KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Need advice for a budget karaoke system Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:13 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey guys, my family and I really enjoy doing the karaoke but this is the first time I try to build one for the house, and don't really know which parts i should get since my budget is pretty limited after upgrading the TV (around 400$, could be 500$ if i push it). So can you guys give recommendations for the mixers and speakers for that budget? The living room is L-shaped and the TV space is at the top corner of the L, the area can fits around 8-12 people.

{edited to delete SPAM links}

Last edited by adamjohnson on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
adamjohnson wrote:
Hey guys, my family and I really enjoy doing the karaoke but this is the first time I try to build one for the house, and don't really know which parts i should get since my budget is pretty limited after upgrading the TV (around 400$, could be 500$ if i push it). So can you guys give recommendations for the mixers and speakers for that budget? The living room is L-shaped and the TV space is at the top corner of the L, the area can fits around 8-12 people.

8) This is a real tough one, since most hosts are professionals and use professional equipment which can be quite expensive. It all depends if you can be happy with a basic complete karaoke machine, like "The Singing Machine". This comes with everything is easy to setup and use, it even has a USB port and blue tooth costs around199.00 on Amazon, and doesn't take up much room. I bought one for my wife to practice on so I wouldn't have to set up my full equipment, she seems to like it after I tweaked it a little. If you are going to want something more it will cost you some money, sometimes you can pick up deals of players and such, also look for discontinued models.

P.S. Sam's club is selling "The Singing Machine" for $150.00. Saw Another all in one home machine AKAI 878 with bluetooth $155.99

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:26 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
adamjohnson wrote:
That looks like out of US currency, where are you? That will make a huge difference on budget!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
If that's American dollars, your best bet is used gear from pawn shops or better yet Guitar Center.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Considering the budget you need to ask yourself what you have first. Then find what you need.

1) microphones
2) speakers
3) karaoke machine or computer
4) music

What do you have so far?
We know you have a TV. You may want to check out some Karaoke Media boxes, (199.00) they come loaded with karaoke.

Cavs karaoke also makes some pretty cool karaoke hardware.

If you have a tablet, you may want to see what kind of APPs are available you may like that connect wireless to your TV.

There are also very affordable alternatives (the Karaoke Channel) or streaming karaoke services available. (Internet connection required)

If you have a Kodi box, you can get karaoke addon. (Internet connection required)

Just a few options for you.

If I had to start over with a 500.00 budget. I would buy:

1) DBX GoRack $28.00 from amazon (super good product for its value.)
2) A wireless Mic system
3) A wireless speaker system (ION speakers around $250/pair includes stands and microphones.
4) A tablet loaded with karaoke software with airplay to tv.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:05 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
or just use the kodi karaoke addon from LittleWiz repo from fusion or easier go to https://kodikaraoke.com