KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Selections Add to your show Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I've always said it's not how many you have, it's whether you have what the singer is looking for. And with todays download ability, a large selection for bragging rights is moot point. I'm only at 20K individual tracks this year, this is after 23 years of buying and the majority of these are carefully selected purchases - I do love when singers come out and say I have more they actually want to sing than the guys around boasting 100K or more tracks in their systems. It was harder in the disc days, but back then I wouldn't even buy a disc if it didn't have more than half on it that I didn't already have and if it was a disc that had majority of the songs I had, it would have to be a special request. The last few years have made it so much easier (as you all know) to buy single requests and have probably bought close to around 3000 singly requested tracks since 2012. Since 2014 I have tried to buy all I can from any celebrity artist that recently past - requested or not (this is for my own reasons). 2016 definitely kicked my (@$%&#!) in that respect!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i am just over 15k songs but i got lucky buying out a retiring host of all his discs for a steal. my second and third rigs are well under 10k but i get the same thing, people telling me i have songs that others don't.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:02 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
There are pros and cons to both sides....buying songs by requests....maybe the only one to ever sing it would be the one who asked for it and may only sing it once and it never gets done again.
Top 20 selections....a lot of people may not know these selctions but do to air play stands a chance of being done....again it may or may not be done
Regardless of which way you choose to pick you new selections .there is no perfect way to do it. You run the risk of them getting sung a few times..or not at all...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
I look at it this way. If you have 20 people in a certain part of town who will come out to just one bar you play, just one night when you are there, that's a $200 night show.

Multiply that by 50 weeks you gross $10,000/off those 20 people meaning you could vies each one of those people as being worth $500/year to you.

$500/year buys a lot of downloads, even if they only get sung one time,

Downloads seem well worth buying for every customer to me because you never know who is going to turn into one if those key 20 people for you.

Those customers who never come back still aren't going to hurt you very much in terms of cost.

But those customers who do keep coming back and asking you to buy downloads are who are probably going to help you a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:24 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I just received my monthly downloads....111 songs april 2017 + 80 Reggae..although I really don't care about the reggae stuff oh well. My Monthly Sub ends next month so I will be returning to buying single downloads or back to getting Mr Entertainer CDs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

monthly subscription for downloads? who offers that?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:44 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

GeminiMALE40 wrote:
There are pros and cons to both sides....buying songs by requests....maybe the only one to ever sing it would be the one who asked for it and may only sing it once and it never gets done again.
Yep, and that is much better than buying all the current stuff on the hopes it MIGHT get sung once - and chances are that they may never get sung. At least I made one customer happy that very night.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:47 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
monthly subscription for downloads? who offers that?
I know Zoom has been offering more current stuff once or twice a month. Mr Entertainer I believe offers something every month. I do not know of any same type 'subscription' services like back when CB, PHM, THM or even SC was offering them. Most of those doing so cannot even sell 'directly' to the states, you have to go through 3 party retailers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

JUST ADDED 139 SONGS FOR MY JULY KARAOKE DOWNLOAD..AT 25.00 PER MONTH ..IT NOT BAD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Nice very illegal looking site to download from since most of those companies they are selling are US restricted (and Sound Choice (including 8125) tracks which have NEVER been authorized for download sites) plus full hard drives loaded. Way to support the pirates their skippy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I am just over 20,000 tracks but I didn't take out the duplicates from that number. But for the most part for the last three years, I have been doing special requests mostly. The last three CDGs were to update my list into 2017. I guess that I discovered that even doing it legally, one can get a decent selection of songs in a short period of time. In 2010, I was stuck with about 2500 songs after I discovered that I wasn't legal anymore. So amassing 20,000 songs in less than 7 years isn't doing too bad. And I get a few compliments on the quality of my library vs at least one of my competitors. I think that he has gotten three versions of Girl Crush and none of them can hold a candle to my version of which I only have one copy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

