KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - TriceraSoft out of business completely? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:55 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
The tricerasoft.com website has been down for several weeks. Did they finally throw in the towel?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
wiseguy53 wrote:
The tricerasoft.com website has been down for several weeks. Did they finally throw in the towel?

It would seem so. Their licensing lawsuits brought down the whole company. If they had kept the software business separate, it would probably still exist, but unfortunately it seems they put all their eggs in one basket, and I guess they owed more than all the eggs :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:13 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

That was very unprofessional of them to just drop off the map, without a word of explanation, leaving their long time customers hanging without a way of even contacting them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:31 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
It was nothing that really wasn't foreseen coming in the last year alone - especially with their lawsuit brought on by the big publishers. As soon as they had to pull MOST of their manufacturers off their download site is when I knew it was the beginning of the end. And the fact they continued to sell SBI tracks after they were ordered to pull them and stop paying SBI for any sales was another red flag. Then other brands started showing up that there is no way they could have got permission from (out of business companies). Then the dropping of US downloads entirely. If you didn't see it coming......well.
And it's quite possible they were ordered to shut down immediately for legal reasons without being able to warn their software users.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:07 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Ya in hindsight, it was pretty stupid of me to buy a lot of credits all at once. But I figured it would have at least another month or two to use them all.

oh well
-James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Lonman wrote:
It was nothing that really wasn't foreseen coming in the last year alone - especially with their lawsuit brought on by the big publishers. As soon as they had to pull MOST of their manufacturers off their download site is when I knew it was the beginning of the end. And the fact they continued to sell SBI tracks after they were ordered to pull them and stop paying SBI for any sales was another red flag. Then other brands started showing up that there is no way they could have got permission from (out of business companies). Then the dropping of US downloads entirely. If you didn't see it coming......well.
And it's quite possible they were ordered to shut down immediately for legal reasons without being able to warn their software users.

When they were forced to stop selling music to US customers it was obvious that KaraokeDownloads.CA was on its last leg but I didn't think that this would take down their software enterprise as well. Nobody is going to convince me that they in no way saw this coming and had no time to give a heads up to their customers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
They claim they weren't forced to but 'voluntarily' stopped back in late Feb or early March last year claiming that they were legal but were being basically harassed by lawyers so they stopped. But again they were selling SBI tracks after they were ordered to pull them and quit sending SBI any $$ for any of those subsequent sales. http://sbikaraoke.com/site/node/3036
So that right their should show you the ethics and why they wouldn't bother with telling customers. But again it's possible they were shut down without any warning.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:09 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
wiseguy53 wrote:
That was very unprofessional of them to just drop off the map, without a word of explanation, leaving their long time customers hanging without a way of even contacting them.

Don't count your chickens just yet. Here in Canada we see many new companies start coming out just shortly after one falls. Most likely same people, different names.

Give it a week and then start searching new karaoke, you will see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
wiseguy53 wrote:

Don't count your chickens just yet. Here in Canada we see many new companies start coming out just shortly after one falls. Most likely same people, different names.

This is why so many of us love you. You are so knowledgeable. Thanks for the insight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

wiseguy53 wrote:

If they did start a new song service company they would be facing the same issues that closed them down, so I don't see that happening. What about all the TriceraSoft software that they have spent years developing and promoting? Are they going to re-brand it and start all over?

I'd like to believe you're right but I have some serious doubts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:00 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Tricerasoft makes very nice software. They not gonna give it up. I think they will weed out the "legal" dowloads all-together and concentrate more on software and apps under a different name. It's not much work to change their logo/name along with a slightly different style.

PCDJ is smart. They are all about software and they use third party Music Providers, leaving their hands clean if any legal issues were to arise.

Here in Canada, many companies ride that "Grey Zone" to make some quick bucks. Unfortunately, tricerasoft stepped over just a bit and slipped into legalities.

Give it time, they will be back under another name.

