KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Zoom Pop Chart Picks Release for 2016 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:06 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
it's actually "PUT YOUR LIPS ON MY DICK AND SUCK MY @$$ HOLE TOO."
just saying :mrgreen:

songs this overt are few and far between thankfully, though i do have this one done on occasion and have yet to have anybody leave or mention it. 90% of the bar usually watches the lyrics and laughs.

what get's done and is banned, IMO, is a matter for the venue, not me.
i won't NOT go to a show that bans "obscenities" because of it, but i have gone to a show that would not allow "My Give A Damn's Busted" because of the word damn. to me that is over the top and is a show that i WONT go back to...what else won't be an option...

Damn? Yeah that is a little over the top. Ours are mainly F Bombs & N words are the primary no no's - there are SOME other exceptions in which the way something might fall into some vulgar context but those are few and far between - and no I can't think of anything off hand.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
The average karaoke show these days has a song library of a couple hundred thousand songs. THEY HAVE SO MANY SONGS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO PRINT OUT SONG BOOKS ANY LONGER, because it would cost a small fortune and weigh a ton. If someone's first question to the KJ is "DO YOU HAVE ME SO HORNY" that patron is not someone that I would want at my show. It's just a matter of time before he's asking to sing Total Eclipse of the Heart and he will invariably turn it into the Dan Band version. I don't need that crap at my shows. Some people are just looking for trouble. They are bound to insult someone's sensibilities and a fight will ensue. I was at an outside Tiki bar in Florida one time and the KJ let a woman sing "SHORT DICK MAN". FOUR TABLES QUICKLY PAID THEIR TABS AND WALKED OUT. They made a point of calling the hotel management to let them know that they would never stay at their hotel ever again. The KJ was fired and the woman who sang the song and her husband were banned from the venue. Is it worth it just to make some people uncomfortable? Not to me it isn't. If you don't have the ability to sing a song that won't offend someone then you should join a bowling league or a dart league where they don't give you a microphone. There may be some venues where the adult language songs are common place and accepted by the crowd but my bet would be that they are few and far between. If there was a place like that; I'd try my best to avoid it. I really enjoy listening to people sing their favorites songs on karaoke night. I can handle adult language quite easily in it's proper place. I've seen many comedians over the years who are famous for their bad language and enjoyed their shows immensely. I don't think that Chris Rock should walk into a family restaurant on karaoke night and start singing 2 Live Crew but I'd pay to see his show live at the Apollo Theater.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:21 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Last night we had two guys signing "The Whisper Song" by the Ying Yang Twins... :roll:

Turns out, there is a fully X-Rated version of that song, and they sang THAT instead of what was on the screen. Some people sang along, others took a smoke break. The bar owner and I gave each other looks. Didn't lose a single person over it. Yup it was over the top, but such is life....

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:51 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Part 5 is due in later today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401368695640

Malibu - Miley Cyrus
Attention - Charlie Puth
Sweet Creature - Harry Styles
Slow Hands - Niall Horan
Your Song - Rita Ora
The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody) - Bebe Rexha feat. Lil' Wayne
I'm The One - DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil' Wayne
Save Myself - Ed Sheeran
Unforgettable - French Montana feat. Swae Lee
Most Girls - Hailee Steinfeld
Eyes Closed - Halsey
Swalla [For Solo Male] - Jason Derulo feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Nicki Minaj
Mama - Jonas Blue feat. William Singe
Bon Appetit [For Solo Female] - Katy Perry feat. Migos
Swish Swish - Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj
Lust For Life - Lana Del Rey feat. The Weeknd
Strip That Down - Liam Payne feat. Quavo
Perfect Places - Lorde
Pretty Girl [Cheat Codes x Cade Remix] - Maggie Lindemann