GeminiMALE40 wrote:
JUST ADDED 139 SONGS FOR MY JULY KARAOKE DOWNLOAD..AT 25.00 PER MONTH ..IT NOT BAD

are you !@#$%&* kidding me?
do you really believe any of that music is legal?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Clearly, he doesn't care if it's legal or not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

djdon wrote:
Clearly, he doesn't care if it's legal or not.

ok you are way out of line...yes I do care ..nothing has been proven that they are not..when and if it is..i wont buy from them anymore...
But also it is just as illegal to buy sunfly cds and zoom cds..when they have made it clear they don't want US to buy there stuff unless it is offered ..and I know some of you have been buying sunfly because I have seen the post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

They sell Sound Choice and Chartbuster tracks for download and verified with Jim Harrington they are not authorized in any way shape or form to do so is a pretty good indication that it's an illegal site. The 2nd indication is they sell fully loaded hard drives with no original discs to go along with them another indication it's an illegal site. The thirdly the newer tracks they sell are all from companies that are prohibited by publishers to sell anything in the US in download form (and some even in disc form) and lastly there are no legal kj pools where you can pay a monthly fee to download unlimited content (doesn't legally exist).
So by supporting them yes you in fact are supporting piracy....period!
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
But also it is just as illegal to buy sunfly cds and zoom cds..when they have made it clear they don't want US to buy there stuff unless it is offered ..and I know some of you have been buying sunfly because I have seen the post
The manufacturers are prohibited to sell directly to the US, there is not an issue with a KJ buying an original from a 3rd party vendor and using the tracks. Still - that is a FAR CRY from a blatent website SELLING all the material in download form (and loaded hard drive - this should be an indication they are pirating to begin with for any rational person) that isn't even supposed to be sold in downloaded form in the US for ANY reason - especially from Sound Choice (again any rational person would know right off the bat this site is illegal from them selling these tracks alone).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

The karaoke no fly list means they don't want you singing their songs but if it is offered buy someone are you going to get it regardless of the no fly list..the answer is yes..
THEN GO THRU YOUR SONGBOOK AND REMOVE ALL ARTISTS THAT ARE ON THE NO FLY LIST FROM YOUR BOOK...will..you??? no
because you will say..well at one time they were being offered..
that not the point
ARTISTS ON THE NO FLY LIST DONT WANT YOU SINGING THEIR SONG
then why don't you respect their wishes and remove their songs from your book

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

GeminiMALE40 wrote:
The karaoke no fly list means they don't want you singing their songs but if it is offered buy someone are you going to get it regardless of the no fly list..the answer is yes..
THEN GO THRU YOUR SONGBOOK AND REMOVE ALL ARTISTS THAT ARE ON THE NO FLY LIST FROM YOUR BOOK...will..you??? no
that not the point
The no fly list has nothing to do (well maybe a small handful like Henley) of artists not wanting people to sing their songs, it mostly has to do with publishers and companies that screwed them in the past so they are pulling their artists from future sales - has absolutely nothing to do with what has been released in the past nor does it mean kj's have to pull that content since it appeared on the no fly list.

But again - supporting an illegal site to get your songs is much different than buying a legitimate disc from a 3rd party vendor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
that not the point
The no fly list has nothing to do (well maybe a small handful like Henley) of artists not wanting people to sing their songs, it mostly has to do with publishers and companies that screwed them in the past so they are pulling their artists from future sales - has absolutely nothing to do with what has been released in the past nor does it mean kj's have to pull that content since it appeared on the no fly list.

But again - supporting an illegal site to get your songs is much different than buying a legitimate disc from a 3rd party vendor.

they don't want third party vendors selling them either

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

LOL, WOW! That's all I have to say if you even remotely think that buying a legitimate disc from a 3rd party is the same as buying from an illegal supplier in all facets. WOW! :roll: Ok you justify your illegal site and continue to purchase anyway you like, just do not promote it here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
LOL, WOW! That's all I have to say if you even remotely think that buying a legitimate disc from a 3rd party is the same as buying from an illegal supplier in all facets. WOW! :roll: Ok you justify your illegal site and continue to purchase anyway you like, just do not promote it here.

I have not.... nor would i promote a illegal site..enough said..next topic