KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Zoom Pop Chart Picks Release for 2016 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
TopherM wrote:
What I have learned from this thread is that Rick Astley is still making music! Who knew??

Rick's been appearing on British TV quite a bit recently, singing his old songs and promoting his new album. Not sure if he's actually selling any though :lol:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:36 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
KBKaraoke wrote:
We mainly deal with Zoom, Sunfly and Mr Entertainer these days. I'm never sure whether it's OK to post all the new releases or whether it's classed as advertising, but I'd be happy to keep you updated if it's OK.
Might be worth advertising on this site? I am betting many really don't know you sell discs to the US! Willing to bet many kj's don't know that. Then you could post (i'm pretty sure) all new releases if you wanted!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:06 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

2017 Part 3 is now in stock, not quite so many new songs as usual as Zoom wanted to get the CD out with more Ed Sheeran tracks as quickly as possible in a similar vein as with Adele last year.

They've included 3 Acoustative tracks to fill the disc.

http://ebay.com/itm/401304689166

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Zoom also has their 2017's out 1, 2, & 3 available on their website.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:21 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Any word on when Part 4 of the 2017 PCP collection will be available, or what will be included?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
WolfmanDan wrote:
Any word on when Part 4 of the 2017 PCP collection will be available, or what will be included?

Release date: May 31, 2017 Zoom Karaoke Pop Chart Picks Hits of 2017 Part 4 http://www.kingsbridgekaraoke.co.uk/cat ... art-4.html

Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios
Bruno Mars - That's What I Like [Explicit]
Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson - Symphony
Drake - Passionfruit
Ed Sheeran - Dive
Ed Sheeran - Hearts Don't Break Around Here
Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times
Julia Michaels - Issues
Kasabian - Comeback Kid
Kygo feat. Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
Lady Gaga - The Cure
Lorde - Green Light
Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour
Rag 'n' Bone Man - Lay My Body Down
Rag 'n' Bone Man - Skin
Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
Chainsmokers feat. Emily Warren - My Type
Train - Valentine
Zedd feat. Alessia Cara - Stay

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Wait...

I thought Zoom went censored.

Bruno Mars - That's What I Like [explicit]??

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:10 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

MtnKaraoke wrote:
Wait...

I thought Zoom went censored.

Bruno Mars - That's What I Like [explicit]??

I queried this with Zoom last week, apparently they still had complaints on the Part 3 disc - even though swear words had been removed, there were still some less offensive lyrics left in.

Because of this they have put the explicit tag back on, again the swear words have been removed but the Bruno Mars track references "(@$%&#!)", "pimp", "sex by the fire" etc. which some may find offensive if purchasing the disc for children.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:13 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Obviously not censored enough if I can't mention one of the words on here. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
easy enough to edit out the offending words yourself if you really feel that strongly about it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

And this is how the slide down the slope gains momentum...

Who is complaining? How many of them?

Tag the track as explicit and leave it alone.

Children are not the market.

The responsibility to keep the content away from children lies with the parents, not the karaoke company.

This is ridiculous. I don't need someone to protect me from bad words.

Maybe Zoom should create a new line of "Safe Space Snow Flake" karaoke and see what kind of interest they can generate.

I'd rather they produce un-edited tracks and allow the adults to make their own decisions regarding what will be played/sung.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

THERE ARE OTHER VERSIONS OF THE SONG THAT HAVE THE WORD A$$ STILL SPELLED OUT. I listened to the radio edit of the song and that is the only word that is "bleeped" out. If you need the word A$$ displayed on your screen; just buy the SBI version or the Sunfly version or the BKD version. If you don't want to see the word A$$ displayed on your screen; buy the ZOOM version. If someone is that familiar with the song they will sing A$$ at the appropriate time in the song. Lonnie's shows don't allow any adult language at his location so maybe there is a place for the ZOOM version. Live and let live people.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm not really concerned about which words are displayed.

I don't have any real desire to display the one "bad" word or not.

