KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Crazy Things KJ will Do Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 am wrote:
I'm kinda new here, but I've been around karaoke-related message boards since 1998. I've read the threads where gemini gets into some heated discussions. In those threads, he gets pretty belligerent, and gets what he gets. I don't agree, however with chasing him down with abuse every time he opens a thread, regardless of the subject of the new thread. If you relly want him to away, ignore the BS. Gemini seems to thrive on attention, of any kind. Don't feed the trolls; you risk looking more like a troll. should someone see this thread before they see the many threads where you've contributed great content to this board. Gemini started this thread with a post about his habit of wearing funny hats at his show. I think silence would be a more effective reply than abuse.

I speak for no one but myself. This is my opinion.

You do have a good point! Perhaps he thrives on the attention good or bad and we are just feeding him what he wants. I will resist the urge to post any responses in any of his threads and will bite my lower lip. Babs is correct it is futile to try to get any point across to him as he is a lost cause in that area.

How about we form a GeminiMale40 non response group, if he starts a thread just ignore it, and if he tries to provoke you to hammer him in threads he does not start, then just ignore him. Eventually he will get bored as nobody is paying attention to his antics and he will move on. Control freaks can't operate if there is nobody willing to play the game.

I think his rule about discs and a couple of others rocked me to the core as a KJ and motivated me to post what I did. I think he knows exactly what buttons to push to get the responses he does. After thinking about it, what does it matter in the scheme of things if he decides to operate this way. Frankly Salinas is a small town and if they want to put up with it then so be it. One day he will grow up (pure speculation here) and see that his methods have not served him well.

I'm pushing my own buttons, specifically the "Ignore Button"

Thanks for your post!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:22 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Flipper @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm wrote:
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 am wrote:
I'm kinda new here, but I've been around karaoke-related message boards since 1998. I've read the threads where gemini gets into some heated discussions. In those threads, he gets pretty belligerent, and gets what he gets. I don't agree, however with chasing him down with abuse every time he opens a thread, regardless of the subject of the new thread. If you relly want him to away, ignore the BS. Gemini seems to thrive on attention, of any kind. Don't feed the trolls; you risk looking more like a troll. should someone see this thread before they see the many threads where you've contributed great content to this board. Gemini started this thread with a post about his habit of wearing funny hats at his show. I think silence would be a more effective reply than abuse.

You do have a good point! Perhaps he thrives on the attention good or bad and we are just feeding him what he wants. I will resist the urge to post any responses in any of his threads and will bite my lower lip. Babs is correct it is futile to try to get any point across to him as he is a lost cause in that area.

How about we form a GeminiMale40 non response group, if he starts a thread just ignore it, and if he tries to provoke you to hammer him in threads he does not start, then just ignore him. Eventually he will get bored as nobody is paying attention to his antics and he will move on. Control freaks can't operate if there is nobody willing to play the game.

I think his rule about discs and a couple of others rocked me to the core as a KJ and motivated me to post what I did. I think he knows exactly what buttons to push to get the responses he does. After thinking about it, what does it matter in the scheme of things if he decides to operate this way. Frankly Salinas is a small town and if they want to put up with it then so be it. One day he will grow up (pure speculation here) and see that his methods have not served him well.

I'm pushing my own buttons, specifically the "Ignore Button"

Thanks for your post!

Wow! Thank you, and thanks for a great post yourself!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
I have the same thought as smitty.... Yes I know:

Quote:

But I just happen to agree with all you said. It appears alot of people think "let's pester the heck out of him and maybe he'll leave"..... I mean, jeez, ganging up on someone and posting to his thread, totally off topic, JUST to make it clear that you don't like him or his posts? I mean, however rude he is elsewhere, this just keeps it going.

Not my issue, I don't know Gemini whatsoever. But I think this kind of behavior is tasteless and tacky, at best.

*Two wrongs don't make a right* <- - - - - Makes sense to me.

The end;)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Okay, so maybe not quite "the end" yet....... :D

Maybe Phil, (since, gosh, the guy has nothing else to do whatsoever and hardly EVER implements changes around here.... :D ) could make it where if you post a thread and nobody replies say, within 72 hours, then the thread goes *poof* and disappears? Then unwanted threads could be ignored and go 'way in a timely manner.

??? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

MandiLynn @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 pm wrote:

Maybe Phil, (since, gosh, the guy has nothing else to do whatsoever and hardly EVER implements changes around here.... :D ) could make it where if you post a thread and nobody replies say, within 72 hours, then the thread goes *poof* and disappears? Then unwanted threads could be ignored and go 'way in a timely manner.

??? Just a thought.

Yanno that's not a bad idea! I think 72hrs is plenty of time for someone to reply to someones new thread. That way it serves a dual purpose.

How about it Phil?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm wrote:
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!

LMAO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:42 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:39 pm wrote:

Hey Matt, remember the "ASO" option?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 am wrote:

I could have sworn there WAS an ignore user feature here. Might be thinking of another forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Lonman @ Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am wrote:

I could have sworn there WAS an ignore user feature here. Might be thinking of another forum.

there isnt Lonnie and yet it would be soooooooo freakin handy...can we put it on da wishlist?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
MorganLeFey @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:12 pm wrote:
Lonman @ Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am wrote:

there isnt Lonnie and yet it would be soooooooo freakin handy...can we put it on da wishlist?

Please do!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

you taking notes? :angel:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:33 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm wrote:

You whiney biotch..... :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Gemini who? Never heard of him. LMAO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Z snap baybee! LOL!

therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:42 pm wrote:
Hey Matt, remember the "ASO" option?
ABSO-F*N-LUTELY!! That was AWESOME!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:07 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm wrote:

I've been reluctant to state the same, for fear of being ostracized, but I have to say I agree wholeheartedly here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

MandiLynn @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:30 pm wrote:

??? Just a thought.

I'd have to say, I'm against this, simply for the same reason knightshow stated. I posted a thread the other day looking for people to post their gear list and it took a while to get some hits and responses (and I still have to contribute myself).

My opinion, and take it with a grain of salt as I am a n00b here, is to simply ignore unwanted posters. I learned this lesson years ago on message boards, and it took me some time to get it through my (admittedly) thick skull. It's like a stray cat outside your house. You keeping feeding it, it'll come back. If you have no food to offer it, it'll go elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DJ Swirl @ Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:07 am wrote:
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm wrote:

I've been reluctant to state the same, for fear of being ostracized, but I have to say I agree wholeheartedly here.

Swirl I know you have arrived at a time where you see everyone with the hackles risen but we are a normally peaceful happy community, and your vibes are fine...I wouldnt be a part of any community whether online or real where having an opinion is frowned upon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I don't think I've ever seen posts unreplied to over a few hours..... BUT, that's not to say it can't/ hasn't happened.

I just think if some kind of time-set was made for unreplied to topics to fall off the forums, then it would be a LOT less cluttered here, and would stop this sniping in threads. Even me, who hates the bickering constantly, is in here bickering about it..... :roll:

But, yeah, we all have a right to our own opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Babs @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm wrote:
Gemini who? Never heard of him. LMAO

Who? :ggof:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next