KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:02 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
I know it sounds pretty stupid to go to a karaoke.net thread to get requests...
my apologies for that.

But please submit more requests:
1) Must not already be available on karaoke
2) Do not waste the studio time on songs that are "NOT" Karaoke friendly

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:49 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
But please submit more requests:
1) Must not already be available on karaoke
2) Do not waste the studio time on songs that are "NOT" Karaoke friendly

1) Why must they NOT be on karaoke, how about tracks that have been made and not longer available from defunct manufacturers - even Sound Choice themselves would fall into THAT category with TONS of stuff they 'had' produced (that was exclusive to them - at least at one point) that is still highly sought after but no longer available anymore? Or songs that the UK manufacturers cannot legally sell here in the states that are highly sought after?

2) And who determines what is and isn't 'karaoke friendly'? What may be very much sought after and wanted in one area may be a dud in another - which goes for a high majority of all songs produced. SC USED to be the best company to put out the obscure.

Why am I even debating this with you? lol If it happens, they make songs I actually want - i'll probably buy. If they make a few dozen tracks of stuff I don't want/need - then I don't buy them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
If my business model was to sue venues for settlements, then I'd certainly do the very same thing that PEP is doing....

Making more B.S. promises to gullible KJ's

in order to get their show info...

so that my staff can snoop them out on the net...

and make a list of their venues.....

and when we have enough in any single area...

we can sue the venues for quick settlements.

And as was mentioned before, even Harrington (who has been reprimanded more than once for unethical practice) has jumped ship.

Wake up cousinvinnie... PEP has worked very hard to earn this mistrust and blatant distrust of their actions in this business.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I've been supporting Sound Choice since the beginning, If the pirates didn't (@$%&#!) everything up for them, everything would be fine.

They are a business and they are still in business. They got with Pep to put a stop to piracy... anyway, we've all heard it all in the last 7 years. we don't need to remind each other.

The KJ's that complain obviously have something to hide. Most of us are KJ's on a professional level and have no issues, so why continue.

Sound Choice jumped through many hoops along the way and we should embrace the fact that they are alive and kicking and "in production"

Like Lonnie says, If they produce good or bad songs it is our choice to buy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
Poison In The Well - 10,000 Maniacs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:14 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

They are a business and they are still in business. They got with Pep to put a stop to piracy... anyway, we've all heard it all in the last 7 years. we don't need to remind each other.
Well I wouldn't put the blame on all 'pirates', i'd put the blame on them falling behind the times to start with and not licensing downloads to begin very early on when it was becoming evident that is what kj's actually wanted, this is part of the reason pirates started pirating their material to begin with because the songs they wanted weren't available for a reasonable cost. They had a good thing going with their custom disc site through Clark in Australia (a little more expensive than others but at least offered the choice of getting what you wanted) and that ended too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Lonman wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

Well I wouldn't put the blame on all 'pirates', i'd put the blame on them falling behind the times to start with and not licensing downloads to begin very early on when it was becoming evident that is what kj's actually wanted, this is part of the reason pirates started pirating their material to begin with because the songs they wanted weren't available for a reasonable cost. They had a good thing going with their custom disc site through Clark in Australia (a little more expensive than others but at least offered the choice of getting what you wanted) and that ended too.

this....
and....
they are not in the karaoke business anymore and have not been for a long time.
they did not "get with PEP", when Kurt was getting sued by the big boys, he sold Slep Tone to himself as a different company to avoid the gallows. Kurt IS PEP.
never once have they claimed to be trying to put a stop to piracy, actually the opposite is true. they have on many occasions stated this is just about getting money.

if they do what i have been suggesting for nearly 7 years now:
produce the right songs
on time
in the preferred formats of HOSTS
available a-la-carte
at a reasonable price ($3 max per song)
and no other hoops (memberships, audits, kissing the ring, etc.)
then I, and many others here would buy from them.
but to date they have not just ignored those ideas, but flat refused and lied about the reasons.
now that karaoke.net has proven their reasons to be lies, they are stuck.

