum afterwards.

Now I realize that there is no reason for Harrington or anyone at SC to make any announcements on here, but I would figure that the website would at least be updated, if only to clean up things like the Good Friday post.

Even the lawsuit machine seems to be sleepy at the moment, with the last filing was April 13th.

I wonder whats going on over there... if anything.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
a very small handful of people care about what Sound Choice or PEP is doing these days. The rest of the karaoke world has moved on and is only concerned about where they can buy the songs that they want to provide for their singers. Somehow, most KJs have managed to keep up with new music without Sound Choice putting out a new song in seven years. Judges are finally putting these internet trolls in their place and they are beginning to realize that their days are numbered. Sound Choice tracks are out there for all to share with the logos already removed and the trade dress changed. All you have to do is look and you will find them. Trying to spread fear on this Board is a waste of time these days because none of the pirates come here for information. They have all gone on to places where they can sing on line and share their love of karaoke with the entire internet and not just the handful of singers that used to sing here on the singer's showcase. This place is becoming a ghost town; just like the Singer's Showcase. If you don't spout the party line, your comments get deleted. It's not much different than what is going on in the world of politics. The liberals try to silence every conservative speaker. They just can't handle a differing opinion of any kind. Even the cheerleaders have disappeared for the most part. Even they're tired of wasting their time here.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The problem I have about PRIME and SCE is that before I invest in those services, I would like to see it track record.

There is none. Their web presence is almost non existent:

Facebook has several "Sound Choice" listings, none of which I can find as SCE. PEP's Facebook was last updated around the time of the trade show, and it's last gig was posted June 20th, 2016.

Google search for "Sound Choice Entertainment" brings up a map with 3 places no where near NC or TX. In Fact 'Sound Choice Entertainment' as run by PEP doesn't make the front page.

They also don't have any paid advertising that I can find. Type in Guitar Center or Amazon once in your browser and you'll be up to your neck in cookie generated ads. I type in Sound Choice a lot. No mention of the CURRENT services they offer, never mind the newer stuff.

And of course their own web pages, which made me to post in the first place.

If SC/SCE wants to take a share of my revenue, I need to see action. I need to see a show calendar, a demo of the software, the testimonials of people who say they are making money with this service. I need to see who else is part of the program. I need as a business to feel like I'm on the ground floor of something.

What I don't want to see... is like the company dropped of the face of the Earth after the trade show.

They JUST came back from a trade show with talk of Sing.SC software and of course their GEM, PRIME and SCE services. Trade shows are a major expense to produce, and you don't want to lose any leads or steam coming out of them: It's wasted money.

I'm not even getting into karaoke tracks, which was their core business until 7 years ago. Maybe after they turn a profit with their other ventures, they may return to making them, or they might not. It wouldn't really matter if the shift to services became profitable.

So what happened and where did they go?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Quote:
The problem I have about PRIME and SCE is that before I invest in those services, I would like to see it track record.

All signs lead to "don't invest in them." :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:32 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

TopherM wrote:
All signs lead to "don't invest in them." :roll:

For now, from what I am currently seeing, that's the correct answer. However that answer could change depending on what happens in the near future.

Using PRIME as a guide: I have not heard anyone talking about being enrolled in it, making money with it, etc. I am totally disregarding the promised tracks at this point, and just focused on hearing about bookings of any sort. The PRIME program has been around for about (almost?) a year. Considering that If a KJ got one monthly gig out of the deal, it would have paid back the cost to enroll, I am sure someone would have said... something about it.

I can forgive a slow start, but it does make me hesitant about spending time and money on their program(s) and then just waiting for something to eventually happen.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
So I went to look and see if SCE or PEP has provided any new information on their websites... and they look the same since I had posted they updated the SCE site in mid March.

The PEP.rocks site still has that their office will be closed on Good Friday last month.

Yeah, looks like that announcement was mis-coded. Should've been auto-removed by the following Monday, but it was flagged incorrectly. Sorry about that.

Toastedmuffin wrote:
I'm not even talking about new song productions... No SCE or PRIME events listed, no information that was hinted at prior to the trade show, nothing. Considering how much those things cost, I figured there would be some momentum afterwards.

Now I realize that there is no reason for Harrington or anyone at SC to make any announcements on here, but I would figure that the website would at least be updated, if only to clean up things like the Good Friday post.

Even the lawsuit machine seems to be sleepy at the moment, with the last filing was April 13th.

I wonder whats going on over there... if anything.

Our focus at NCB was on marketing to venues, which is more of a direct-approach kind of thing, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Our "lawsuit machine," as you put it, moves in cycles as we do investigations, file suits, etc. I just received a new batch of investigative reports yesterday, so I'll be filing new suits in the next couple of days.

Based on feedback, we are ending the PRIME program. Its main features--the equipment discounts, marketing services, listing services, talent support, and so forth--are being migrated to Sound Choice Entertainment.

