KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Original DK Karaoke set 1-99 for sale. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Lonman wrote:
I actually think Chip could verify or deny this as i believe he knew John K the DK president at the time.

Quote:
I have the set and they DO NOT have the flute. The flute was employed in the second go around and in the higher than 99 #'s The originals were sold with a hands off player. The discs were encapsulated as in a jukebox.

All of my 'original' 99 series did have the flute - these were bought in 91-92 era.

That is correct Lonman. We ran the 60-disc jukeboxes for a while. And I'd be very interested to see an entire set of dk's 1-99 that don't contain a flute.... There are a few tracks that don't, far more that do and a handful where it is waaay too obtrusive... (like the "The Rain, The Park...")

There was only one disc that you could ever even get close to stating as "recalled" and in that case it was simply a very small release of DK-14 that contained John Lennon's "Imagine." If I remember correctly, it was replaced with "The Name Game" or some such song... So If you have DK-14 with Imagine on it, you have a "real" collector's piece.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
My DK14 disk is the same as what is listed on KJPRO.com

Hound Dog - Presley, Elvis 1
Bad - Jackson, Michael 2
Delta Dawn - Reddy, Helen 3
Babe - Styx 4
Come Together - Beatles, The 5
Lady Marmalade - LaBelle, Patti 6
World Without Love, A - Peter & Gordon 7
Laughter In The Rain - Sedaka, Neil 8
Oh, Carol - Sedaka, Neil 9
You're So Vain - Simon, Carly 10
She's A Woman - Beatles, The 11
He's A Rebel - Crystals, The 12
Going To A Go-Go - Robinson, Smokey 13
Grandpa - Judds, The 14
Sweet Dreams - Cline, Patsy 15
Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Price, Lloyd 16
April Love - Boone, Pat 17
Honeycomb - Rogers, Jimmie 18

There is a DK set on eBay right now for about $1500

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
It's too bad that Amazon doesn't have a nice deal on them, like they did for the SGB set.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:58 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
It's too bad that Amazon doesn't have a nice deal on them, like they did for the SGB set.

It's only because the DK set was actually legally produced first off & the fact that most of them for the most part didn't suck secondly, and thirdly, they aren't made anymore so whenever you see a set is used & by a private seller.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Lonman wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

It's only because the DK set was actually legally produced first off & the fact that most of them for the most part didn't suck secondly, and thirdly, they aren't made anymore so whenever you see a set is used & by a private seller.

That doesn't make it any less unfortunate that Amazon doesn't have a cheap set.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Just stating WHY you'll never see a cheap set. Yes it is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Just keep an eye on eBay. I have seen DK sets that are missing a few discs go for as low at $400 and complete sets for as low as $600. Usually they are in the $1000 plus range but occasionally some will go for less. Also look for people who are selling there entire library. I have run across several where they are selling 1000 discs for $2000 and there is a full DK set included. That alone makes it worth the purchase price to break out the DK's and resell.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
If anyone happens to come across a DK Neil Diamond disk from the millenium series*1102 i believe*, could they please send me a pm. I have someone who really wants to buy one.

thanks

-James

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
That is so weird. That is one of the few DK discs that I own.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Sorry for the ‘resurrection’ of this old thread. Rather than start a new one I’ll just post a follow-up relevant question. Can someone direct me to dk 1-99 song list? All I can find was this one listed alphabetically. Looking for title tracks by discs. Thanks!
http://www.discjockeysunlimited.com/DKK ... isting.htm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
I'm sure you already though of this and I'm being dumb, but I'm going to toss it in anyway.:

If you use KJ Pro for your books, you can simply create a book, then select the 1-99 set and click them into it, then select the "by disc" option to print out the list that you need.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:48 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Sorry for the ‘resurrection’ of this old thread. Rather than start a new one I’ll just post a follow-up relevant question. Can someone direct me to dk 1-99 song list? All I can find was this one listed alphabetically. Looking for title tracks by discs. Thanks!
http://www.discjockeysunlimited.com/DKK ... isting.htm

http://lonmanproductions.com/dk_orig_list.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
If you use KJ Pro for your books, you can simply create a book, then select the 1-99 set and click them into it, then select the "by disc" option to print out the list that you need.

