KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Kma Files Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kma Files
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:45 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
i have around 10,000 kma files, but i cant open them.,, i cant affort video hoster .. any ideas?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Kma Files
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
you won't find any help on this forum for illegal downloads.

The only way you'd have kma files legitimately is if you did the conversion yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 am 

no one is talking about illegal downloads =S i was thinking more line another progran u guys may now that plays KMA files >_>.!  and the way i got my files is from a computer i got at the pawn shop >_>.!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

freddt @ Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 am wrote:
no one is talking about illegal downloads =S i was thinking more line another progran u guys may now that plays KMA files >_>.!  and the way i got my files is from a computer i got at the pawn shop >_>.!!

That doesn't mean your action makes it legal. Unless you own the discs where those files came from, you are using illegal files. Heck, some people here even question the leagality of file format transfer, even if you do own the discs.

You may say, it's just for me and who cares? Many of the people here make living doing karaoke and feels that illegal copying of the songs will hurt their business. They will less likely to help you if you ask about something that is not legal. It only takes a few people using illegal songs to effect the business of people who are doing it legally.

As for your question, I don't know of any other program, free or paid, that will use KMA file other than MTU.  Good luck.

Seize the day and SING!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:12 pm 

:worship: im sorry . i didnt know it was illegal to buy used computers with karaoke tracks inside of them... neways. thanks for the help.  if anyone wants this 50GBs of karaoke let me know , i think i wont be using them anymore. they are inside 6 dual layer dvds. i just want like 10 bucks for them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Probably wont get any takers here as those files are useless without the originals
and selling or buying them is illegal and is considered by many piracy.

If you want to play those files you can use hoster lite which is only like $99. The lite version does almost everything the full version does except it will not make or print song books.

hope this help you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:18 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Siglos Karaoke Player/Recorder (http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_siglos-karaoke-player-recorder.php) plays KMA files amoung other formats. And Power CD+G Burner can burn them to CD+G disc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
ooooo Power, MTU's gonna hunt you down and stomp on ya! LOL!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:36 pm 

i cant believe i found out so much about kma, files.. in 3 days.. well... theres a lot of programs that play them also there is a ripKAm program on the web, that lets u convert them to mpg, the soft is free! also there are some programs that you have to pay for, anyways... thank you for all of those that email me their offers for the dvds... they still for sale.. just the bid went over 300 bucks... thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:39 pm 

one more thing! i was able to print a song book from that old computer. also have some databases.... from were i got the  files.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Flipper @ Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:43 pm wrote:
Probably wont get any takers here as those files are useless without the originals
and selling or buying them is illegal and is considered by many piracy.

If you want to play those files you can use hoster lite which is only like $99. The lite version does almost everything the full version does except it will not make or print song books.

hope this help you

Or you can buy MIcrostudio as the newest version allows for converting KMA's to Bin files.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 15 times
freddt @ Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:36 pm wrote:
... they still for sale.. just the bid went over 300 bucks... thank you.

I would think that being convicted on 10,000 counts of trafficing in stolen property would be worth a great deal more than $300.00.  If you're going to take the risk of spending the rest of your life in prision over soemthing as stupid as karaoke files you should get at least $500.00.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 am 

Microstudio 4.001 for $39.95 can both play and burn KMA files, and convert them to other formats in 4.002 (free upgrade coming in a few months). The sales fact page is at: http://mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm and you can buy it at: http://www.mtu.com/catalog/product_info ... ucts_id=70

FYI: KMA is a copyrighted format of MTU, for those of you who don't know or are ignoring it.

For those of you who may not be aware, MTU paid for legal research on what is CURRENTLY legal, after SC and Stellar Records sent out the now famous "press releases". Everyone in Karaoke should read the results at: http://www.mtu.com/support/copyright-notes.htm

Please post this URL wherever you visit. Its results need to be made public to stop SC and Stellar's damage and intimidation of the business owners who hire YOU.

Powerkaraoke, several MTU customers and staff followed your link and did not fnd any reference to our KMA format being supported. Maybe you could clear that up for us?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:46 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

karaoketools @ Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 am wrote:
FYI: KMA is a copyrighted format of MTU, for those of you who don't know or are ignoring it.