if they do so, i would buy, but i will not pre-pay for something that won't materialize (many on here got bitten by that already)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
I for one, even though I have supported Kurt's right to at least go to court to recover some of the money lost from piracy, even though they have gone after the wrong people because running a computer is just too hard by just looking at the fact that they are running a computer to tell whether or not they have discs to back the songs up, I am not holding my breath waiting for them to start production again. It's been too long and too many false starts for me to believe that they actually will. That said, the days of my purchasing discs just cause they are out there are gone. Unless the song is not available for download, I will not waste money on any more discs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

earthling12357 wrote:
Poison In The Well - 10,000 Maniacs

Your song has been submitted. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
I've been supporting Sound Choice since the beginning, If the pirates didn't <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> everything up for them, everything would be fine.

Please check the legal records. You'll find that your heroes Sound Choice have been sued for pirating HUNDREDS of songs. The last batch was the "gem series" they were sued for.

Therefore, you are SUPPORTING a pirate.... ever think about that?

cousinvinnie wrote:

Wrong again. Slep-Tone Entertainment was a business. PEP was started in 2014 and NEVER, EVER have they claimed they were in "business to stop piracy."

cousinvinnie wrote:
The KJ's that complain obviously have something to hide. Most of us are KJ's on a professional level and have no issues, so why continue.

That's a pretty blanket statement. So tell me why I haven't been sued Vinnie? I'm probably the "loudest complainer." You'd think I would be "easy pickin's" for them..

cousinvinnie wrote:
Sound Choice jumped through many hoops along the way and we should embrace the fact that they are alive and kicking and "in production"

Why are you believing them? Because "they said so?" They haven't produced a damn thing in 8 years and you're ready to believe every word they say? Wake up Vinnie... Smell the roses... Even their own attorney has quit....

By the way, the are not "in production" even by your standards. They are simply asking for suggestions.. just like they did before, when they did NOTHING but end up refunding a bunch of money.. I have produced more karaoke songs for sale over the last 8 years than they have.

Did YOU send them money for the "Advance" program to help them with production?
Where is their studio?
What songs are they working on?
Will they only be available to controlled licensees?
What will it take for you to realize they've lied before and they're most likely lying again?
You can't answer these questions and they WON'T. But you're welcome to find that out for yourself.

cousinvinnie wrote:
Like Lonnie says, If they produce good or bad songs it is our choice to buy.

So quit trying to sell the idea and do some research about the people you are blindly cheering for. I think you'll be surprised if you do, but it's easier to stand on the sidelines and cheer loudly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
I've been supporting Sound Choice since the beginning, If the pirates didn't <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> everything up for them, everything would be fine.

I supported them from the beginning as well. That doesn't mean I continue to support them when there is nothing to support. Piracy didn't mess everything up for them. Unfortunately, piracy exists in all aspects of music and movies. It's pretty much a cost of doing business. I don't like it and I don't support it. But the producers that survive rise above it and plow on. Those that let it control them end up dead like SC.

cousinvinnie wrote:

What are they in business doing? You realize that to keep their trademarks relevant they must show they are actually in the business they say they are in. It could very well be that making a few tracks to say they are producers is a requirement for continuing their current business model.

cousinvinnie wrote:

I don't complain. I don't KJ so I have nothing to hide. I state opinions based off of what is presented to me. If they were still making quality music in a form I could acquire easily for a price I could afford, I would be their biggest cheerleader.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

so what the (@$%&#!) is everyone's problem with Sound Choice? You also support from the beginning yet, they make a small detour in their business model and you just absolutely must hate them for it. Oh well to each his own.

On another note, Sound Choice is liking our submissions coming in and they could not choose a better place than to ask the Pro KJ's moving forward in the business.

