KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Best FREE program to use to play CDG files on PC Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 am 
Hi all...

Wondering if you can lead me towards a good free program to play CDG files on my laptop.. I'd prefer not to have to buy one just for the occasional sing-along..

Also, and this may seem like a stupid question but i've been given a couple of cds with a bunch of Sunfly songs on them, both CDG and MP3 files on each. I want to combine the two cds into one, do I need to include both the CDG *AND* the MP3 files or can I just put the CDG files on the cd for it to work?

Thanks in advance,
Emz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:07 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Who's a naughty boy then.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:34 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Quote:
Also, and this may seem like a stupid question but i've been given a couple of cds with a bunch of Sunfly songs on them,

I have a stupid question for you first. The people who make and license karaoke media and software spend millions of dollars in production costs. Is there something special about you that entitles you to use their work for free?

Suppose you owned a restaurant...would you appreciate people posting messages asking which door they should sneak out when they walk the check? After all, I'm sure that they would prefer not to have to pay just for the occasional munch-munch.

-denise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
That's funny because just the other day a woman told me I had an open invitation to come over for the 'occasional munch-munch'.

She used those exact words.. and i'm fairly certain she wasn't talking about cold cut sandwiches.

Just odd that I would see that exact phrase online just a few days later.

Anyway..

To the Original Poster person.. sounds like you've got a few discs full of bootleg/pirated karaoke music.. and that is something folks frown on around here.. especially since many of us have thousands of dollars invested in our legitimate music collections.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:21 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Dude....there are plenty of free karaoke programs, and the companies that make them offer them as freeware, so no theft needed.

There is a karaoke plugin for WinAmp that will run your occational home karaoke sing along just fine. No frills, no thrills, just double click a MP3+G file and it gives you a lyric output with the music.

Go through CNET and type in WinAmp Karaoke and you should be able to get it through a virus-free secure server.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:37 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Well, i have a disc that I bought from some website that sells karaoke discs and I do want to be able to play it on my pc. I have 2 questions really, how do I find out if my pc's DVD-ROM will read the discs? I know they have to be able to read subchannel data. How do I find out if it can? And question 2, I also need a free cdg player for my pc as well, if my DVD-ROM is up-to-date enough to read the discs. I have 2 purchased discs actually, but one is a custom cdg . I bought that one from a comapny that has licenses to all the music. The other is just a standard cdg made originally by Sound Choice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:14 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Free download.

http://www.karafun.com/

Will answer your questions.