On another note, look at Napster. They were also in deep waters till they got purchased.

Many larger companies like Microsoft look for opportunities to buy up these type of companies using their "Umbrella" techniques.

Umbrella Investing > investing in a struggling company and later swooping the company into ownership under their own company.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
wiseguy53 wrote:

This is why so many of us love you. You are so knowledgeable. Thanks for the insight.

Alan, you never cease to amaze me! I mean that in a good way. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
On a non-related topic, back in the 90s,
a Canadian gang broke into my N.Y. warehouse, absconding with
500k CDs, much to my dismay. (And my partners)
(Do you call them "Gangs" in Canada?)
Anyway, perhaps a different group in L.A. grabbed $10,000 value CDs
from a location in the valley.
So it was about that time I decided I was in the wrong business. :o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:39 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
I guess this put me getting a refund for the 90 or so credits I had left out of the question, I quit using sax and dotty's because of problems with it too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
wiseguy53 wrote:

I never see new companies created anywhere else in the world. All the existing companies have always existed since the beginning of time, but in Canada, they can actually make new ones, even using the same people that were in the old ones. Canada is so amazing. KNF you are SO lucky to live in such a magical place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times

How do you search "New Karaoke"??? Does a newly formed karaoke company call themselves that (or use that) in their name??????

Let's see now..... I typed new karaoke in a Yahoo search. Here's what I got:

1. Top Karaoke Machines 2017 - Our Top Pick Will Surprise You | bestreviews.com
2. Karaoke Tween Hits Music - Free Shipping Site to Store
3. Save On Quality Music. Free Shipping Site to Store.
http://www.walmart.com/Music
4. Karaoke Machine Toy | Target.com
5. Sing Karaoke Online | SingSnap.com
6. New Karaoke Music Releases
http://www.acekaraoke.com/new-karaoke-music-releases....
7. New Karaoke near New York, NY
8. TheKARAOKEChannel - YouTube
9. New Karaoke | Musician's Friend
www.musiciansfriend.com › Pro Audio › DJ Gear
10. Amazon.com: Karaoke: CDs & Vinyl
11. Download karaoke music and make your own CDG disc at ...
http://www.buykaraokedownloads.com/index.php
12. KARAOKE 2017 new - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9DFDA8A2BD
13. 2014 New Music Releases - Shop online for Karaoke Music ...
http://www.acekaraoke.com/new-karaoke-music-releases-..
14. new karaoke | eBay

And that was just the first page of results. Did I search wrong????????????????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:28 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Sorry i didnt mean use the search term" new karaoke"

Maybe try search term "karaoke software 2017"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times

KNF: I did. I typed “karaoke software 2017”. The first entry was youtube site “best karaoke software 2017 for windows and mac. It listed Karafun as number one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uOINsDJ01g

The second was “top 15 best professional karaoke software in 2016”. http://bestfreekeys.com/best-karaoke-software/

Why am I not surprised that Karafun was also number one and top rated in 2016? I hope it’s not just a ploy. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:21 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Brian A wrote:

KNF: I did. I typed “karaoke software 2017”. The first entry was youtube site “best karaoke software 2017 for windows and mac. It listed Karafun as number one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uOINsDJ01g

The second was “top 15 best professional karaoke software in 2016”. http://bestfreekeys.com/best-karaoke-software/

Why am I not surprised that Karafun was also number one and top rated in 2016? I hope it’s not just a ploy. :lol: :lol:

#1 as rated by....??? When was the last time any of us ever received anything asking us to rate karaoke software?

That "bestfreekeys" site is likely a malware site.

There are only a 1/2 dozen or so karaoke programs that even qualify as "professional" anyway. It's not like the KJ hosting software landscape has change much in the last 8 years or so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
chrisavis wrote:
It's not like the KJ hosting software landscape has change much in the last 8 years or so.

at least until FGP Karaoke Professional is released :wink: