KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - TriceraSoft out of business completely? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:12 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Brian A wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Sorry i didnt mean use the search term" new karaoke"
Maybe try search term "karaoke software 2017"

KNF: I did. I typed “karaoke software 2017”. The first entry was youtube site “best karaoke software 2017 for windows and mac. It listed Karafun as number one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uOINsDJ01g

The second was “top 15 best professional karaoke software in 2016”. http://bestfreekeys.com/best-karaoke-software/

Why am I not surprised that Karafun was also number one and top rated in 2016? I hope it’s not just a ploy. :lol: :lol:

Yeah that list doesn't look well researched. They're missing some of the more popular ones like Karma and Compuhost, and 14 and 15 look like a joke. Especially when the list is titled "Top 15 Best Professional Karaoke Software 2016 Reviews-Windows/Mac"

The internet is full of "top" lists and they usually don't match at all. Always be suspect of lists that don't include obvious competitors to the one listed at the top. Unless the source is a well known neutral party like Consumer Reports, I always assume there is some hidden bias.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:46 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Hahahaha! Karafun #1

That's because they have the best support, not only for the end user but also they listen to the beta testers and feature requests from the "best in the business" chuckles...

Looks like the Tricerasoft Mississauga location is no longer.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:17 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
Wow, take a look at tricerasoft.com today. This guy lays it all on the table. Anyone who thought they were going to make a comeback might want rethink that notion.

