KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - best format and brand of karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:29 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
can you please tell me how make the best tracks?

ie as in the best music quality?

I lot of my disks sound like computer gererates tracks, i want to get more professional sounding music.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
it sounds like you might be surfing the net for midi karaok...you can click on any of the banners on this site and be taken to manufacturers sites with discs that will sound far better than computer "generated"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:56 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

hi thanks for your reply

I ment to say who makes the best tracks?

ie as in the best music quality?
I ahve bought "pop star" "sing a long" brands and others and they sound cheap.

i went to a karaoke at a pub and the music sounded heaps better.

So i want good sound and also just the words on a blank screen. no girly pitchures

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:02 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

WRT the links.......

thats these ones right?

Karaoke Site Links
Ace Karaoke
Discount Karaoke
eXpress Karaoke
5 Star Karaoke
Karaoke Music
Karaoke Version
Magazine Subscriptions
Magic Mic
Power Karaoke
Select A Track
Venue VJ
VocoPro

Are they all good quality?

the othe rthing i was asking it what is the best format for your disks.

i have seen some people saying the CD + G is great!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Best is so subjective.

I've found crappy tunes in what I considered GREAT karaoke manus, and vice versa... sometimes the horrible manus will put out a real GEM. A real Diamond in the Rough.

Overall... my experience with Sound Choice is they're really good for Rock, 50s-90s stuff, pretty good for Country.

Chartbuster used to be pretty bad for Rock, but they're improving a LOT. They're the leader in my personal opinion for country.

Pop Hits Monthly used to be the best among the monthly type releases, Top Hits Monthly was behind them. Nowadays I THINK Sing It Now is the old Pop Hits Monthly label... haven't tried any of their tracks, so can't tell you that.

SBIKaraoke is routinely great, Sunfly / Legends are hit and miss, Zoom is pretty good...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:54 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

CD+G is exactly what you're looking for. CD + Graphics, just text, no 'girly videos & pictures'. Most professional shows use this format..

Those links are for dealers I think. The disc manufacturers are mostly Soundchoice, Chartbuster, Sing to the world, Sunfly, Legends, Zoom e.t.c. In terms of quality, you usually get what you pay for.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
We should really develop a frequently-asked questions list. This one would certainly be near the top of that list. It is a good and valid question.

My opinioni matches up with Knightshow's. I like SoundChoice for rock, Chartbuster for country. For the songs it has, I personally like DK, which has no songs newer than 1995 but has a good on-target collection.

I also like Pop Hits Monthly (aka Sing It Now). I like them *much* better than I like StarDisc or the now-defunct THM.

My approach to building my library has been:

1. Buy the Soundchoice Foundation set for the most popular songs. It is good to have those be the highest quality.
1a. If that is too much money, get the SuperCore set as a decent second option for your base songs. They have Pop Hits, Pioneer, THM, Legends, and other brands compiled together.
2. Buy the DK disks as they come on sale. I don't know if they are still available, but I bought most of them for $5.00 or less at karaoke.com over the period of a year or so.
3. Buy the Pop Hits disks after they go down in price.
4. Download individual requests from (legal) online services. If I can't find them, I will sometimes buy the Pop Hits Monthly disk they are on, paying full price.
5. Buy popular artist collections. I have a lot of the Chartbuster CB9xxx disks, and quite a few Legends disks that I bought on sale.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:04 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

thanks for all your replys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:58 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I'm going to start building my library soon. My plan was to purchase 2 Chartbuster Essentials and then pick around for some newer songs. Then each month I would buy another Essentials set each month while staying current with CD or 2 of currents.

But would I be better off going with sound choice's foundation and brick sets? I saw someone say that Chartbuster was better at country though, and well over half the songs people around here will want to sing are country. The rest being classic rock, rock, oldies, and some current pop/top 40 stuff.

Any help or suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
shalty @ Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:58 pm wrote:
I'm going to start building my library soon. My plan was to purchase 2 Chartbuster Essentials and then pick around for some newer songs. Then each month I would buy another Essentials set each month while staying current with CD or 2 of currents.

But would I be better off going with sound choice's foundation and brick sets? I saw someone say that Chartbuster was better at country though, and well over half the songs people around here will want to sing are country. The rest being classic rock, rock, oldies, and some current pop/top 40 stuff.

Any help or suggestions?

You can do worse than Chartbuster, especially for 60s and before and country.

I do like SoundChoice a lot better for rock, though, and rock from 1970-2000 is going to be the greatest part of a Foundation set.

Once you get your Foundation 1 & 2, then I would go Chartbuster. Their newer stuff for rock is pretty good, and their country is generally better.

If you are going to be computer-based, look for the DK and Zoom download stuff on tricerasoft.com for fillin. For $1.00 a song (purchasing a 100 pack), you are going to find quite a bit of stuff that will pertain and will be of excellent quality.