KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Grahams Karaoke System (New Karaoke Software) Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
screamersusa wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
yes Song slips are the standard, or Should be standard in Karaoke to keep that Singer/Host communication going.

It's certain "better" at that than a kiosk, but taking the slips away and making them SPEAK to the KJ and having the KJ respond is the very definition of communication.

True but leads to a slow show flow. A balance between the two is best as you always have someone asking questions if you provide them the opening. The KJ at the owners bar is a personal request guy, no slips, 40%-50% dead air.
FYI I use two slips....... White standard, yellow for unlisted. Yellow are easy to spot in the pile making it easier to make time to hunt down
said tune purchases on the web within show. If I can get it, I call the singer up to place it in their list someplace.

We can take a name, their song, and have them in the rotation with their song attached to them in less than 5 seconds. It may take that long to decipher just their name on a slip.

I know there are some disc based and slip based hosts that swear that they can smell a fart before they hear it, but I will go up against any disc-based or slip based host on pure speed and efficiency and win 99% of the time (there is always SOMEONE that is faster).

You just can't beat physics....

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
It doesn't matter what country we are in. Software doesn't cost much to produce. I feel bad that you guys get ripped off and keep coming back for more.

#Karmasucks. #getoverit

Haven't any issues with Karma but the history problem. Still wish they would at least show a broken link when you move songs around. This way you know what to re-add to the singers' histories. Other than that, Karma is awesome, easy to read, easy to see, easy to look at, and very simple to use.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
I do recall the last time I've ever used Karma was when a singer requested a song and wanted the Pitch dropped and also Tempo changed. Then all of the sudden I started getting Popup box on next bootup saying .NET framework error. and karma would crash.

I would open windows hidden folder to delete karma files and reinstall from scratch. Only to get the same error. This happens alot on IBM laptops. Issue left unresolved even with latest install.

This error is very embarrassing to happen at a show.

So far Grahams software Pro player has been working perfect and the kiosk songbook program has taken quite a liking to singers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
I do recall the last time I've ever used Karma was when a singer requested a song and wanted the Pitch dropped and also Tempo changed. Then all of the sudden I started getting Popup box on next bootup saying .NET framework error. and karma would crash.

I would open windows hidden folder to delete karma files and reinstall from scratch. Only to get the same error. This happens alot on IBM laptops. Issue left unresolved even with latest install.

I'd be more embarrassed about using the IBM laptop considering they haven't made one in 12 years. IBM sold their PC line to Lenova in 2004. Karma didn't even come out until 2008. Did you ever think that may be the problem? The last Thinkpad models came with Windows XP which is no longer supported by Karma (or Microsoft for that matter). You can't claim it's an unresolved issue when you're not even running it on a machine that meets the minimum requirements.

Chris was right. Definitely PEBKAC.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:08 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
KaraokeIan wrote:

I'd be more embarrassed about using the IBM laptop considering they haven't made one in 12 years. IBM sold their PC line to Lenova in 2004. Karma didn't even come out until 2008. Did you ever think that may be the problem? The last Thinkpad models came with Windows XP which is no longer supported by Karma (or Microsoft for that matter). You can't claim it's an unresolved issue when you're not even running it on a machine that meets the minimum requirements.

Hey for once I agree with everything said here! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:18 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

before this gets blown outta proportion. Let me explain in detail.
The IBM/Lenovo is an example of name brand that karma crashes on.

To be more specific to you tech guys. I've tested on ACER/ASUS 2015 laptops also with latest download from karasoft and yes... ISSUE left UNRESOLVED #BOBLATSHAWSUCKS #FIXKARMA

Specs include Latest core processors with configs from 8gb-and even 16gb memory and excellent graphics card options.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:51 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times

You are like a Timex Watch... Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
^^^ LMAO ^^^
Attachment:
energizer.png
energizer.png [ 119.19 KiB | Viewed 36319 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:44 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
cueball wrote:

You are like a Timex Watch... Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Or building a bicycle in reverse order - ie BACKPEDDLING everything she says.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times

To be more specific to you tech guys. I've tested on ACER/ASUS 2015 laptops also with latest download from karasoft and yes... ISSUE left UNRESOLVED #BOBLATSHAWSUCKS #FIXKARMA

Specs include Latest core processors with configs from 8gb-and even 16gb memory and excellent graphics card options.

