KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Legal "Digital" Karaoke Tracks on Disk Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:23 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Except everything you showed is nothing 'current' which is what most of us buy.
And I don't care if I can get full mp3g libraries of everything. Waste of money!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:44 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

True but the problem is many of the companies selling the new tracks do not offer the mp3+G's on a "disk"

Zoom and Mr. Entertainer are also pretty good at around "30 cents per track" for their new stuff with 100 MP3+G's on Disk.

I've emailed a few companies like Sybersound, Sunfly, Resicio and others about buying their tracks and requesting a Disk backup but "No Go" there.

Downloads are nice and convenient but I prefer having a physical disk of the tracks in MP3+G digital format.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
True but the problem is many of the companies selling the new tracks do not offer the mp3+G's on a "disk"
So? Many companies are slowly doing away with discs altogether.

Quote:
Zoom and Mr. Entertainer are also pretty good at around "30 cents per track" for their new stuff with 100 MP3+G's on Disk.
Not for 'current' stuff, you have to wait a year after the release before they pack them like that.

Quote:
I've emailed a few companies like Sybersound, Sunfly, Resicio and others about buying their tracks and requesting a Disk backup but "No Go" there.
Now you said somewhere before that Sunfly was totally willing to sell you their entire library???

Quote:
Downloads are nice and convenient but I prefer having a physical disk of the tracks in MP3+G digital format.
Going to lose out on a lot of opportunity with that kind of thinking. I'll stick with buying what I need when needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
The thing is that discs unfortunately is a dead medium. I hear you about having backups. That's why I don't just keep my MP3+G's on my show computer. I keep them in a couple of hard drives for back up. Some of the downloads, especially the ones that I got through Tricerasoft, I can never replace the particular brands without breaking the law by lying to the actual manufacturer's download sites as to where I am downloading from. Guess what, I refuse to do that. I also don't have the means to convert the nutech discs the same as when I originally converted them because the computer used to convert them to MP3+G from Super CDG was stolen a day before I moved out and away from a roommate who believed that my deceased girlfriend and I were put on the Earth to support her and her husband's drug habit and thought nothing of stealing equipment from me without a how do you do. I went through 7 laptops, 3 external drives each containing my loaded GEM Series so if they are up on torrent sites, I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the stolen drives. A pair of 12" speakers, my original main set of discs.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I did mention that about Sunfly but I left out the part that they are on a Laptop sent from sunfly... Still no disks.

Quote:
TOUCHSCREEN LAPTOP
Need a simple solution for Karaoke party hire?
The Sunfly Satellite Laptop Karaoke system is the latest addition to the range of Sunfly hardware products. Ideal for DJ’s and Karaoke Jockeys or for ‘dry hire’ rental where a group or party are happy to browse and choose songs themselves from an easy to use touchscreen interface.

The software sits on a HP Pavilion touchscreen laptop, and the basic package comes with the Most Popular 2000 Karaoke songs from our extensive Sunfly collection all in High Definition Video.

Looking for more than 2000 Karaoke tracks? Or to continually increase your Karaoke Collection?
Karaoke songs can be added to your laptop system remotely via your broadband network. Brand new Karaoke videos can be added monthly or on a quarterly basis (approx. 20 per month) to keep you updated with new music or additional track bundles can be added in tranches of 500 from our catalogue of 16,000+ Karaoke videos. If your customers have any special requests let us know and we can add songs within 48 hours.

The system works offline, users simply connect the laptop to their TV via a HDMI cable and to a set of speakers or a mixer via a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Microphones can be added via the mixer or to a powered speaker.
Remote IT support is free for the first year and the system comes with a 2 year warranty where we guarantee to swap the system out if the hardware or software fails and cannot be fixed remotely.

The Sunfly Satellite Laptop Karaoke system is fully licensed under Sunfly’s MCPS MSB2B licence.

Email info@sunflymusic.com or phone 0208 450 5544 for pricing.

Source: https://www.sunflykaraoke.com/professio ... e-machines

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:58 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

Zoom and Mr Entertainer haven't released any new discs of MP3+G tracks since 2014.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:17 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Those are the best disks I've ever purchased for a small investment. The tracks from those disks get used quite a bit. Unfortunately, Your right. no new releases since 2014 in MP3+G disk format.

At present there is "NO MANUFACTURER" offering mp3+G on disks so we have no choice but to buy the downloads for future releases. (Karaoke-Version.com) (Karaoke.net)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
I hate to break it to you cousinvinnie but the Pop Hits Monthly discs that you displayed in the video are bootlegs. They're illegal copies. We never made cardboard CD holders, and from what little I could see of the disc itself that is not our artwork either. Where did you get them from?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

OK now you truly are an idiot Bastiat...
Sorry dude! it was you who verified them authentic... what made you change your mind now?

Those are not card board holders... those are the cd insert that lies between the plastic jewel case to witch the CDG disks sits in. I dumped the jewel cases and kept the inserts.

Dude! you verified these were authentic in another forum thread when I told you I almost have the compete set of every year.

Now you're telling me your company is selling Bootlegs? what's the deal... do I get a refund if they are?

Attachment:
1234.png
1234.png [ 165.3 KiB | Viewed 43252 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:09 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
OK now you truly are an idiot Bastiat...
Sorry dude! it was you who verified them authentic... what made you change your mind now?