Quote:
We are out of business, but not because of the quality of our products and services - they will still be used and enjoyed for many years after we are gone, I guarantee. We have been forced out of business by a very corrupt organization, a corrupt system, and unlimited pockets of money and power. We could not fight legitimately against such a system especially since there was no legal system in place to protect us in the first place - agreements mean nothing if there is no law to govern it and no eyes to read it. An absolute kangaroo court! The final blow was demonstrated recently when the judge blatantly called the hacking declaration bullshit and dismissed it - he had an 800 page declaration by the company that hacked our server (hired on by Sony) and an FBI statement showing it was over 2 years of hacking and reverse engineering of our products, services, and servers. I believe the FBI statement alone was enough but apparently the truth is never strong enough proof here, the truth was never enough in this case and you can't make someone read what they don't want to - I am simply not Trump enough for him. Yet we already knew that there was coercion and corruption within the first week (over 2 years ago) when this judge first ignored the Sony's lawyer declaration of "vaporize the existing and implied license", something was already a miss (two months they tried to erase the evidence, but you can't reverse something like this, so ignoring and burying is the best course of action) - this alone should have ended the suit if it was anywhere near normal, based only on perjury by the plaintiff and starting a frivolous lawsuit, but the judge insisted to continue the case, how convenient! -- with him in their favor they could do no wrong. The last 10 years of agreements, payments, and negotiations were ignored, shredded, and pissed on and what we worked for the last 20 years thrown into the wind with total disregard. When you have all your licenses in place (and in triplicate), you pay for over 10 years royalties and licensing fees, devote the last 10 years of your life to advocate legal distribution of products and services but then, comes along a force which can not be reckoned with, tells you right is wrong, now PAY UP OR DIE! You don't know if to first scream, jump off a roof, or which direction to run. And when it came to our lawyer knowing the facts and citing the real laws, that was too annoying for the judge so he conveniently arranged to have her removed - how dare she explain to him how copyright and contractual law works when she is merely a distinguished professor of copyright at the university!!&&@@ WTF!??& If forcing us out of business wasn't enough, their added motivation to extort insurance money to benefit the lawyers immediate pocket was more disgusting, but when they found nothing like this to offer their fangs satisfaction, the threats that followed were even more vicious. They purge no less than everyone around us of funds to satisfy their greed, or at least those who wished to partake in their extortion and left others to fend for themselves - when (@$%&#!) hits the fan you really get to see the evil that humans can release on one another - they illegally lined up all the prey in one room and played a little duck duck goose until they got someone to put up enough money or die trying to beg for it to stop (worse than a Nazi death line), then notched each one after another. But atleast they had merciful deaths, I was not afforded such options as a bullet to the head. It was not enough for them, they found it amusing and playful to continue my torture well after they got paid by the blood letters, and they continue to flip my world upside down, but what do you do at this point than just put up your hands in the air and face the facts when no one is listening or capable or making any difference, they have ruined me, my life, my reputation, and my career, and will continue to haunt me for many more years, just like they have done to many others before me, but is anyone actually listening?? - When an organization within the universe of publishers and companies such as Sony with unlimited wealth wants you out, they don't ask, they don't consider buying you out, they squeeze you out of your life and then some. And they go as far as to push their influence and buy out the entire system around to make it happen, even when the cost is enormously larger than just "here is some money, we want your market, go away!", it's completely hopeless. You have no idea how many have turned on us and lied (in declarations) to keep their big client Sony happy and make sure they all do anything to simply bury us just to appease them ("we will do what you want, just keep doing business with us. Don't worry, the bus won't miss running over his corpse when we are done, he is nothing to us..."), don't trust any of these agencies or organizations, none of them will back you up - they will all back their big food source first. And don't ever trust your agreements with any of these organizations or companies (its not worth the ink it was signed or printed in) as they have the power to influence (BUY) the judge and simply void them making them invisible as they never existed. The judge has conveniently arranged my case to end just before he retires, I guess the retirement payout was enough for his retirement fund (I wonder if he can buy a pretty yaght with it) - I hope the FBI can give him a retirement gift (unfortunately most likely not because who knows how high his influence goes). They all got away with some real nasty (@$%&#!), worse they all kept my money for the last 10 years and came out peachy doing so. All I have now is nothing left to show than over 20 years of my life dedicated (spent uselessly) to improving the industry for their benefit, they took it from me as if it were a gift. And they got the market they wanted which I built, gathered, and educated the audience for them. The publishers were the first to steal my brand, my format, my market, my company, and now my life - in that order. They have done this to countless others and will continue to do so again. There was never any efforts on their part to stop the actual pirates since they are the pirates themselves. The illegal providers whom have never paid a cent or made any agreements with these bastards, continue to operate unimpeded, but at this point I would say good for them - there was always a rumour in the industry that the moment you work with the publishers you open yourself to a world of hurt (seems counter intuitive that doing the right thing is the worse mistake), this has proven to be correct over and over. I naively thought that you should always do the right thing, and that meant to pay my share to the artists for their contributions through organizations that managed royalties. But these organizations are HUGE! (Trump emphasis and hand gesture included) crooks making their money on corruption and ensnaring weak souls to fund them, they are not interested in your morals and doing the "right thing", they steal from both directions (making money and gathering power from every direction, extortions/licensees, artists, writers, etc) and squeeze more when they feel it necessary. When I first inquired on how to start, I found it odd that the first question they asked me when I introduced myself was "did you sell anything yet?", if I am requesting a license to start a service then why and how would that be relevant (that is how my legal mind thinks, not seasoned crooks like them)?? But their question is obviously geared for crooks like them - when in Rome, do as the Romans, and they definately built this city so suffice to say like them. Fortunately there are few of us that don't accept this, but the unfortunate part is we have to pay these assholes ransom to leave us alone - I just submitted myself to this faster by throwing myself into the lion's den first whilst wearing blinders. I now find it obvious that most of the companies that come to them feel it best to only come after (you learn these things well after it is too late to figure out what you got snared into), this is the best practice in this world of infestation and crooks, to ask for forgiveness is cheaper then to ask for permission (apparently much less), and better-off doing so since they will come for your livelihood anyhow soon after you sign with them anyhow or they will simply wait it out, lure you in, and bite hard when it is most convenient. When you work with them for 10 years reporting logs and royalties, they know your exact numbers so it is a matter of time when they want to take more. If I knew this is how this market worked and that I was simply being set-up, I would never have picked up the phone and ever considered to resell music (Understand that all this time I was just a mere reseller, I wasn't even a distributor with anything to call my own). But here is the rub, who's actually listening out there? More over, who's listening and can actually make a difference and stand up to them?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I wish that they would sell or give the software code for Super Remote Request Tool to PowerKaraoke so that they could merge it into Siglos so I can get my kiosk feature in it like I had in Justkaraoke and CompuHost. That is all I miss about those programs. But it's not enough to bring me back to using them. I can live with having to manually enter the requests from Super Remote Request Tool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:12 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
We still have the best judges money can buy.. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
wiseguy53 wrote:
Wow, take a look at tricerasoft.com today. This guy lays it all on the table. Anyone who thought they were going to make a comeback might want rethink that notion.

