KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice ACTUALLY came out with new music Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
So Sound Choice actually came out with 11 new tracks, and they sound really good. I had my doubts for sure, but am glad to see they kept their word. They say they are coming out with new songs from now on! I'm excited!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:04 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Too bad they can't sell as individual tracks. Out of all released so far, there is 1 i'd want strictly for the graphics as mine is just an instrumental Styx - AD1928/Rockin The Paradise. Otherwise I have most everything else already except for the no name bands which I have no desire for anyway.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
Yeah they're not going to be getting my business because I have decided to go with a buy on the fly approach from now on. Haven't totally decided on the player, with the exception of ruling out completely Compuhost for a couple of reasons. Even if their new method is opened up to certified, right now you either have to have the Help plus license or the GEM Series license. Neither one at this time appeal to me.I am actually ready to get rid of my CD drive and not bother with discs at all anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:19 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Just remember this:

For the last 10 years, the SoundChoice business model has been to sue KJ's and venues. That was only a viable model as long as the unknowing could be intimidated into paying them. That tactic ran out with KJ's, venues and even more importantly, the court system.

It's looking to me like their release of what they call "new music" is simply a method to seed the market with more lawsuit bait so they can sue for copyright infringement in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:20 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
That's great news but they really need to adjust their marketing skills.

$10/month is just not worth it. I'd rather pay $5.00 per track and own it. Let me know when BUY & Download is available.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
That's great news but they really need to adjust their marketing skills.

$10/month is just not worth it. I'd rather pay $5.00 per track and own it. Let me know when BUY & Download is available.

Even if the individual buy and download was offered, I still wouldn't buy because I have gone to a buy on the fly only model for my new song acquisitions policy. I am not even bothering with subscription services because I want to have my new songs available to me whether or not the download sites pull them or not. I don't want to tell a singer that it was here last show but not available for the next show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:28 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Where do you purchase the songs at?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Rev1274 wrote:

That's just it right now there are three ways to get the new content.
Compuhost subscription
Help license
GEM Series
Right now the certified and original disc users are out of luck. Supposedly the certified hosts are supposed to be in the works but I am not holding my breath. I am a certified host so right now my only option is the Compuhost subscription which I refuse to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Rev1274 wrote:

Compuhost subscription
Help license
GEM Series
Right now the certified and original disc users are out of luck. Supposedly the certified hosts are supposed to be in the works but I am not holding my breath. I am a certified host so right now my only option is the Compuhost subscription which I refuse to do.

If you don't want to use the new tracks, that's fine but please stop posting in-accurate information.

1. Certified hosts were NEVER excluded although many did think that because they were never mentioned in the original emails. What the emails said is that all LICENSED hosts are eligible for new music. If you are certified, you are licensed which means you are eligible.

2. Soundchoice/PEP has found a way to get the MP4 videos to everyone who is eligible now you don't need the subscription from Compuhost anymore

3. PEP/Soundchoice has changed their policy slightly. The ONLY way you will lose any files that you are using is if you break your agreement, or if you stop paying the yearly fee. The files cannot be taken away for ANY other reason, INCLUDING if they lose the licensing to distribute them

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jclaydon wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Rev1274 wrote:

Compuhost subscription
Help license
GEM Series

If you don't want to use the new tracks, that's fine but please stop posting in-accurate information.

1. Certified hosts were NEVER excluded although many did think that because they were never mentioned in the original emails. What the emails said is that all LICENSED hosts are eligible for new music. If you are certified, you are licensed which means you are eligible.