While I agree with the rest of what you have written, I am afraid you are mistaken here. File format information is not afforded copyright
protection (for example see Bentley vs Baystate case).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.leonard-ritter.com/proprieta ... a_solution

File formats are generally protected under patent laws over copyrights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you MTU  :worship: for bring us up to date with the SC/Stellar situation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

TTowntenor @ Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:53 am wrote:
http://www.leonard-ritter.com/proprietary_file_formats_and_a_solution

It is the algorithm of reading or writing data that is protected with patents (as with MP3). File structure as such is not protected.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:48 am 

TTowntenor @ Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:53 am wrote:
http://www.leonard-ritter.com/proprietary_file_formats_and_a_solution

I'm impressed, I've never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.

It is clear that you never needed to think about why MTU may have spent close to $100,000 to evolve the KMA format. My guess is you are not a product developer, who works with customers to solve their problems.

Since 1996, MTU has worked with CDRWIN's BIN filename extension. The problem is it can represent... a full disc image (how we used it), any file format imported from a CDROM, an audio only file, an audio+lyrics CDG file... and to users, regardless of their sophistication, BIN files all appeared the same, until you tried to extract the graphics or only one track, or... other functions, and they find that "a BIN file is NOT a BIN file is NOT a BIN file." MTU built many "error traps" to protect our users from BIN files that would otherwise crash early Microstudio versions.

Since MTU's incorporating charter in March 1977 (actually going back to my first company in Feb 1970) is to "Bring high technology down to application level", then it makes total sense for MTU to develop a format that protects users from the anomolies of file extensions that have multiple, conflicting content.

So, the KMA format is an extremely flexbile format, but I doubt you have bothered to even read our Hoster manual that explains the KMA format. It can contain MP3+G data, or ZIP, or BIN, or CDG (MTU's format versus BIN that is identical for audio+g), as well as taking CDG disc tracks and importing them directly to WMA+G, er... a la KMA native format. KMA files contain a header that stores Title, Artist, multiplex, duet, genre, sample rate, tracks, compression ratio, everything that some formats use, but more than others use... at least that existed in 1998 when we started on the KMA definition.

Now, if we allow other vendors to emulate our format, it is far more complex than you might imagine. Someone may produce a copy, but it will be inferior to MTU KMA files, which would reflect poorly on MTU's products that play KMA files. Furthermore, all the effort we have expended in polishing, advancing and protecting our format would be lost. That's not likely to happen.

I read the link you posted and found it to be a pipe dream that is like so many I have read in the past 37 years in business. It is proposed by someone who doesn't believe in copyright or patent laws to protect those who create, implement and market superior tools. It mentions the Ogg Vorbis format as one of these "open" architecture tools.  From everything I have read, OV violates several patents. As soon as any LARGE (i.e has money) company adopts this illegal format, you will see the courts go into action to collect the penalties, and put an end to this patent-infringing format also. There is no one who is making money on it now, so no one will fight for it. Like it or not, commerce works.

As to the OpenOffice format, I downloaded a free copy of this tool-set. I found that if you didn't want to do any "fancy" features, the basic structure works. However, as a word processor developer, I found the "Word" equivalent to be sorely lacking. I finally removed it from my computer as I never used it for any real work. I don't mind paying Microsoft for Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. That way, I have confidence that SOMEONE is fixing bugs, and adding new features. I and our team at MTU don't have to worry about programming out the bugs. We enjoy using professional tools, that we pay for.

Our web site store is based on OSCommerce. Two years ago a web master (who we terminated) installed the FREE OSC version on our site. What a mistake! We are now installing the CRE latest PROFESSIONAL version. We willingly PAY them money, because their PRO version works better, and saves us time. SInce we value our time, and that of our customers, we really don't put FREE stuff on our web server. We have more important things to do with our time.

It is clear that you think an engineered design, executed and polished over the years for users who constantly ran into problems with "other" formats is wrong and narrow minded. Thus, having stated the facts, I won't address your position again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:32 pm 

ya thanks for all your help ! =) i was able to sell the dvds for a little over 400 bucks.. yes im a criminal and one of you readers is too, so thank you all, now i can affort hoster !!! yey! see all it took was a little of imagination and a smart buyer =) hope ur like ur music, just shiped today =),,, dam there was a lot of ppl at the post of office... dam this tax payers... waiting to the last minute.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 15 times
I hope very much that one of the federal officers, or officers of the court who are members of this forum will follow up on this matter and put this guy in jail in the public interest.  I find his bragging about his thievery in a public forum outragous.