KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - bailing on sound choice Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
EMI is suing Sound Choice disputing the proper licensing of their tracks and well just read the case below especially page 15-17

Where it gets bad for the Gem licensee - you don't OWN the product - you LICENSE it from Sound Choice. Theoretically you could possibly have to turn your GEM series over for destruction if EMI prevails. I wouldn't take that risk, but it's a decision that a person has to make for themselves.

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2013/12/09/emi-vs-slep/

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:43 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Danny g I looked and I have 2- 8721 one is used-I will play it and make sure its good--will you go 15--you know it has that pesky data track

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:31 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Well ok, i didn't want to have to do this, but i know in terms of cash offers, i can't compete with anyone so..

For a set of Foundations and Bricks, i Can offer anyone interested $1000 if they are willing to take installments. That's almost 67% of the retail value, which is pretty fair for used discs in my opinion. If the person selling the set doesn't have 3 sets of one of the chartbusters 1-6 and wants to keep hosting, i will also throw 3 sets in in lieu of higher cash offers.

-James

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
BigJer wrote:
Where it gets bad for the Gem licensee - you don't OWN the product - you LICENSE it from Sound Choice. Theoretically you could possibly have to turn your GEM series over for destruction if EMI prevails. I wouldn't take that risk, but it's a decision that a person has to make for themselves.

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2013/12/09/emi-vs-slep/

4.5 years and counting and ZERO of the sky-is-falling warnings have come to pass. And believe me, there have been plenty.

They will raise your fees.
They will demand their return.
They will demand to see your financials.
They will take them back on a whim.
They will sue you.
They will change the terms of the agreement.
They will suddenly become illegal.

On, and on. Every few months there is another new one. I have heard from SC exactly ONCE since licensing Gem set #1. When they had the wrong address and wanted to send me an update disc. :lol:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
I'm sure as long as they win their EMI lawsuit you're fine. It just isn't resolved yet. If they win it, sure get it. It's a great product.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
if they win, everything will be ok. if they lose, then Bazza will be eating crow (i finally get to use that).
if EMI wins the GEM discs will have to be sent back since no GEM licensee bought any of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:21 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I will send them back if I can find them.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
chrisavis wrote:
Chris, I think your dog ate them didn't he ? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 118 times
chrisavis wrote:

And you were questioning MY honesty?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

birdofsong wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

And you were questioning MY honesty?

If you really want to do this......

My comment was tongue in cheek. I neglected to add the smiley face at the end to help distinguish between a serious comment and a humorous one, but I get the feeling you would have typed the exact same response even with the smiley.

I have posted pictures of my disc collection, shared my inventory spreadsheet, and been through the SC audit process where they saw not just the SC product, but everything I owned at the time.

You have yet to demonstrate that you actually possess any discs at all of any brand, much less the trove of Sound Choice you claim to have. No pictures, just claims. Not that you owe anyone any of that, but for a team that loves to dig up court documents and leverage those as "proof" to back up some pretty remarkable FUD, it seems a simple picture would settle the debate over your possession of any discs at all. Especially since you claim to not use Chartbuster or Sound Choice at your shows.

So yes....I do question your honesty.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:37 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
chrisavis wrote:
You have yet to demonstrate that you actually possess any discs at all of any brand, much less the trove of Sound Choice you claim to have. No pictures, just claims. Not that you owe anyone any of that, but for a team that loves to dig up court documents and leverage those as "proof" to back up some pretty remarkable FUD, it seems a simple picture would settle the debate over your possession of any discs at all. Especially since you claim to not use Chartbuster or Sound Choice at your shows.

And I have a feeling that if they were to produce a picture here to appease you, that you would claim it was a picture of a collection belonging to someone else (either taken from someone who had already posted a picture of their collection on the internet, or a picture of one of their fellow KJ's collection). Even if they were to take a picture with one of them in the picture, you could probably still accuse them of taking that picture from someone else's garage (or storage area).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

And I have a feeling that if they were to produce a picture here to appease you, that you would claim it was a picture of a collection belonging to someone else (either taken from someone who had already posted a picture of their collection on the internet, or a picture of one of their fellow KJ's collection). Even if they were to take a picture with one of them in the picture, you could probably still accuse them of taking that picture from someone else's garage (or storage area).

That is a side effect of being secretive. Transparency does wonders for trust.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:25 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 95 times
What's it cost to lease the Gem set?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:25 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 95 times

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
depends if you want all the sets. but the base cost for everything is $5000. You might be willing to find a KJ who will sell you their set for cheaper, who knows.. Also as i said if you contact the PEP they MAY be willing to give you a credit against any discs that you sell/return to them but don't quote me on that.

if you are really interested in getting a gem set to avoid the help program or if you don't want to go thru the certification, and you have a foundations and/or bricks that you would like to sell and put the money towards a set of GEMS see my previous offer and PM me.

-James

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

chrisavis wrote:
cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

That is a side effect of being secretive. Transparency does wonders for trust.

Just because I haven't dropped trou for you doesn't mean I'm in any way being "secretive." This is not "show-and-tell," although I often find your behavior here quite kindergarten like. My unwillingness to "show you mine," is not a product of dishonestly. It's simply a product of "I don't have time for this SH##, won't be bullied, and don't believe for an instant that I owe you SQUAT. Oh, and Cueball is right. Even if we did "put up," you wouldn't believe a damn thing anyway. Thank goodness I can still sleep at night know you don't think I'm telling the truth.

And by the way, the "FUD" all appears to be coming true.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
in Chris' defense...
for years you have been calling out SC for not "dropping trau" and showing proof of what they say they have. Chris is just asking you to do what you expect everyone else to do. if you are unwilling to do that, how can you honestly ask anyone to do it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

CafeBar wrote:

They have been put on sale for as little as $3000. Usually around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
in Chris' defense...
for years you have been calling out SC for not "dropping trau" and showing proof of what they say they have. Chris is just asking you to do what you expect everyone else to do. if you are unwilling to do that, how can you honestly ask anyone to do it?

This is exactly what I mean.

birdofsong wrote:
Just because I haven't dropped trou for you doesn't mean I'm in any way being "secretive." This is not "show-and-tell," although I often find your behavior here quite kindergarten like. My unwillingness to "show you mine," is not a product of dishonestly. It's simply a product of "I don't have time for this SH##, won't be bullied, and don't believe for an instant that I owe you SQUAT. Oh, and Cueball is right. Even if we did "put up," you wouldn't believe a damn thing anyway. Thank goodness I can still sleep at night know you don't think I'm telling the truth.

And by the way, the "FUD" all appears to be coming true.

Carry on.

bird - You may want to change your password. It seems someone else is posting on your account. That particular wording and style is significantly different from what I am accustomed to seeing from you.

It really boils down to what paradigm said - You get what you give.

That said, I am not interested in grilling you (or is it someone else?) on this. You will never provide proof of any kind and I am not really interested in debating you (or....).

Carrying on. (the best advise "you" have ever given)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
in Chris' defense...

I don't expect "everyone else" to do it. I don't care what you, Avis, Cueball, or anyone else has in their collection. If you say you are legal, then I will give you the presumption of innocence. I expect the same. Chris and other cheerleaders have been calling us out for years as though we are dishonest, when we have done nothing to deserve that label, as well as many others that have slapped on us (i.e. pirate...schlap yeti...etc.). The only reason SC has been called out specifically is because they are suing people for using their product. If you are going to sue for your product, you'd d@mn better make sure the product is legal in the first place, and I don't think it is.