KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Wheeler Walker Jr.....Rated R Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
I can't wait for the first law suit where some female employee files a hostile work environment claim against her boss for singing: "F%ck You Bi*CH". LOL

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Some of the KJ's on this site on this site are so funny.. Your parents didn't like Elvis because of the way he swung his hips.. Then there was Prince and Darling Nikki or Tenacious D that my parents didn't like.. Then it was hip hop and their risky lyrics.. If some of you are stuck in 1940 or are fundamental Christians who preach hell fire and brimstone, that is perfectly fine. However, just because you do not like it doesn't mean that everybody else is wrong. One of my shows has an older crowd where I wouldn't dare play anything that would offend them. Not even a song with cursing in it. Other shows have a younger crowd and love to dance to hip hop and sing whatever they want. Honestly, as far as their concerned, the vulgar music keeps the older people out of the bar instead of inside, hitting on the young girls. Times they are a changin'. Thankfully, there are hole in the wall and dive bars that are perfect for the conservative minded KJ. And that is not meant as an insult. I love hole in the wall and dive bars.. They keep most of us well taken care of..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
My club doesn't allow f bombs or n words while on the mic, not my choice but I abide by their rule. 27 years now, never been an issue

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Karaokedude69 wrote:
Some of the KJ's on this site on this site are so funny.. Your parents didn't like Elvis because of the way he swung his hips.. Then there was Prince and Darling Nikki or Tenacious D that my parents didn't like.. Then it was hip hop and their risky lyrics.. If some of you are stuck in 1940 or are fundamental Christians who preach hell fire and brimstone, that is perfectly fine. However, just because you do not like it doesn't mean that everybody else is wrong. One of my shows has an older crowd where I wouldn't dare play anything that would offend them. Not even a song with cursing in it. Other shows have a younger crowd and love to dance to hip hop and sing whatever they want. Honestly, as far as their concerned, the vulgar music keeps the older people out of the bar instead of inside, hitting on the young girls. Times they are a changin'. Thankfully, there are hole in the wall and dive bars that are perfect for the conservative minded KJ. And that is not meant as an insult. I love hole in the wall and dive bars.. They keep most of us well taken care of..

I am in talks with an upscale place that I am certain is going to insist on it being family friendly. No dive bar or hole in the wall here. Haven't talked price but it's definitely not going to be my normal pricing. But it's going to be refreshing change from the no holds barred shows that I have done in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
I've listened to quite a few of Wheeler Walker Junior's songs and I found them to be quite funny. The vulgarity doesn't shock me when I'm listening to it in the privacy of my own home. I just don't think that his material belongs in your typical karaoke environment. Of course there will be some exceptions and if I found myself in one of those establishments, I would more than likely enjoy the show. I have said it before. There is a time and place for every kind of entertainment. That being said; If I'm at an Italian Restaurant on karaoke night, I wouldn't want a male stripper to come out on stage and take his clothes off while singing Rhinestone Cowboy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:48 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
KV just released "F**k You B**ch"! Love that song! Can't wait to sing it at my next show!! Haha.. Honestly, it will run the prudes off, but the prudes kill your show anyway.. They sing the same damn slow songs every week.. Anyway, I bought the track so they keep them comin'.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
I just saw KV released F*** You With The Lights On by Wheeler Walker Jr..Keep them coming KV!!!!!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
interesting to see this thread back.
i now have 5 Wheeler Walker songs in my rig that only goes to the VFW, American Legion, and Eagles.
only 1 in each of the other 2 rigs that go to regular bars.
seems older conservative folks are his main staple.