My point is more about censorship and altering the artist's work based on complaints.

Why are those complaints so important, especially if people are going to sing the word anyway?

I say make them both, censored and un-censored and let me have a choice. That would make sense when you consider that they're gonna tag the file [explicit] anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If the guy who owns ZOOM karaoke feels strongly about not displaying explicit language; it is up to him to decide. Ask your self this. Is it better to have a song that has a word censored or not have the song at all? The owner of ZOOM could just decide not to create any songs that have explicit lyrics at all if he wanted to. Better to have half a loaf than no loaf at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I was buying more of the latest Zoom BECAUSE of the censoring of words that are not allowed in our club.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:16 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Zoom have confirmed we should have these by tomorrow, the disc is now listed on eBay as well as our website which Brian kindly linked to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401334118637

MtnKaraoke wrote:
Who is complaining? How many of them?

Tag the track as explicit and leave it alone.

Children are not the market.

The responsibility to keep the content away from children lies with the parents, not the karaoke company.

I have no idea how many complaints there were, I just passed on the information I was given.

With the continuing decline in disc sales and the ongoing problem with download availability, the new discs have to be aimed at both professional and home users alike and the fact of the matter is that a significant proportion of home users buy the chart discs for their children.

It's been a while since I did any hosting myself but from personal experience, if a track has bad language changed and the singer knows the original they are just as likely to sing the original as they are the altered version anyway (if the host allows it) so it shouldn't make too much difference to the KJ I would have thought.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just offering my opinion. I don't like censorship or restriction. That may or may not have an effect on the situation and that's alright with me.

That being said... I buy the product. I also buy the competitors' products. Given the choice, at a public (adult) show, I'll play the unaltered track every time. That is because I don't have to worry about any restriction or children in that environment.

To each their own.
Live & let live.
I'm OK, you're OK.

PG the world with me.
Swear and we'll kill this puppy.
You've mortified my morals.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've been at a karaoke show with a very mixed crowd where someone thought it would be funny to sing a 2 Live Crew song called: "ME SO HORNY". THERE'S A LINE IN THE SONG THAT GOES LIKE THIS: "PUT YOUR LIPS ON MY DICK AND LICK MY (@$%&#!) TOO. Personally, I don't think those lyrics belong in a bar where men might be there with their wives and or daughters. I have never had the desire to sing anything like that in over 20 years of attending and hosting karaoke shows. I think that you should go to a karaoke show and show a little respect for everyone else who is there. If you came to one of my karaoke shows and the first song that you decided to sing was "ME SO HORNY"; I wouldn't allow anyone to sing that song or any other song at any of my shows. Someone else might allow it and that is their right to do so. I just think that someone who wants to sing a song like that is just trying to upset my apple cart and I don't need that at my show. Your mileage may vary.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:33 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
... If you came to one of my karaoke shows and the first song that you decided to sing was "ME SO HORNY"; I wouldn't allow anyone to sing that song or any other song at any of my shows. Someone else might allow it and that is their right to do so. I just think that someone who wants to sing a song like that is just trying to upset my apple cart and I don't need that at my show. Your mileage may vary.

I can respect that. It's your show, and you make the rules (or the Venue makes the rules, and you enforce them). I've been to some shows where there is censorship, and some shows where there has not. I've also been to some shows where songs like that were not permitted until after a certain hour. It's not a deal-breaker for me wanting to attend your show.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
it's actually "PUT YOUR LIPS ON MY DICK AND SUCK MY @$$ HOLE TOO."
just saying :mrgreen:

songs this overt are few and far between thankfully, though i do have this one done on occasion and have yet to have anybody leave or mention it. 90% of the bar usually watches the lyrics and laughs.

what get's done and is banned, IMO, is a matter for the venue, not me.
i won't NOT go to a show that bans "obscenities" because of it, but i have gone to a show that would not allow "My Give A Damn's Busted" because of the word damn. to me that is over the top and is a show that i WONT go back to...what else won't be an option...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next