I use a very old under powered 8 year old Toshiba Satellite P295D-S7436 with an AMD processor Windows XP 32 bit, and I have zero problems running Karma. As stated many times Karma had graphics issues that caused over heating prior to January 2012, but after that date I have never had even 1 freeze or reboot or any kind.

What I don't do is I never use a new release of anything..... sometimes for months. As a retired engineer that specialized in industrial (time and motion studies) and process (improving reliability and output) I learned that untested change can have very bad results.
I am running Karma Sept 2014, mostly because of the way Karma handles the history file starting in January 2015.

I really see no need in upgrading because the report feature is not very necessary for running my shows. BTW the amount of RAM in excess of 2 GB has no increase in performance when running Karma.

Last edited by mrmarog on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

How does a small number of devices crashing make it a Karma problem?

I have some ACER and ASUS laptops running Karma just fine. In fact, I have never had a machine that Karma would not run properly on. Even with all the crapware included.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Oh......and I still use a couple of Lenovo T60 and T61P machines. Those or more than 10 years old now. Karma runs just fine on those machines (running Windows 8.1).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:47 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Lonman wrote:
KaraokeIan wrote:

Hey for once I agree with everything said here! :D

Lonman, normally this would surprise me, but after watching Donald Trump take the Republican nomination, I've concluded that hell has officially frozen over, so karaokeniagarafalls could conceive a love child with Bob and they could name it Little Lonman and I wouldn't be surprised :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
Software doesn't cost much to produce.

Wow. THAT is a crazy stupid statement. And you know this how?

I have worked for a software company for the last 19 years and I can tell you that writing code takes a LOT of time and even more to QA, fix and release. That time has value, just as your time has value doing Karaoke. Would you say "Karaoke doesnt cost much to do?", and then do it free?

Even that a-hole Bob deserves to be paid for his crap. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:04 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

You are correct in what you said... I truly believe that Programmers are worth every penny and should be compensated for their time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Software doesn't cost much to produce.

You are correct in what you said... I truly believe that Programmers are worth every penny and should be compensated for their time.
So your conclusion is that they are not compensated for their time and that is why it doesn't cost much to produce software :?

KNF you are something else :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
chrisavis wrote:
Oh......and I still use a couple of Lenovo T60 and T61P machines. Those or more than 10 years old now.

Add me to the list as well. I still run the same version of Compuhost on a pair of even older Thinkpad T42's I bought years ago. It's rock solid and I can buy parts all day long for pennies on eBay. I don't use them for anything else. No surfing, no other programs, etc. Just an SSD drive for XP & Compuhost, and a 1TB drive in the bay for my library...CD removed.

It's blazing fast and I am not at all embarrassed. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
I use a very old under powered 8 year old Toshiba Satellite P295D-S7436 with an AMD processor Windows XP 32 bit, and I have zero problems running Karma. As stated many times Karma had graphics issues that caused over heating prior to January 2012, but after that date I have never had even 1 freeze or reboot or any kind.

What I don't do is I never use a new release of anything..... sometimes for months. As a retired engineer that specialized in industrial (time and motion studies) and process (improving reliability and output) I learned that untested change can have very bad results. I am running Karma Sept 2014, mostly because of the way Karma handles the history file starting in January 2015.

I really see no need in upgrading because the report feature is not very necessary for running my shows. BTW the amount of RAM in excess of 2 GB has no increase in performance when running Karma.

I am with you Bazza. Most of the older laptops are built way better (much heavier). They might be slower, but speed is not all that important when running most karaoke programs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:31 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Do keep in mind that latest Karma system requirements now include 1280 res to run.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Is this program still available? The website appears to be gone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next