While I think that some of his criticisms of Sony specifically—and the music publishing industry generally—are justifiable (which is not the same thing as saying that they are valid), this really wasn't a close question in terms of what Tricerasoft was doing. In all of that screed, what I don't see is any sign of acknowledgement that he was doing something wrong, that he was in some measure, however small, partly responsible for what happened. Instead, it's Sony's fault, it's the judge's fault, it's the fault of the producers whose products he was selling without a valid publishing license. I suppose that if you want to ignore his role in his own misfortune, it would be easy to sympathize with him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
JimHarrington wrote:
wiseguy53 wrote:

While I think that some of his criticisms of Sony specifically—and the music publishing industry generally—are justifiable (which is not the same thing as saying that they are valid), this really wasn't a close question in terms of what Tricerasoft was doing. In all of that screed, what I don't see is any sign of acknowledgement that he was doing something wrong, that he was in some measure, however small, partly responsible for what happened. Instead, it's Sony's fault, it's the judge's fault, it's the fault of the producers whose products he was selling without a valid publishing license. I suppose that if you want to ignore his role in his own misfortune, it would be easy to sympathize with him.

really Jim.....
i think we have heard "it's the publishers fault" "it's the judges fault" "it's the investigators fault" "it's the other attorney's fault" for nearly a decade.
Slep-Tone did nothing wrong, they had no role in in their own misfortune....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
wiseguy53 wrote:

really Jim.....
i think we have heard "it's the publishers fault" "it's the judges fault" "it's the investigators fault" "it's the other attorney's fault" for nearly a decade.

It's the pirate's fault

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
Having tangled with Sony in a much less direct manner........they will use you like a toothpick. They will take everything if possible and make your life a living hell. They have done it to many including their own customers with millions of dollars in debt using their equipment financed by them by giving away free time on the same equipment taking business intentionally away from their own paying customers. They are very dangerous if they come after you. In addition... he is right about one thing, right or wrong, big money ALWAYS wins.
I do hope he can find direction and strength to go in another direction as far from karaoke as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

I don't agree that we've characterized it as such.

I have on more than one occasion stated that we--meaning Slep-Tone, in this case--were responsible for things that went poorly. For example, I think that Kurt and Derek were in denial for a long time about the impact of the internet and of digital formats on their business, and they failed to recognize the possibilities that digital distribution could offer. They also waited longer than they should have to take legal action. It was a mistake to sell to Stingray. It was a mistake to hire APS. In litigation, we took a harder line on some discovery issues than we should have, and it cost us some credibility and dollars.

But you miss my point. There are two differences between us and Tricerasoft. First, we're still in business, and we're actually thriving. Second, while we have pointed out the actions of bad actors that had a negative impact on our ability to operate, we have not sought to absolve ourselves of responsibility entirely. By contrast, that is exactly what Tricerasoft is seeking to do.

When I am asked, "Why didn't you do X?" my inclination is to provide reasons. For example, when the question was asked, "Why don't you offer digital downloads?" my response has generally been threefold:

(1) We are concerned about piracy, and we don't want to offer downloads until we can get appropriate controls in place to avoid piracy as much as we can.
(2) Certain agreements we've made prohibit us from doing that.
(3) Even if we were so inclined, the music publishers generally prohibit it. (This, by the way, has changed, and our new licenses feature digital download licensing.)

These aren't "excuses." They are simply facts on which we based our decisions. If you ask me a question, I do my best to answer it truthfully. Sometimes things don't work out like we want. Sometimes we have plans to do something, but other priorities get in the way. That's just the nature of life.

On the other hand, you will never see me get on here, or on our website, and post a long diatribe about how everything is someone else's fault.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

I don't agree that we've characterized it as such.

I have on more than one occasion stated that we--meaning Slep-Tone, in this case--were responsible for things that went poorly. For example, I think that Kurt and Derek were in denial for a long time about the impact of the internet and of digital formats on their business, and they failed to recognize the possibilities that digital distribution could offer. They also waited longer than they should have to take legal action. It was a mistake to sell to Stingray. It was a mistake to hire APS. In litigation, we took a harder line on some discovery issues than we should have, and it cost us some credibility and dollars.

But you miss my point. There are two differences between us and Tricerasoft. First, we're still in business, and we're actually thriving. Second, while we have pointed out the actions of bad actors that had a negative impact on our ability to operate, we have not sought to absolve ourselves of responsibility entirely. By contrast, that is exactly what Tricerasoft is seeking to do.

When I am asked, "Why didn't you do X?" my inclination is to provide reasons. For example, when the question was asked, "Why don't you offer digital downloads?" my response has generally been threefold:

(1) We are concerned about piracy, and we don't want to offer downloads until we can get appropriate controls in place to avoid piracy as much as we can.
(2) Certain agreements we've made prohibit us from doing that.
(3) Even if we were so inclined, the music publishers generally prohibit it. (This, by the way, has changed, and our new licenses feature digital download licensing.)

These aren't "excuses." They are simply facts on which we based our decisions. If you ask me a question, I do my best to answer it truthfully. Sometimes things don't work out like we want. Sometimes we have plans to do something, but other priorities get in the way. That's just the nature of life.

On the other hand, you will never see me get on here, or on our website, and post a long diatribe about how everything is someone else's fault.

