KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - PHM Releases new "Roll Your Own Karaoke" product Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:04 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
Cueball: When you copy and paste lyrics from various sites; you never know what they will look like once you paste them into a "Notepad" document.

Sometimes they wind up being double spaced which causes the end user to have to delete each empty line, to bring the lyrics together with out any extra spaces. In many karaoke making programs, an empty line is an imstruction to start a new page so if you used lyrics that were double spaced, you would only get one line of lyrics per page. This would be considered a crappy bunch of lyrics. This is a situation where Bastiat might call it a ONE STAR Rating.

Sometimes you paste the lyrics and there are just too many words on each line so you have to break the lines up into more managable sections with maybe only 3 or 4 words on each line.

Sometimes the lyrics get pasted and there are no breaks or empty lines at all so you have to put in the empty lines yourself to break up the pages.

Sometimes you just get the wrong words in a few spots but everything else is spaced out perfectly and ready to be authored except for those few spelling mistakes. Those types of lyric groups might be consoidered a 4 star group of lyrics.

If you are lucky enough to find some lyrics that copy and paste just the way you would have set them up yourself; those lyrics might be considered a 5 star group of lyrics.

It's a little bit subjective but hopefully it gets the point across. Every now and then, you can't find any lyrics to a particular song and you have to listen to the song as it plays and type out the lyrics manually. The main problem with this merhod is that some lyrics are very difficult to hear clearly when being sung at regular speed so you may wind up with what you think you heard as opposed to what is actually being sung. ie. "excuse me, while I kiss this guy"

This episode has been brought to you by the letter K for karaoke. ;c)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:29 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
I remember hearing "Sail" by AWOLNation on a viral video a while back, and thought, "man, that song would just kill at my shows." Luckily, PHM had just put out a version, the first to do so. I bought it, and like I predicted, the song caught on like fire amongst my regulars. It was being sung once a night for a few months. And every time it was sung, people would come up and ask what the song was. That sort of thing can happen, karaoke can be a great tool for song and artists exposure. I'm insanely curious as to who the artists are who have been approaching you for for karaoke-ification, Bastiat :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:36 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
The only bad thing I could foresee is one would HAVE to know the song - for one to know if the lyrics are correct, the correct amount of lyrics (some of the lyrics sites will say something like repeat chorus & not actually type it again, or repeat 10x). I don't listen to the newer music to the point that i'd absolutely know if the swipes were correct or not - in the right place or coming in at the right time.
I do have the Jan RYOK on order and it should be here because I am very curious as well.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:00 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
I would like to hear what people think of RYOK after they have used it...please let us know

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I am loading the RYOK Software and looking at the tracks now. Info in a separate thread later.

-Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
After reading Chris's post in the other topic thread he opened (about his "Test Drive" with the new RYOK), I thought of another question. This question is strictly for those of us who are DB KJs (Joe, use whatever term you like, your show is still DB).

Will you (PHM/Stellar/Sing It Now) provide us with a blank pre-labeled disc (for each themed set of song tracks purchased (Country, Pop, Urban)) containing the Manufacturer's Logo (so that it looks just like the other CDGs you currently have for sale)? With the exception of custom song tracks which I ordered in a downloaded format and had to burn to disc, and some of my original CDGs which I am using a burn instead of the original (to either preserve my original, or in the case of the Sing It Now discs (from about 3 years ago) because of playback problems from your switch to burning instead of pressing discs), I am using OMD (as Joe would say). I would like my library to look professional, and if I have to make up my own labels to stick onto discs that I may burn as a result of using your RYOK product, they will look like I went to some free download site and just stole the tracks. I am not very artistic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:55 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Yes they come with pre-labeled blank discs to burn your new cdg's to (make sure to follow the order as they are listed on the disc as well) - 3, 1 Pop, 1 Urban, 1 Country! I got my pack today & will try to get to playing with it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:04 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Another question... Do you have to purchase an entire set (Country, Pop, and Urban), or can you just get one?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I Know the Jan have just come out..but most of these songs I already have..not being rude but when will the Feb releases be out..just wondering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I want to take the time to thank Tom - President & Ceo of Stellars Records for Calling me. It was a very interesting 45 min chat..in which he explained a lot of things about the RYOK and his vision.
Im not totally sold with RYOK but they do care about their customers....Thanks tom for taking time out of you day..it ment alot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
I want to take the time to thank Tom - President & Ceo of Stellars Records for Calling me. It was a very interesting 45 min chat..in which he explained a lot of things about the RYOK and his vision.
Im not totally sold with RYOK but they do care about their customers....Thanks tom for taking time out of you day..it ment alot

I have ALWAYS been impressed with the level of customer service that stellar has provided. Tony *i forget his last name now* once spent an ENTIRE afternoon on the phone, to explain why they couldn't give permission for me to format shift my cds andwhy the karaoke industry in general was such a mess back in the days when I was writing every single company that I could. And the coolest part was when I first called to return his message, he actually said to hang up and he would call me, so I didn't have to pay the long distance.

They were the only one that actually responded..

-James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 38 times
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Forum, Gemini. Companies that offer this level of customer service deserve to be on top of their game. I too am unsure about Roll Your Own Karaoke but I truly hope Stellar make a success of it, and will be able to reap the rewards of their hard work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I am looking forward to future revisions of RYOK where we have a little more control over things like backgrounds, final formats, wipe styles, etc.

Until then, so long as the music they release is relevant and requested, I am willing to do some extra work for the tracks.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:49 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Tom said there updates coming for RYOK and also great respect for lonman on this forum 'Lonman seems to have a great understanding of karaoke and gives good advice" quote from tom..thought I would share

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:50 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 38 times
Completely agree re Lon, the man seems to be a walking karaoke encyclopædia... or a songbook!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:57 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
Tom said there updates coming for RYOK and also great respect for lonman on this forum 'Lonman seems to have a great understanding of karaoke and gives good advice" quote from tom..thought I would share

Can't wait for the updates, it would be really nice to get at least one usable song out of my purchase.. *sigh*

-James

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:51 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

should be ready any month now. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:48 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
Thanks all for the nice accolades. I'm sorry I've been a bit MIA lately but we've been overwhelmed with just about everything. The next release of Beethoven will be pretty cool. It will no longer be using Karaoke Lyrics Editor to create the cdg files. Karaoke Lyrics Editor is really the biggest problem with the whole package. The new editor displays a media screen allowing the user to actually pause the track, insert the cursor right into the media screen and make edits to the lyrics.

Lyrics handling is also a lot smarter. When lyrics are placed into the lyrics editor, Beethoven will analyze the lyrics for things such as repeating choruses and will automatically duplicate them throughout the entire song. There are other improvements for lyrics handling as well. The display will now be vertically centered instead of at the bottom of the screen. We have an overwrite mode on our list of ToDo's but don't know if we'll able to make it for the next version. Our ultimate goal with the software is to make the process as easy and transparent as possible while still providing the user with full editing capabilities and customization that is not currently possible with fixed CD+Gs or Mp3+Gs. We would like the end user to be able to put the RYOK disc into the drive, call up Beethoven, enter the lyrics, press the button go make the coffee then come back a few minutes later with a completed disc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:55 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
February 2014 Releases for RYOK

I guess there's little need to let everyone know just how late we are in getting the February releases to market. We are currently placing the Feb titles into production and if anyone has anything that they would like us to consider, by all means make your suggestions known. Hopefully by the time we receive any suggestion it won't be too late to place into production for February, but if so it still could make it in the March release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:29 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

IT'S A "SHORE THING" by Luke Bryan

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next