KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Legal "Digital" Karaoke Tracks on Disk Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Good thing eBay/PayPal have buyer protection.

so....curious...
did you mean that you bought a loaded hard drive, or that you are challenging Bastiat's threat of suit?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Bastiat wrote:
Lonman wrote:
But I still get told all the time I have songs that Joe Blow down the street doesn't even have, and he has over 500,000 tracks.

Wow! Either that guy is the smartest businessman on the planet for being able to affordably acquire 500,000 legal tracks and still earn a profit from his business, is the dumbest businessman on the planet for investing large sums of cash he'll never see a return on, OR most if not all of his tracks were acquired illegally. Hmmm ... call me crazy, but I'm thinking it's the latter. :?

Don't know if it's an even close to accurate count, that is just what the singers 'claim' and they still can't find songs in their book that I have.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Bastiat wrote:

If ever I discover that I have masochistic tendencies enough to produce music again for karaoke, it would be on a much smaller scale. (BTW I still do produce music, but mostly original stuff for royalty free bumper music for the podcast market and some EDM, but that's another story). I'd probably only do one disc per month of 9 or so of the hottest songs in the pop, rock, country and urban genres, the original Top Hits Monthly formula.

Can I work for you swiping tracks if it ever comes to fruition???? :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:44 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Back then, that was an awesome marketing plan to offer 3 genres (3 separate disks) 18 tracks each with 9 being vocal tracks. and also sold like a subscription. it was brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Bastiat along the lines of different versions, how about making different duet versions of the duets so that singers who really want to sing the song don't have to go and find someone to sing it with them. Case in point, Zoom has a male solo of Meat Loaf's I'd do anything for love. I actually have versions for You Don't Bring Me Flowers, one is a male solo, another is a female solo and the third is the actual duet. I did it using Karaoke Version's audio tracks and the Karaoke version of the song.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I actually have versions for You Don't Bring Me Flowers, one is a male solo, another is a female solo and the third is the actual duet. I did it using Karaoke Version's audio tracks and the Karaoke version of the song.

Interesting story on this. Of course Neil Diamond recorded his version. Sometime later Barbra Streisand, who was with the same label as Diamond, recorded her version. Word has it, she used the exact same instrument tracks as Diamond. A local DJ in my home town mixed the versions together and we heard that version first. In that version, there were no actual harmony parts. Popularity spread and the label got both of the artists together and remade the vocals yet again using the same instrument tracks only this time there are harmonies.

So there is good reason to have those three versions!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

MrBoo wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
I actually have versions for You Don't Bring Me Flowers, one is a male solo, another is a female solo and the third is the actual duet. I did it using Karaoke Version's audio tracks and the Karaoke version of the song.

Interesting story on this. Of course Neil Diamond recorded his version. Sometime later Barbra Streisand, who was with the same label as Diamond, recorded her version. Word has it, she used the exact same instrument tracks as Diamond. A local DJ in my home town mixed the versions together and we heard that version first. In that version, there were no actual harmony parts. Popularity spread and the label got both of the artists together and remade the vocals yet again using the same instrument tracks only this time there are harmonies.

So there is good reason to have those three versions!!

Basically I bought the Karaoke video duet version and copied the video part and renamed them for the audio track being used.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Yeah, I figured. I just think it's interesting how the duet came about.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Bastiat wrote:
But hell, who wouldn't want to hear a reggae version of I Will Survive? :P

I love purchasing songs that is outside of the norm. I like it when a fast song is made slow or a slow song is made fast, and as you mentioned, I love it when a song is made in a completely different genre. I've requested this type of different songs from several of the current manus. I think it makes singing this type of different songs a lot more fun!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:46 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Bastiat along the lines of different versions, how about making different duet versions of the duets so that singers who really want to sing the song don't have to go and find someone to sing it with them.