We're currently building out three websites for SCE, which we'll announce when they launch (I'm told to expect them next week, but you know how IT goes):

1) The main SoundChoice.com site, which will have new content for our four distinct constituencies (talent, venues, patrons, and advertisers).

2) Our show management portal site, which includes an online song directory/request system with mobile-optimized requests and an available kiosk.

3) Our operator marketing platform, which will include our show directory and individual marketing sites for affiliated operators.

Through these three sites, we'll be offering a number of services, including:

Sound Choice FM - the free music program I've described previously, which we've already started implementing.
Optional Services Program - A package of services that includes integrated Google AdWords marketing, dedicated operator sites and content management, access to our shortcode SMS marketing program, and access to data from our Sound Choice Patron Data Quality (PDQ) Initiative.

Access to these programs can be gained in a variety of ways. Our Sound Choice FM operators pay a one-time setup fee of $200 to get the optional services, but are otherwise automatically included in the program. (We fund the AdWords marketing for these users out of the per-show fees they pay.) Other Sound Choice licensees will be able to pay a small fee that depends on the services they are using. Everyone in the program will be eligible for the equipment-at-our-cost feature.

Finally, SCE has acquired the rights to a new games platform, which we are calling Brain Choice, that will be rolled out as soon as our content review is complete. Brain Choice includes music bingo, several trivia games, and other pub games that will help our operators offer additional services (besides karaoke) to their customers. The system will come with a free 14-day trial, and a monthly fee after that.

If you're interested in talking with us about any of these programs, just pop an email to jim@soundchoice.com with an inquiry and I'll make sure someone gets back to you ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
Finally, SCE has acquired the rights to a new games platform, which we are calling Brain Choice, that will be rolled out as soon as our content review is complete. Brain Choice includes music bingo, several trivia games, and other pub games that will help our operators offer additional services (besides karaoke) to their customers. The system will come with a free 14-day trial, and a monthly fee after that.

Good to know about the updates.

In regards to Brain Choice... There is a music bingo type game called Singo (http://www.playsingo.com) From what I understand, they have a host of patents dealing with the game. You might want to look into them to make sure you aren't stepping into any issues.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Toastedmuffin wrote:
In regards to Brain Choice... There is a music bingo type game called Singo (http://www.playsingo.com) From what I understand, they have a host of patents dealing with the game. You might want to look into them to make sure you aren't stepping into any issues.

I am familiar with Singo, and we are confident that it does not pose a problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
So prime has failed along with getting the band back together.... Not really surprising.

But he's rolling along with the "lawsuit machine. '

Predictable.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
seems like the machine has a bad water pump or something. Many people think that the problem is with the driver's seat.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Many people think that the problem is with the driver's seat.

Driver's Seat - Sniff 'N Tears

Sound Choice did a version and it was not in the style of the Artist. The lyrics are so wrong throughout. Could that version have been released without proper approvals? I wonder.......

KV's version is accurate.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:17 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

dvdgdry wrote:

Sound Choice did a version and it was not in the style of the Artist. The lyrics are so wrong throughout. Could that version have been released without proper approvals?

No.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
dvdgdry wrote:

Sound Choice did a version and it was not in the style of the Artist. The lyrics are so wrong throughout. Could that version have been released without proper approvals?

No.
And he calls me a liar?
I would defy Harrington to prove that a single song was produced legally. Just one.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Mr. Harrington,

Have you heard of Rock and Roll Bingo? It's big in the UK. They will sell to you here in the U.S. There is no monthly subscription. You just buy the "packs" that you need, when you need them.

I would be interested in your music bingo but I wouldn't be doing it on a regular basis, so a subscription would not work for me. Is there any way you can offer it as a "just buy what you need, when you need it type of thing? I'm all for the game nights and trying to incorporate it into your show.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Mr. Harrington,

Have you heard of Rock and Roll Bingo? It's big in the UK. They will sell to you here in the U.S. There is no monthly subscription. You just buy the "packs" that you need, when you need them.

I would be interested in your music bingo but I wouldn't be doing it on a regular basis, so a subscription would not work for me. Is there any way you can offer it as a "just buy what you need, when you need it type of thing? I'm all for the game nights and trying to incorporate it into your show.

That's an interesting concept. Our product works on a subscription model, but it's software that uses music you already have. The Rock & Roll Bingo program looks like they supply the clips, which is not something we've looked into. On the other hand, our rate for the bingo-only program looks like it would be very competitive with their pricing even if you only used it once every couple of months.

We'll look at it and see if there's a way to provide it in that way.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Mr. Harrington,

That's an interesting concept. Our product works on a subscription model, but it's software that uses music you already have. The Rock & Roll Bingo program looks like they supply the clips, which is not something we've looked into. On the other hand, our rate for the bingo-only program looks like it would be very competitive with their pricing even if you only used it once every couple of months.

We'll look at it and see if there's a way to provide it in that way.

Thanks. Looking forward to these new developments.