KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My Wife The Dancer by Engelbert Humperdinck Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:40 am 

Been Liked: 2 times
Hey Everyone

I have been searching for quite some time now for a karaoke version of this song but I am certain now that one does not exist. The song itself is very unknown. From what I have gathered it was originally recorded by Eddie & Dutch in 1970 then performed by Engelbert on the Dean Martin Show later that year and released on the album 'We Made it Happen' also that year.

The majority of people I speak to have never even heard of the song and some of these guys have been singing for over 50 years. I have emailed a few companies about having it custom made but because it features a full orchestra plus flute and violin solos it would cost a fortune to make.

I have suggested the song on karaoke version but I cannot see it getting many votes because it is so unheard of. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get this song made? This is one of my favourite songs and I think it would be really great to sing on karaoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeV0APIEar4
This is the song on youtube. Have a listen for yourself.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 21 times
aboyfromnowhere,

Go to the current topic: Karaoke.net Song Requests - All Genres Welcome!!!

And request your song... I had never heard it, but will second your request, and maybe others will take a listen, and vote, and help get the Manufacturer to consider making it available to the Karaoke fans that may purchase it for their clients to enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:57 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Aboyfromnowhere wrote:
Hey Everyone

I have been searching for quite some time now for a karaoke version of this song but I am certain now that one does not exist. The song itself is very unknown. From what I have gathered it was originally recorded by Eddie & Dutch in 1970 then performed by Engelbert on the Dean Martin Show later that year and released on the album 'We Made it Happen' also that year.

The majority of people I speak to have never even heard of the song and some of these guys have been singing for over 50 years. I have emailed a few companies about having it custom made but because it features a full orchestra plus flute and violin solos it would cost a fortune to make.

I have suggested the song on karaoke version but I cannot see it getting many votes because it is so unheard of. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get this song made? This is one of my favourite songs and I think it would be really great to sing on karaoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeV0APIEar4
This is the song on youtube. Have a listen for yourself.

as someone else suggested, go to the karaoke.net request thread and post your request. In addition KSF has already stated that if there was a song that was not financially feasable but they could get the licensing for, they would be willing to split the cost with someone who is willing to pay to have the song produced.

If you can get one or two people to agree, then you might be able to come up with enough to have the song produced by them. No guaruntees, but worth considering..

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
There are places on line that will make a custom backing track for about sixty dollars. Then all you have to do is either memorize the lyrics or get someone to sync/author the lyrics for you. As long as you don't intend on selling copies of the karaoke track, you'll probably be safe from any lawyers looking to cash in on your profits. Good Luck.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:27 am 

Been Liked: 2 times
Thanks for the replies guys

Quote:
jclaydon wrote:
In addition KSF has already stated that if there was a song that was not financially feasable but they could get the licensing for, they would be willing to split the cost with someone who is willing to pay to have the song produced.

This is valuable piece of info to know. I'll get in contact with them.

There must be somewhere that suggestions are made for karaoke-version because there is some very rare songs available on there. For example they have a cover of Song Sung Blue by Bobby Darin on there. That song was a live performance in 1972 and was not released onto an album until 2004. The site creates songs based on how many votes the song gets. I find it very hard to believe that alot of people voted for this song.

Does anyone know of anywhere there is a discussion as to which songs are voted for on karaoke-version?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:08 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
There used to be voting groups but haven't seen one since KV changed the way there votes are handled.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile