KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - LightYearMusic.com Chartbuster deal? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:55 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Has anyone else received email offers from a "Chuck Polidori" representing LightYearMusic.com offering a 4,500 Chartbuster track collection plus an additional 10 Chartbuster cdgs for the price of $699.99

Seems to good to be legit....is it?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I bought a backup hard drive player from lightyear. They offer some really strange material couple 100,000 audio DJ library for around a grand. I passed on that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
RLC wrote:
Has anyone else received email offers from a "Chuck Polidori" representing LightYearMusic.com

I bought a cd/cdg/dvd player from them last year. RSQ km-1000, 2 audio2000’s mics included. Transaction was great. I think chuck polidori also owns cheapkaraoke.com & karaoke kandy store. Not sure if they're still active.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
RLC wrote:
Has anyone else received email offers from a "Chuck Polidori" representing LightYearMusic.com offering a 4,500 Chartbuster track collection plus an additional 10 Chartbuster cdgs for the price of $699.99

I'd like to take a look at it. Would you mind forwarding the email to jim@phxep.com?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:01 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
JimHarrington wrote:
RLC wrote:

I'd like to take a look at it. Would you mind forwarding the email to jim@phxep.com?

Forwarded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
RLC wrote:

Forwarded

Thanks. We're investigating.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
RLC wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:

Forwarded

Thanks. We're investigating.

Isn't it amazing that when KJ's report pirates for YEARS to Harrington, nothing happens... but one little purported email from what could be lawsuit fodder and within 12 hours he's "investigating?"

I wonder how many of those songs were the ones that CB sold to CAVS? And besides, Harrington has no idea whether or not Lightyear made a "fire sale deal" with CB just before they disappeared. Heaven knows there were LOTS of those going out the (back) door.

Not to mention that (just as a technicality) I don't see anywhere on these 12,000 song hard drives where it says "don't copy." Do you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) Should not surprise you Chip, Jim anything for a buck, would investigate anyone or anything if he though a settlement was in the wind.
Of course he would have to find out if the defendant had the means to pay, before any time and money was committed to the project.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
there is a difference between investigating whether or not they are selling CBHDD or just home made HDD drives and sending investigators to venues to determine piracy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Chuck is a reputable dealer and buys disc closeouts from various sources and has for years. If memory serves, he was once unsuccessfully sued by SC (Karaoke Kandy Store) so it doesn't surprise me that Jim would want to look at him again ; )

http://www.uscourts.gov/cameras-courts/ ... -store-inc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaokeinsider wrote:
Chuck is a reputable dealer and buys disc closeouts from various sources and has for years. If memory serves, he was once unsuccessfully sued by SC (Karaoke Kandy Store) so it doesn't surprise me that Jim would want to look at him again

After the Sixth Circuit determined that the district judge had made errors in his handling of the case and remanded it for further proceedings, Mr. Polidori disclosed for the first time that he had declared bankruptcy shortly before the appeal was argued. The result of that was that the case against him was dismissed by the district court. We elected not to pursue him in bankruptcy because it was clear he did not have enough assets to make further action worthwhile. If he is back at selling our brands, we are very much interested in examining his activities.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) That is the bottom line isn't Jim if it is not a easy settlement, and if the plaintiff has no assets it just not worth the trouble to go after them, after all the purpose of all these legal antics is to make money period.