8) Come on Jim Paradigm hit the nail on the head with this post. You have been using every excuse under the sun as to why you lose in court. It is almost an embarrassment to your supporters to have to keep carrying water for you. Sometimes I think down deep inside they know this is all just baloney, but they don't want to be labeled pro-pirate for not supporting you. Another load is this you are still an active thriving business shtick of yours. If you were then you wouldn't need to be hanging around the courthouse, you would be back to actually making things. Not coming up with excuses why no new product is coming off the assembly line. The longer this goes on the more evident it is, that you and PEP are in your own little world.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Stop picking on Pep!
Sure, they can use some Expertise in the marketing department, but they are a very good company with their heads on tight. I fully support Pep products and services. Trycerasoft on the other hand remind me of those "get rich quick HYIP websites" where they get in, get out and find something to blame it's closing down.

Tricerasoft = Old news time to move along.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Stop picking on Pep!
Sure, they can use some Expertise in the marketing department, but they are a very good company with their heads on tight. I fully support Pep products and services. Trycerasoft on the other hand remind me of those "get rich quick HYIP websites" where they get in, get out and find something to blame it's closing down.

Tricerasoft = Old news time to move along.

Sound Choice New Music= Old news time to move along.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:03 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
I agree with Jim. Tricerasoft knew better. They could have settled and made it all go away just like others have done ie. Slep-Tone, Stingray, Sunfly etc. Instead he decided to rack up God knows how much in legal fees and now it's over. Some people are very intelligent, but lack common sense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:10 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 29 times
Tricerasoft makes very nice software. They not gonna give it up. I think they will weed out the "legal" dowloads all-together and concentrate more on software and apps under a different name. It's not much work to change their logo/name along with a slightly different style.

What make you think that Tricerasoft gives a crap about software? Really? I switched over to Compuhost 4 years ago, and since then they still haven't updated "Just Karaoke 2.0" one time, not once. So yeah, I'm sure they are real worried about making a few bucks on outdated software.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:33 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
KSFGROUP wrote:
I agree with Jim. Tricerasoft knew better. They could have settled and made it all go away just like others have done ie. Slep-Tone, Stingray, Sunfly etc. Instead he decided to rack up God knows how much in legal fees and now it's over. Some people are very intelligent, but lack common sense.

I agree to a point, but if even half of what they claimed was true, settlement wouldn't have made it go away. They allegedly were out to destroy him and nothing short of him being completely bankrupt was going to be acceptable.

Given all the trouble ALL the karaoke producers seemed to have had with sony and their ilk of late *we can't get digital licenses, it costs too much etc* I think his story is at the very least plausible.

I mean you are talking about an industry that will steal the copyrights of music from artists claiming that the copyright was abandoned and/or unclaimed, allowing them to make that music for virtually nothing, and then not having to pay the artist a single dime.

-James

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

to a point jclaydon, but Michael seems to not have these issues getting licenses or making karaoke tracks without getting sued.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
But on that same note, Michael isn't putting stuff or releasing stuff he isn't supposed to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:43 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
TheMechanic wrote:
Tricerasoft makes very nice software. They not gonna give it up. I think they will weed out the "legal" dowloads all-together and concentrate more on software and apps under a different name. It's not much work to change their logo/name along with a slightly different style.

What make you think that Tricerasoft gives a crap about software? Really? I switched over to Compuhost 4 years ago, and since then they still haven't updated "Just Karaoke 2.0" one time, not once. So yeah, I'm sure they are real worried about making a few bucks on outdated software.

I really wished after the whole mess in dealing with KaraokeDownloads.CA they would have kept the hoster software part up and running.

Sadly, selling our required software is not profitable; we are a niche market and KJs are fickle to move to completely new software. I have MTU's hoster software for about a year, and still have not moved from my Swift Elite 4.0 as of yet. Yes, they could have limped along with their software, but I guess dealing with this industry and all of its devils (some of them self made) made them call it the day.

Thing is even though SE 4.0 or JK 2.0 had not been updated, they are far from obsolete. Aside from MP4 tracks, there isn't anything I can't do with my old and reliable Tricerasoft hoster programs. I've said it before, there really isn't anything earth shattering out there for me to switch over. If something does come out, I might switch if I feel it would add value to my gigs.

Finally, Before the karaoke downloads page, they used to sell a monthly video music subscription. It was their version of Promo Only... but available online. They did it for at least a few months, then it dropped out of site. I wonder if those videos also caused any issues with the music companies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:23 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
But on that same note, Michael isn't putting stuff or releasing stuff he isn't supposed to.

that was kinda my point. PY is about the only one doing it right. SC, CB, THM, damn near everyone made music they were not supposed to. if you do it right, you don't have issues with publishers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next