KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - iCroons...................... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Has anyone noticed that Sunfly USA is now part of the iCroons catalog?? That is a nice little development.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:07 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Interesting, however, I find that iCroons does not capture a BUNCH of legitimate karaoke sources like Karaoke.net, All Star, and several others. Anyone else noticed the same?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
ctlw83 wrote:
Interesting, however, I find that iCroons does not capture a BUNCH of legitimate karaoke sources like Karaoke.net, All Star, and several others. Anyone else noticed the same?

That's because they're not interested in becoming an affiliate with Latshaw, the developer of iCroons. Affiliate meaning when someone clicks through a song to a website on icroons, Latshaw get a kickback.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
ctlw83 wrote:

I thought that they already we're linked to Karaoke.net?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
ctlw83 wrote:

I thought that they already we're linked to Karaoke.net?

they are.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:59 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Karma (Windows) and also KJams (Windows, Mac) Both have Karaoke.net. It's just a matter of time when Sunfly will also be available through the software as another integrated store.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Karma (Windows) and also KJams (Windows, Mac) Both have Karaoke.net. It's just a matter of time when Sunfly will also be available through the software as another integrated store.

Umm Karma itself, the last time I looked didn't have a store built into it. You had to use Icroons. Now MTU Hoster has karaoke.net integration into its software plus a link to Karaoke Version's website. Before Hoster, I would go to Icroons just to see if a song was available on Karaoke.net or Karaoke Version but I never clicked on the link. I went directly to the karaoke websites to make the purchase. No way I am giving any of my money to Latshaw.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
all software has access to icroons and Karaoke.net.
i don't get the point of integrating it into the software as being some big selling point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:33 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
all software has access to icroons and Karaoke.net.
i don't get the point of integrating it into the software as being some big selling point.
Being integrated into Hoster is kind of cool because it's not a download and have to add manually to the database, it's automatically adds into the database and search without having to do anything else. Wish Karaoke Version was integrated too...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:08 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Lonman wrote:
Being integrated into Hoster is kind of cool because it's not a download and have to add manually to the database, it's automatically adds into the database and search without having to do anything else. Wish Karaoke Version was integrated too...

Not that I have used the download feature for a while, but have they stopped the XYZ123 being added for the brand or disc id, i forget what it was but found that very annoying last time i tried it out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I have never seen XYZ and have been using it since 08. When I do download it was always with a disc id and number that I named the file it as I download along with artist and title (ie LMPDL158-12 Kiss - Cold Gin) & have the import to recognize it automatically so it puts in the correct disc ID when i'm adding it to the database. Brand is always manually named but comes up blank until you add something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:09 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Lonman wrote:
I have never seen XYZ and have been using it since 08. When I do download it was always with a disc id and number that I named the file it as I download along with artist and title (ie LMPDL158-12 Kiss - Cold Gin) & have the import to recognize it automatically so it puts in the correct disc ID when i'm adding it to the database. Brand is always manually named but comes up blank until you add something.

This will be my last post because I don't want to hijack the topic or this forum to make it about software, but just realised where I got the idea from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr81S9m5YuA

This is what put me off using the auto add feature, I add all my downloads manually in the method you describe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

GenerationX wrote:
Lonman wrote:

This will be my last post because I don't want to hijack the topic or this forum to make it about software, but just realised where I got the idea from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr81S9m5YuA

This is what put me off using the auto add feature, I add all my downloads manually in the method you describe.
Oh that was also a 4 year old video, yes I believe they rectified that issue.