I think we may have done that already as bonus tracks on a few releases. Also we did offer Pop Hits Monthly Singles on CD back in the late 90s or early 2000s. There were at least 5 different versions of a song on the single. The karaoke version, the multiplex version, an instrumental version (i.e. a saxophone playing the lead line), a version sans background vocals and in the case of a duet, there was a version with lead singer 1 only, and a separate version with lead singer 2 only. They were priced at $5 each, but the market rejected them. Maybe they were too expensive, or maybe there isn't enough demand for that many versions, but in the end we only did this for a few months before we dropped the line. Heck if you can find one they're probably a collector's item. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:
Can I work for you swiping tracks if it ever comes to fruition???? :D

Sure as long as you can demonstrate that you prefer swiping to sticking pencils in your eyes. :lol: Actually it was pretty easy to do with the stuff that we released. We actually swiped everything to the original recording well before the track had been recorded and mixed. Everything was tempo mapped to the original recording so the swiping lined up perfectly but sometimes we'd have to add a few seconds of silence to the beginning of the audio to allow for the splash screens to develop before the lead vocal came in. If the delay was too long we would actually create an introduction to the song. For some reason I want to say we needed somewhere around 11 seconds prior to the first vocal being sung.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

bazinga wrote:
I love purchasing songs that is outside of the norm. I like it when a fast song is made slow or a slow song is made fast, and as you mentioned, I love it when a song is made in a completely different genre. I've requested this type of different songs from several of the current manus. I think it makes singing this type of different songs a lot more fun!

So what is your opinion, regarding your clientele. Would any of your clients be interested in trying a slow version of a fast song or a reggae version of ballad, etc., or do you think you'd be the only one interested in doing something like that?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 21 times
Most of us probably get 10 to 1 requests for the Fugees version of "Killing Me Softly (With His Song )", as opposed to the Roberta Flack version... at least, I do! ( YouTube Lori Lieberman Version ) Who was chronologically first to record it... Who Knew?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Good thing eBay/PayPal have buyer protection.

so....curious...
did you mean that you bought a loaded hard drive, or that you are challenging Bastiat's threat of suit?

No Sir. But I did contact the seller again about those PHM yearly disks I purchased from eBay for verification on those disks.

Also just letting everyone know that eBay/PayPal will give you 100% refund if any of the products sold are Fake or Unauthorized products sold on the eBay site.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bastiat wrote:
bazinga wrote:

So what is your opinion, regarding your clientele. Would any of your clients be interested in trying a slow version of a fast song or a reggae version of ballad, etc., or do you think you'd be the only one interested in doing something like that?

After they hear a different version of a song, such as a fast song that is sung slower, many singers come up and ask me what other songs do I have that's a change of pace. I thought it was just me, but many of my singers love it too!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Rikki Tikki Karaoke wrote:
Most of us probably get 10 to 1 requests for the Fugees version of "Killing Me Softly (With His Song )", as opposed to the Roberta Flack version... at least, I do! ( YouTube Lori Lieberman Version ) Who was chronologically first to record it... Who Knew?

Exactly! I think it's more than 10 to 1 requests for the Fugees version. In fact when someone comes up to sing it the whole room is singing "one time" lol

It would also be awesome to get a version like the Fugees with the title "Killing Me Softly (With Her Song)" just for the guys lol I'd buy it for sure!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I got asked where on Earth did I get the Accoustic version of Livin' on a prayer by Bon Jovi, the first time I sang it because they liked how it was arrainged. I like it because I don't have to sing the high parts of the original, even though I am very capable of doing so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Acoustic version of Livin' on a prayer by Bon Jovi ? ?

Where?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hey guys, I just found this listing for the Party Pack Volume 1 (Normally $65.00) but you can get all 3 disks Plus two extra disks totaling 4500 tracks (3 cents per track)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/372218356348
Attachment:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 347.4 KiB | Viewed 35704 times ]

This is also the same seller that has the Karaoke cd+g Super CAVS DK Millenium Set vol-1+2 In Case With Book for $50.00 totaling 1800 tracks (3cents per track)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/372217341277
Attachment:
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg [ 424.39 KiB | Viewed 35701 times ]

That's 6300 Legal tracks for approx $125 ($0.03cents/Per track)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Ill pass on the Nutech & Supercore most of them suck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next