Keep the requests coming in !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
so what the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> is everyone's problem with Sound Choice?
well, they have not said a single truthful thing to anyone here in 8 years. not one.
they have sued non pirates and ignored 100% of the reported pirates (ask ... most of us have reported and not one of those reports has been followed up on in 8 years)
this is now the 4th time that i am aware of they have been "getting the band back together" and asking for song requests...nothing.
cousinvinnie wrote:
You also support from the beginning yet, they make a small detour in their business model and you just absolutely must hate them for it.

a small detour? 8 years of nothing but suing non pirates and ignoring their customers is a small detour?

on another note, those complaining have something to hide?
my SC cert date is 11/2010 and CB is 01/2011....i guarandamntee yours are much later than that if you even have them. don't say i have anything to hide.

cousinvinnie wrote:
On another note, Sound Choice is liking our submissions coming in and they could not choose a better place than to ask the Pro KJ's moving forward in the business.

Keep the requests coming in !!!

just like last time.
by the way, did everybody actually get all their refunds from their last failure?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

My wife & I and maybe others see something that others don't see:

I'm not the "Karaoke Police" but my wife and I attend many karaoke shows in the off season travelling world-wide and visiting karaoke bars in Canada, USA, Europe, UK, Cuba, Mexico, Greece, Spain, China and others and honestly we see 99% including "Certified karaoke hosts" still using unauthorized use of their products offered.
"Technical Infringers" are huge in today's music world "Even Certified ones"

Sorry to say and I don't want to mention names but Certified KJ companies having only one set of disks and having multiple shows on the same night's with multiple kj's working under a "single company name" SORRY BUT MULTI-RIGGING to me is considered "George Thorogood" (Bad to the bone)

99% If Pep wanted to continue suing, the market is huge and wide open enough to make them multi-millionaires in just a few short months.
Leave them alone and move forward in 2018 on a positive note.

On another note:
Keep those submissions coming in and let's work together as a team in this "Karaoke Network".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
My wife & I and maybe others see something that others don't see:

I'm not the "Karaoke Police" but my wife and I attend many karaoke shows in the off season travelling world-wide and visiting karaoke bars in Canada, USA, Europe, UK, Cuba, Mexico, Greece, Spain, China and others and honestly we see 99% including "Certified karaoke hosts" still using unauthorized use of their products offered.
"Technical Infringers" are huge in today's music world "Even Certified ones"

Sorry to say and I don't want to mention names but Certified KJ companies having only one set of disks and having multiple shows on the same night's with multiple kj's working under a "single company name" SORRY BUT MULTI-RIGGING to me is considered "George Thorogood" (Bad to the bone)

99% If Pep wanted to continue suing, the market is huge and wide open enough to make them multi-millionaires in just a few short months.
Leave them alone and move forward in 2018 on a positive note.

On another note:
Keep those submissions coming in and let's work together as a team in this "Karaoke Network".

Define unauthorized use. For multi riggers to be certified, they must have presented discs to cover all of their systems otherwise they won't have the certification for even one system. Once all of their systems are audited and certified, they have permission to add any discs that they didn't have to the system while taking pictures of the newly acquired discs and reporting to PEP once they exceed I believe that it's 2% additional amount of songs or discs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

Keep in mind that a tremendous amount of KJs have very few assets for PEP to try and acquire. A $100,000 judgement is worthless if the defendant has nothing. SC tried the lawsuit thing and I would bet they netted very little after expenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:21 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Cousinvinnie:

Ask yourself why isn't PEP here making these announcements and asking for requests THEMSELVES? If it's as rock-solid a marketing platform as you think it is, who from PEP is going to take the marketing director's (Harrington) place?

Why aren't they here and why are you asking for them?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The reason why they themselves do not come on is that everytime one of their official reps come into the forum since they started their legal campaign, everyone who disagreed with it jumped on their case whenever what they said either didn't come to fruition or their actions proved otherwise. I have been a supporter of SC for years and have bought their products and will continue to buy them on the second hand market if I get a request for a song that I can't get elsewhere. But even I can't support the sue them all and sort them out later approach that they have taken.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next