KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Video Hoster Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Video Hoster Software
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:34 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I am considering this software,the full version.It is $199.my other choice is compuhost but it appears you have to buy a separate program to do the songbooks.
I have about 100 cd's.

What i really want to know is,will this completely eliminate my JVC XLSV22BK VCD/CD-G Karaoke Player?Sure would be nice to get all rid of all these danged cd's.

Would i need to buy an audio interface like an M-Audio Fast Track Pro to run from my computer to my yamaha emx66 m powered mixer?

thanks!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:57 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
First things first.... You will no longer have to use a cdg player. It's all computer now. Yes an audio interface is a wise choice and worth the investment. I currently run hoster 4.03 and really have litttle to no complaints. I just recently downloaded compuhost demo and am thoroughly impressed with it.
Given a choice, I'd probably go with the compuhost software. The "auto-record" feature is awesome and the overall program is more user friendly. jmho!

p.s. An external hard drive for "kma files" is a good idea so you dont eat up all your laptop hard drive space.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:35 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

one thing to point out.

Ripping the tracks to computer - as long as you STILL OWN the discs, your butttsky is covered under the FAIR USE act. If you "get rid of" your cdgs, if the copyright folks ever get their act together, you could be held liable for the infringement.

I've seen several people that ripped their stuff to computer and sold the discs... and I cringe whenever I hear it.

if you're a host, I also recommend NOT getting rid of the player. What do you do for people bringing in outside discs? Sure you could get the player software that plays directly from the computer CD-ROM, but I don't recommend that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:32 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Thanks for the tips and advice.I had downloaded Compuhost,guess i just didn't give it a fair shake.After really giving it a go,i think this is the one i will go with.Just liked that the mtu hoster came with karaoke book software and looked easier.After i buy the extra software for Compuhost that lets me make the books,the price comes out the same for each.
I don't think i would ever sell my original cd's,i would want to keep them for backups in case i ever had problems.
Now to decide if i want to pitch my whole set up and go with something a little more professional... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:03 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
Yeah, I wish I would have demo-ed compuhost before purchasing hoster. I think both products are really good though. Having a backup is essential. Whether your reliable cdg player or another laptop.