KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke "No-Fly List" Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
so far the only risk any KJ has taken and the only danger to a KJ has been from 1 manu and 1 lawsuit company (dont know what else to call PRLLC)
0 publishers, 0 artists, 0 record labels.
they have bigger fish to fry than hunting good faith buyers.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
SO FAR are the keywords...but the publishers have STATED they are going to get involved. I know I will not be the "crash test dummy"

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

kjathena wrote:
SO FAR are the keywords...but the publishers have STATED they are going to get involved. I know I will not be the "crash test dummy"

If you are referring to the statements made during the Summit, all I gathered was that some of those present were going to try to convince them to get involved. I did not pick up any sense of certainty, since there was no representative of any publishers that said those words...

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:58 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I guess those that were there OR were in communication with the publishers have more info than those that only watched the recordings. I guess it will be a big wait and see. Anyone wanna make odds and take bets?

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Is it really necessary to be snide just because someone responds when facts are not presented accurately?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

ok so maybe it was a bit snide...and for that I will apologize. I am sorry for being snippy.

Almost a year away from this forum and still the same ole' "pirate laments" and arguments. I took my vacation after trying very hard to get people to look deeper into the issues that are just now hitting hard (at the request of my husband) who felt the forums were a detriment to my health...maybe he was right and taking any of my time or energy to post here is a waste.

Go on back to your regular conversations....listen or not...that is every hosts right...all I can say is I tried yet again.

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
The waste comes in the form of trying to change people's minds. People will do what they are going to do and that applies to both sides of the arguments.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

kjathena wrote:
ok so maybe it was a bit snide...and for that I will apologize. I am sorry for being snippy.

Almost a year away from this forum and still the same ole' "pirate laments" and arguments. I took my vacation after trying very hard to get people to look deeper into the issues that are just now hitting hard (at the request of my husband) who felt the forums were a detriment to my health...maybe he was right and taking any of my time or energy to post here is a waste.

Go on back to your regular conversations....listen or not...that is every hosts right...all I can say is I tried yet again.

We can also do without your character assassinations based on your singular opinion. Those who have paid attention to what I have said on this forum see me for the consumer advocate that I am. I participate in over a dozen forums trying to be a voice of reason, concerned about protections for consumers and taking offense to entities trying to circumvent situations creating improper monopolies and breaking antitrust laws.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

"Consumer advocate" there was no "character assassination" on you OR anyone else on this forum just a general malaise voiced based upon seeing that nothing has changed in almost a year since I took my vacation. Anyone here can listen to any "voice of reason" they choose, as they are the ones that will end up paying for that choice.

My wish is that people will dig deeper themselves and NOT end up being involved in ANY lawsuits....yours appears to be a quite different reason( based upon the post I have been reading tonight )....but I guess the proof is in the pudding so to speak....and time will tell all

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Look, let's just end this little exchange by agreeing that what will happen, will happen, but that it should happen with consumers' rights in the forefront, and that the process should be done in accordance with antitrust laws...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:04 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
kjathena wrote:
My wish is that people will dig deeper themselves and NOT end up being involved in ANY lawsuits....yours appears to be a quite different reason( based upon the post I have been reading tonight )....but I guess the proof is in the pudding so to speak....and time will tell all

What good does sit do to dig deeper. It has already been proven that even "DISC BASED HOSTS", get caught up in lawsuits. Even you with all you "CERTIFICATIONS" can get caught up in a lawsuit. From what I see NO KJ is exempt from being caught up in the wide cast net.

I'm waiting for the day when they pick on the wrong person, one who has the resources to take it all the way to trial and smack the offending company that tries to sue them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lone Wolf wrote:
kjathena wrote:

and how do we do that with PRLLC? how are you not going to get sued for using illegal copies of CB material you do not have authorization for?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:31 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Paradigm,

As I have explained I am personally willing to accept the small amount of risk of being named by PR because:

A. I have certification from an audit prior to CB closing the doors
B. If I am named I can show that I own every track on a 1-1 basis and know that as soon as that was shown in discovery I would be removed from any further legal action.ion
and
C. I can show that I have been in communication with PR & DT requesting a to be placed on the audit list for whenever they may implement a audit program.

The other option would be one that has been suggested here by a few and just pull the brand. (some would suggest replacing CB tracks with DT subscription as DT knows who is paying to use the tracks)

I am comfortable with my decision. It is up to each KJ to decided what level of risk they are willing to accept.

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:25 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
kjathena wrote:
The other option would be one that has been suggested here by a few and just pull the brand. (some would suggest replacing CB tracks with DT subscription as DT knows who is paying to use the tracks)

I would go with using DTE songs, because I can download them :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:48 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

kjathena wrote:
C. I can show that I have been in communication with PR & DT requesting a to be placed on the audit list for whenever they may implement a audit program.

and how have you been in contact with PRLLC when they have no phone, website, e-mail, or address?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I thought that WWD/PR had no intention of resuming auditing, if they were going to do so wouldn't they have started again before filing this last wave of mass suits? Athena might have been able to contact DTE, it would seem the only way to contact WWD/PR is when they file a suit against you and the venue you work for. Of course you can avoid all legal problems if you just subscribe, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:36 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
kjathena wrote:

and how have you been in contact with PRLLC when they have no phone, website, e-mail, or address?

I went thru DT first and then the law firm handling the new lawsuits as soon as I saw that listed on the legal documents Paradigm.

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
kjathena wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
kjathena wrote:

I went thru DT first and then the law firm handling the new lawsuits as soon as I saw that listed on the legal documents Paradigm.

See, we all know you are a bit O.C. , Athena. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Hey Smoothedge...I resemble that remark....LOL :lol:

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:05 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
:D :D :D Be happy don't worry, all this concern about manus and pirates will soon be over. It seems strange that I have managed to get through this karaoke no man's land and not been put out of business by either side. That is nineteen years of hosting without any hassle other than the usual one's. I know that I have played during the Golden Age of hosting and that the good days have mostly passed, I just wonder how much longer the manus will press this dog and pony show, before they themselves implode? Oh well it is for another generation of hosts to worry about. Also I'm fortunate that California has not yet fallen under spell of the Empire. By the time the Empire strikes back there will be a least one fewer possible targets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next