Those are not card board holders... those are the cd insert that lies between the plastic jewel case to witch the CDG disks sits in. I dumped the jewel cases and kept the inserts.

Dude! you verified these were authentic in another forum thread when I told you I almost have the compete set of every year.

Now you're telling me your company is selling Bootlegs? what's the deal... do I get a refund if they are?

Attachment:
1234.png

I wish there was an emoji for this post... instead of a face palm, it could be a like face punch.... :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hey he's the one that started the name calling in the other thread. Claims to represent a Respected karaoke label and verifies the product, then turns around all of the sudden changes his mind.

We are all professionals here "We / He" can take it.

On another note: there is a market for MP3+G disks due to the hype stirring in other forums/groups.

Why don't Manu's get their heads together and start distributing their products via "Mp3+G Disks"

Let's do some business.... guys... I got cash!!!! lots of Cash!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Okay cousinvinnie, I get it. English is not your first language and you have some serious self-esteem issues. No worries though ... this is the last you'll hear from me. So I'll start by stating that if those are not cardboard sleeves but are booklets from jewel cases then I'll retract my comments about them being bootlegs because without actually inspecting the product I'm unable to make that determination. So until such time as I can do so, I take it back. Be aware however that there are indeed bootlegs that look almost exactly like the products that we produced. When I say exactly, I mean to say that unless you actually knew what to look for in the artwork or the CDs themselves, you likely wouldn't be able to determine their authenticity. I have a whole deskful of counterfeits and some of them not so good but some of them are so good they almost had me fooled. Nevertheless if those are booklets as you say they are then indeed they do look authentic. Now you see cousinvinnie, that isn't so hard. No need to double down and continue with more falsehoods to avoid having to say you're wrong about something.

Now getting back to the English being your second language thing ... I never verified anything as being AUTHENTIC. You evidently jumped to that conclusion based on the fact that I said Stellar was the producer of the discs for which you displayed some photos, but I never verified them as being AUTHENTIC. Those are your words not mine. Like I said in the previous paragraph, without a close up visual inspection of the goods themselves I would have no way of verifying their authenticity through a photo alone.

As far as the name calling, I did no such thing, that's your style not mine. It's alleged that Socrates once said that "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser". Of course just like the fact that I can't verify your discs as being authentic, no one can verify that Socrates actually did say that seeing he never did write anything down, but nevertheless the point is still valid.

Now as far as your self-esteem issues, I'm sorry but I can't help you with that. If you lived closer I could recommend a good therapist but I don't know any therapists in your neck of the woods. You're probably not going to believe this but I actually feel sorry for people who have such low self-esteem and try to compensate for that through acts of false bravado and other obnoxious behaviors. Maybe someday you'll come to realize that attempting to blow out other people's candles will never make yours appear brighter. The problem here cousinvinnie is that you probably feel like a failure, not based on any real measure of failure or success, but on the standards that you've set for everyone else, so you continue on with your false bravado telling everyone how great you are, etc., etc., etc., and how you'll spank them and a host of other obnoxious comments that evidently you feel compelled to spew at anyone who disagrees with you. You really should seek out some help.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Well, you can ask any lawyer:
If the law supports you, pound on the law.
If the facts support you, pound on the facts.
If neither support you, pound on the table..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:53 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Indeed, an old lawyer's adage. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Hey he's the one that started the name calling in the other thread. Claims to represent a Respected karaoke label and verifies the product, then turns around all of the sudden changes his mind.

CousinVinnie... You really need to take a step back with your "Trust" and "Respect" issues. Bastiat IS who he says he is. He was the CEO of Stellar Music (which produced Top Hits Monthly (until Panorama took that name) and Pop Hits Monthly).

And, as for name-calling, you have made some rather veiled comments here alluding to accusing several of us here as being Pirates.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:18 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
And, as for name-calling, you have made some rather veiled comments here alluding to accusing several of us here as being Pirates.

THIS! Simply because they don't treat PEP like gold (or God).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Mind you, I have always been a big SC fan but I know for a fact that even Sweet Georgia Brown, while most of it poorly done, has some tracks that Sound Choice didn't and the fact is I would rather have a KJ Tools version of Your Cheatin' Heart over Sound Choice's any day because Sound Choice sped the tempo up too fast and I don't like to use the tempo function in my player.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:52 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
earthling12357 wrote:
All karaoke is considered to be video productions.

lonman wrote
Yes and no. Karaoke without video is not, that would be simply an instrumental - printed lyric sheets or a lyric site on a phone/tablet doesn't constitute as a video production.

That is a very good point that often goes unnoticed, but it's important to make that distinction. The fact that a distinction between audio only karaoke and karaoke with a graphic display (although there shouldn't be any distinction between audio only karaoke and karaoke with just the graphics display of the lyrics) isn't being made detracts from the audio/visual works v phonorecord issue, the latter of which karaoke even with only a graphics display of the lyrics clearly falls under.

I hope to live long enough to be in a position to correct the outcome of the ABKCO v Stellar debacle but I have other priorities at the moment, but it is on my bucket list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:04 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Zoom have not made the mp3+g discs
for a while as the licensing with MCPS has changed, and under their licensing agreements they are no longer allowed to make and sell discs in this format.