Thanks, Joe. Too much work. :) I want a ‘click to the link’ site. Truthfully, I have a second original copy of DK 1-99 complete set (home use) & time to part ways with. It will be listed @ ebay next week. The set is immaculate, as each & every discs were professionally polished using the JFJ Pro Disc Polisher, no imperfections, not even the "swirl" polish marks. Good as new.
I know, you guys will ask how much I want for it. Well, that's why I'm listing it @ ebay, no ‘buy it now”, start the bid at $500 & let the auction run its course for seven days, hopefully it picks up.
Lonman wrote:
Brian A wrote:
Can someone direct me to dk 1-99 song list?

Lon, that was really nice of you to provide the link to your website, but out of respect to you, I’m not gonna use your link for my ebay listing. Not for the intended purpose, but thanks anyway. Sure appreciate it. I think I’ll just use the one I have, songs listed alphabetically. Best regards, all! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Brian, if you want to send me a PM with the format you want the DK list in, I may be able to get it back to you by Sun Night. I am out of town but I can remote into my system and access my database to generate a list.

-Chris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) It depends on the condition of the set their value, naturally if they are in good to very good condition they could command a better price. The top price would go to a set never out of the box, but I snapped up the last one I know of when my local mom and pop shop went under and they had an order never picked up. I just paid the balance owed, since I bought most of my equipment from them at that time. Have a blessed day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:29 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Brian A wrote:
Can someone direct me to dk 1-99 song list?

Lon, that was really nice of you to provide the link to your website, but out of respect to you, I’m not gonna use your link for my ebay listing. Not for the intended purpose, but thanks anyway. Sure appreciate it. I think I’ll just use the one I have, songs listed alphabetically. Best regards, all! :)

You can save the pdf file if you right click the link I gave and "save target as" to your computer. Or you can click the link, then 'select all', copy & bring into a program like Access,Excel or Word (or any spreadshead or database program) and create your own file sorted however you'd like.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I’m not quite familiar with ebay restrictions on how long you can post for item description (hence, the click to the link comes to mind). Gotta inquire & find out. I have yet to learn how to create my own web link.

@ Chris: thanks for the offer but if there’s no page limit then I’ll take Lon’s advice, right click on his pdf file & go from there. Or learn how to create my own page link now that I can copy the song list from Lon's webpage. Thanks, all! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
I have a second original DK 1-99 complete set (home use) & time to part ways with. It will be listed @ ebay next week. The set is immaculate, as each & every discs were professionally polished using the JFJ Pro Disc Polisher, no imperfections, not even the "swirl" polish marks. Good as new.

FYI, if you have DK 1-99 in good condition that you consider selling @ ebay it can still fetch a great price. Just sold mine, started the bid at $600, sold for $1,225.00 (little added extra bonuses to sweeten the deal). http://www.ebay.com/itm/171017246389?ss ... 1559.l2649

Thought perhaps I’ll post the result as info to the naysayers :P – DK set still pretty much in demand!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Brian A wrote:
Brian A wrote:
I have a second original DK 1-99 complete set (home use) & time to part ways with. It will be listed @ ebay next week. The set is immaculate, as each & every discs were professionally polished using the JFJ Pro Disc Polisher, no imperfections, not even the "swirl" polish marks. Good as new.

FYI, if you have DK 1-99 in good condition that you consider selling @ ebay it can still fetch a great price. Just sold mine, started the bid at $600, sold for $1,225.00 (little added extra bonuses to sweeten the deal). http://www.ebay.com/itm/171017246389?ss ... 1559.l2649

Thought perhaps I’ll post the result as info to the naysayers :P – DK set still pretty much in demand!

It would have sold for more had I not fat-fingered my bid :)

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
It would have sold for more had I not fat-fingered my bid :)
-Chris

Now I know who didn't add more zeroes. :lol: good one, chris :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next