KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - "She" from Green Day Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: "She" from Green Day
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
I've been getting a few requests for this song lately... "She" By Green Day.

Someone had said they sang it at someone else's karaoke show, but I can't dig up a listing for it anywhere. As a download or in my list creator.

Of course, I'll put in a request for the song in the correct topic, but does ANYONE have a copy/version of this song? If so what disc is it on so I can at least try and find it!

Thanks!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: "She" from Green Day
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Good luck with finding it since Green Day is on the no fly list. If it's out there you might have luck but I highly doubt it. It's probably a YouTube video and those are not legal to use at paid shows.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
It's definitely on YOUTUBE. There are no swipes but the music is there. It's made by Carpool Karaoke, according to the post on youtube.There are a couple of homemade versions out in pirate land as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Good luck with finding it since Green Day is on the no fly list. If it's out there you might have luck but I highly doubt it. It's probably a YouTube video and those are not legal to use at paid shows.

I've been to karaoke shows where the KJ used videos from youtube the entire show. Nobody came crashing through the door to put hand cuffs on the Kj and carted him off to jail. The same people who post these ridiculous warnings are the same ones that have been using unlicensed tracks from brands like SGB, All hits, and Music Maestro for years. If you've got a singer at your show who wants to sing a song that is only on Youtube; take the big risk and let him sing the damned song. There are plenty of KJ's out there that are working for cash money and never pay a penny in taxes on that income but they're going to draw the line at not playing a youtube video???? puh-leasse!!!! I just love the "HOLIER THAN THOU" types on this board. According to Jimmy Harrington; 95% of all KJ's are pirates anyhow. Do you think the pirates who have downloaded 300,000 songs for free are worried about playing a youtube video? WAKE UP FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Sorry but like Chip's stance on not using Sound Choice, I choose to reduce the risk for me and the venue that I am at by not using YouTube, however small that may be. I am certain that if a Sound Choice investigator saw one of their songs and it turned out to have been played off YouTube, they would have something to say and you know that they will sue you at the drop of a hat. Besides unless you have a working copy of Siglos, dragging the browser over to the singer's monitor is a totally blatant action and very unprofessional. I tested the ability of Siglos to play the songs that were off YouTube and it failed miserably. Over half of the songs that I tried to use it either blacked out the stream option or would not download the song.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The song in question in this thread is a song that was never produced by Sound Choice. If I made a karaoke version of this song, which I have done , and decided to put it up on youtube; I certainly wouldn't be looking to file a law suit against someone who downloaded it to their hard drive and played it during their karaoke show. I'm not that petty but I am that helpful. If someone were to ask me nicely, I would even e-mail them the CDG file that I created so they could play it through their usual karaoke software. I'd rather be a YIELD sign than a STOP sign to people enjoying karaoke.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
The song in question in this thread is a song that was never produced by Sound Choice. If I made a karaoke version of this song, which I have done , and decided to put it up on youtube; I certainly wouldn't be looking to file a law suit against someone who downloaded it to their hard drive and played it during their karaoke show. I'm not that petty but I am that helpful. If someone were to ask me nicely, I would even e-mail them the CDG file that I created so they could play it through their usual karaoke software. I'd rather be a YIELD sign than a STOP sign to people enjoying karaoke.

It's people like you that is responsible for enabling pirates to kill the karaoke industry.
I view You Tube karaoke as bad as loaded hard drives because it enables Pirates to drive down prices for the legal karaoke operators who pay for their songs at market rate.
I call You Tube Karaoke users that get paid for bar shows as much a pirate as those using loaded hard drives. I think that I am going to start flagging any Sound Choice or send links of those songs that are on You Tube to PEP and see if we can hamper the You Tube uploaders a bit by forcing You Tube to pull the videos down.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

THAT'S ALL WELL AND GOOD THAT YOU WANT TO HELP SOUND CHOICE COMBAT PIRACY ON YOUTUBE. Sound Choice has a legitimate complaint. You do not. If my version of SHE by Green Day is used by someone at their show; I'm just happy that someone got to sing a song that they like. I don't sell my karaoke tracks. I give them away. I don't make any money from them so Green Day isn't getting cheated out of any percentage they would be entitled to if I were selling thousands of copies of the song. I think that most of the artists that are on the no-fly list are there because they feel that they weren't getting their fair share of the profits. They just don't want people making money off of their work without getting paid.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
There are a number of songs that simply do not exist in karaoke land because either they were not popular or profitable enough at the time. I sing a number of these. It is one thing to create your own for your own use, it is another to pull from you tube etc.
Most people will run with illegal material, or you tube, or karafun with the home license figuring the odds of getting busted are slim. Personally I won't do that BUT, I will bluetooth YOUR PHONE's audio into my system if you really want to sing to your favorite you tube video while holding your phone and a mic....:)
I am now simply a sound re-enforcement provider and not supplying the content you the singer are using. I do not encourage this but have had to do it a few times.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

screamersusa wrote:
There are a number of songs that simply do not exist in karaoke land because either they were not popular or profitable enough at the time. I sing a number of these. It is one thing to create your own for your own use, it is another to pull from you tube etc.
Most people will run with illegal material, or you tube, or karafun with the home license figuring the odds of getting busted are slim. Personally I won't do that BUT, I will bluetooth YOUR PHONE's audio into my system if you really want to sing to your favorite you tube video while holding your phone and a mic....:)
I am now simply a sound re-enforcement provider and not supplying the content you the singer are using. I do not encourage this but have had to do it a few times.

That is somewhat interesting but do you have any control over who can connect to your computer via Bluetooth. I would be afraid that while I am playing off my hard drive that someone could start a song off of their phone and interrupt the singer that is presently singing just because they either hate the song or the singer.
I would almost consider getting a Bluetooth receiver that I can plug into one of the channels so that I can turn the channel's volume all the way down,my mixer doesn't have a mute button on any of the channels.