2. Soundchoice/PEP has found a way to get the MP4 videos to everyone who is eligible now you don't need the subscription from Compuhost anymore

3. PEP/Soundchoice has changed their policy slightly. The ONLY way you will lose any files that you are using is if you break your agreement, or if you stop paying the yearly fee. The files cannot be taken away for ANY other reason, INCLUDING if they lose the licensing to distribute them

Then why isn't there a section for those who are certified to acquire the tracks. When that finally happens then I will stop considering them discriminating against the certified hosts. Their only legal option without putting out there that they are criminals just because they ripped their discs is to be forced to use Compuhost adding close to 6000+ duplicates to their library.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

334 Sound Choice songs are not worth paying 129 a month for songs that I already paid for. I would rather take them completely off of my drive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:18 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
jclaydon wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Rev1274 wrote:

Then why isn't there a section for those who are certified to acquire the tracks. When that finally happens then I will stop considering them discriminating against the certified hosts. Their only legal option without putting out there that they are criminals just because they ripped their discs is to be forced to use Compuhost adding close to 6000+ duplicates to their library.

Again, certified hosts ARE included under the all inclusive term 'licensed user". Everyone who wants the music has to go thru Brian. All they have to to is call and ask for a contract. You do not have to use a compuhost subscription, and I know this for a fact because I don't use compuhost, I use PCDJ's karaoki

If you don't believe me, then talk to Brian, he will tell you the exact same thing. My agreement says GEM licensee, but if someone who was certified signed an agreement, i'm pretty sure it would say Certified licensed commercial operators.

I already told Brian that I think their literature should be changed so that it's more clear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:28 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
334 Sound Choice songs are not worth paying 129 a month for songs that I already paid for. I would rather take them completely off of my drive.

That would be ridiculous, I agree. But that has nothing to do with the new music. At least not anymore.

Have you actually tried talking to Brian since you've already proven that you had the discs, they might be willing to grant you an exception. Never know until you ask

-James

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jclaydon wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
jclaydon wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Rev1274 wrote:

Again, certified hosts ARE included under the all inclusive term 'licensed user". Everyone who wants the music has to go thru Brian. All they have to to is call and ask for a contract. You do not have to use a compuhost subscription, and I know this for a fact because I don't use compuhost, I use PCDJ's karaoki

If you don't believe me, then talk to Brian, he will tell you the exact same thing. My agreement says GEM licensee, but if someone who was certified signed an agreement, i'm pretty sure it would say Certified licensed commercial operators.

I already told Brian that I think their literature should be changed so that it's more clear

They don't have a contract for the certifieds as of the last time I talked to Brian and he hasn't gotten back to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:41 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
karaoki offers subscription licenses for karaoke cloud pro and also Party Time karaoke within their software? and also for their MAC software LYRX

Attachment:
pcdj.jpg
pcdj.jpg [ 117.37 KiB | Viewed 46223 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
karaoki offers subscription licenses for karaoke cloud pro and also Party Time karaoke within their software? and also for their MAC software LYRX

Attachment:
pcdj.jpg

Party Tyme is also offered on Hoster.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
The average KJ today has between 100,000 and 200,000 songs in their library. Do you really think that 18 new Sound Choice tracks are going to affect their shows in any way? If a singer comes in and asks for one of those 18 songs; you just tell them you don't have that song and they'll just pick something else. What percentage of your library will 18 songs be? .009% Not exactly a deal breaker.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

KJKILLER wrote:
The average KJ today has between 100,000 and 200,000 songs in their library. Do you really think that 18 new Sound Choice tracks are going to affect their shows in any way? If a singer comes in and asks for one of those 18 songs; you just tell them you don't have that song and they'll just pick something else. What percentage of your library will 18 songs be? .009% Not exactly a deal breaker.

Or you check on whether or not they are available for purchase anywhere else and buy on the fly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Karaoke Version came out with 1793 new songs during the year 2018. I really don't think they have a thing to worry about when it comes to Sound Choice's juiced up production schedule.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
KJKILLER wrote:
The average KJ today has between 100,000 and 200,000 songs in their library.

Let me rephrase that.

The average KJ today has between 100,000 and 200,000 songs in their pirated library.

I've been buying karaoke tracks since 1992. I have a little less than 50,000 total tracks, including downloads and recent disc purchases. I have about 27,000 unique titles. Now, I'm not the biggest karaoke junkie here by any means, but if a KJ says they have anywhere NEAR 100,000 tracks, with VERY few exceptions I can almost guarantee those tracks were not purchased legally.