KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - APi M-601 mixer for sale... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:47 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey All... This is my introduction post and a post to let everyone know I have a barely-used/practically new M-601 mixer from APi for sale on eBay.

I'm new to karaoke and karaoke hardware so forgive me if I say something wrong. My in-laws however are karaoke maniacs. Every aunt and uncle on my wife's side (she has 8) has a home setup. There is plenty of karaoke to go around at their parties (which is great).

Anyway, I'm selling the M-601 mixer that my wife's uncle bought recently. He opened it, set it up, & didn't like the way it sounded so he invested a whole lot more money in a higher end mixer. He's asked me to sell this for him now so I put it on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/APi-M-601-Digit ... 1111102706?

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll forward them to him. Thanks & nice to meet you all.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
jtl41917 wrote:
He opened it, set it up, & didn't like the way it sounded

Unfortunately these are the key words here.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:27 pm 

[quote="Lonman"][quote="jtl41917"]He opened it, set it up, & didn't like the way it sounded[/quote]
Unfortunately these are the key words here.[/quote]

Ya, well I figured it might sound great to somebody who's price point is $200 vs someone who is willing to pay $500+ like my wife's uncle did.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
jtl41917 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
jtl41917 wrote:

Ya, well I figured it might sound great to somebody who's price point is $200 vs someone who is willing to pay $500+ like my wife's uncle did.

$500+? You’re wife’s uncle paid too much then. The item sells for less than $300 brand new, sealed unopened box. You guys should contact your seller & ask to give you the $200 difference. :wink:

$270 https://laserworldkaraoke.3dcartstores. ... _p_48.html

$289 http://compare.ebay.com/like/1605669173 ... s&var=sbar

$299 http://www.acekaraoke.com/api-m-601-pro ... dOp65H4KIQ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:31 am 

Brian A wrote:
jtl41917 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
jtl41917 wrote:

$500+? You’re wife’s uncle paid too much then. The item sells for less than $300 brand new, sealed unopened box. You guys should contact your seller & ask to give you the $200 difference. :wink:

$270 https://laserworldkaraoke.3dcartstores. ... _p_48.html

$289 http://compare.ebay.com/like/1605669173 ... s&var=sbar

$299 http://www.acekaraoke.com/api-m-601-pro ... dOp65H4KIQ

errrr.... Sorry I wasn't clear. He bought this API-601 recently for $299 (I have his invoice copy). That seems to be the going rate. He decided that he wanted higher sound quality so was willing to pay $500+ for a higher quality mixer. He didn't tell me exactly how much more he paid though.

SO my point is, for somebody that isn't willing to pay $500+ for a mixer & is willing to accept this sound quality, this APi-601 seems to be a great deal because it's going for $199 where (as you pointed out) it generally sells for $270-$299.

The analogy is that somebody decided they didnt like the way their $25000 sports car performed so they spent $75000 on a higher performance one. It doesn't mean nobody should buy the $25000 sports car though (especially if they can get it for a 30% discount)!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 am 

Okay folks... The mixer didn't sell for $199 so I just relisted for $149. That's 50% off!

I won't reduce the price again. If it doesn't sell at this price I'll just have to set it up in our spare room so I can practice Journey and Billy Joel for our family parties!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... CA:US:1123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:49 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Good luck. You might get that, $100 would be a more fitting price however.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
jtl41917 wrote:
Okay folks... The mixer didn't sell for $199 so I just relisted for $149. That's 50% off!

Not quite. 50% off of $270 brand new free shipping is $135. Your new amount is $164 ($15 shipping added).

A friendly recommendation if I may - buyers look at items with free shipping. Something about that word ‘free’ that people (like me :) ) are more inclined to buy. I’m talking from experience; I’ve been an ebayer for over 10 years. List your item with a lower starting bid or $164 if you wish but at least with free shipping & include that word in your item description.

Also, don’t list it for 3; list it for 7 days. With at least one weekend you provide maximum exposure. I do 3 days only if it’s a high demand item & I need the money fast. Ending time: end it between 6-10 pm (not 5:51 am) it covers pacific, central & eastern standard time. Most buyers will be at home, back from work & they love to shop during their leisure periods.

If at present your item generates a bid, disregard my recommendation. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 am 

Thanks for the tips!