KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:20 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Yeah!!! I think i'll pass on his Red Peters tracks, my shows are family friendly.

I searched my show PC and thank God no results. http://redpeterskaraoke.com/

This is one library of songs I will have to Pass on purchasing.

On a personal note I think the creators and affiliates of red peters karaoke should be shot in the balls and buried alive for even playing this crap. It's junk like this that ruins the karaoke market.
Any Tenacious D in your library? Or Afroman?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Lonman wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Yeah!!! I think i'll pass on his Red Peters tracks, my shows are family friendly.

On a personal note I think the creators and affiliates of red peters karaoke should be shot in the balls and buried alive for even playing this crap. It's junk like this that ruins the karaoke market.

Or Eminem, Dyvinals, the I95 song, Rodeo Song, 2 Live Crew, South Park. The list of family unfriendly songs go on oops almost forgot Crazy @_$### and also Celo Green's adult version of forget you.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

If not hitting the space bar is the only mistake I ever make, then I'm getting of easy Alan.

Yes, I would have to agree with that. Unfortunately, it is not the only mistake you've made. There have been quite a few. But don't worry, I'm here to point them out so that you can correct any deficiencies you may have. After all, what are friends for? LOL

Oh, and by the way... OFF is spelled with two F's. lol.

Off topic - Thank goodness Alan’s not calling me out about my posts’ compositions with grammatical mistakes. Guilty as charged. I can say in all honesty I have a lot of mistakes in that area as well. Spelling? Almost none! :) Thanks, Alan.

Please pardon the interruption. Now, back to our regular programming. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

Or Eminem, Dyvinals, the I95 song, Rodeo Song, 2 Live Crew, South Park. The list of family unfriendly songs go on oops almost forgot Crazy @_$### and also Celo Green's adult version of forget you.

Thank you for those.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:

OH GOD!!!! yes from SC Gems 10229-06, 10229-29, 10021-01 (Deleting them)

Thanks Lonman. Thanks DannyG.

Some Sound Choice didn't label anything here as Explicit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

If you have Anaconda by Nicki Minaj, you might as well delete that to. It almost got by me at a family friendly show that I was doing. The person who was singing it was pissed when I stopped it mid song. But understood why when I explained why.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Karaoke back in the day was fun... remember attending a karaoke show where the kj played the background track and we would hold the lyrics part in hand

Attachment:
DSC03899.JPG
DSC03899.JPG [ 709.8 KiB | Viewed 35098 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
Lonman wrote:

OH GOD!!!! yes from SC Gems 10229-06, 10229-29, 10021-01 (Deleting them)

Thanks Lonman. Thanks DannyG.

Some Sound Choice didn't label anything here as Explicit.
should probably pull most rap in general, lots of f bombs, n words, sexuliazing woman, etc.
What about artists like R Kelly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Only song of his that I know is a safe one. From Space Jam, I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

You said you have a help license right? So do you have all the songs from sounds choice?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:

I meant what about artists that have commuted rape, child open, business etc. I know many kjs pulling those artists as well

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:45 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

c. staley wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

You said you have a help license right? So do you have all the songs from sounds choice?

The Help license is what Sue had purchased due to the fact that many singers from all over the world would bring their thumb drives to the shows. it was for her companies protection.

We don't do the thumb drive thing anymore and we only use what is available on the Gem. After spending half a day going through the rap songs, we now have approx 5700 Gem songs available under Sound Choice label.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Lonman wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

I meant what about artists that have commuted rape, child open, business etc. I know many kjs pulling those artists as well

And lets not forget about the one that talks about shooting cops. I forget the name of that one.

Lonnie, since you're so good at compiling lists, maybe you can come up with and post a list of artists whose songs are offensive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
c. staley wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

The Help license is what Sue had purchased due to the fact that many singers from all over the world would bring their thumb drives to the shows. it was for her companies protection.

We don't do the thumb drive thing anymore and we only use what is available on the Gem. After spending half a day going through the rap songs, we now have approx 5700 Gem songs available under Sound Choice label.

So you no longer have a help license?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

No, we don't, The Help license is not really worth it when you can simply apply that $$$ towards the Gem set on a payment plan for a few dollars more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
With the exception of Karaoke.net and Karaoke-version.com as the goto guys for "Buy on the fly" options.

You do know that Karaoke Version is for personal use only right? You can't use their tracks for professional use.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

That was cleared by both recisio & local licensing. Even though the terms state they are for personal use, if the licensing says it's ok and the Recisio says it's ok then we all good to go.

Quote:
Karaoke Version Customer Care | Annie support@karaoke-version.com via enchanthq.net
11/6/15

to me
Hi!

Understandable. All of our songs have been obtained legally and are covered for production rights. If you are using it for professional and commercial purposes, I would recommend that you get in touch with your local performance society in order to make sure that the composition rights are covered.

Best,

--
Annie
Customer Care
Karaoke Version
http://www.karaoke-version.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

bazinga wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
With the exception of Karaoke.net and Karaoke-version.com as the goto guys for "Buy on the fly" options.

You do know that Karaoke Version is for personal use only right? You can't use their tracks for professional use.

Not quite true. I have an email exchange with Karaoke Version that says that as a professional Karaoke Host, I have permission to use their songs. I spelled out that they would be used for shows that I am being paid for. All that is needed to make it legal is for the venues to be paying for the Performer's Rights fees.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited!

All the rest of the labels mentioned in this thread are either a Joke, Bankrupt or just not in the business anymore.

Looking forward to new products from this company in 2018.

I wouldn't purchase from SC under their licensee only offering, if they distribute to shops as other brands do, then I may consider it.

Sunfly hasn't left the game, they produce content both digitally and on disc every month, Zoom put out regular releases and I can assure that their quality is not a joke. Capital Karaoke in Australia also produce new music almost every month and release it on disc and digitally and its quality is also very good!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
screamersusa wrote:
Most of the soundchoice library has been duplicated by decent manufacturers. Yes it is possible to do a show without soundchoice...period! The only real issues are a few Metal tracks and rarities that are slowly being re-licensed by other manufacturers. The second is
the Brand identity which many people ask for however, once they have to wade through a SC song they know well from another decent brand, they don't mind anymore.
CB has has been redistributed and re packaged so many times that it is difficult to control with the exception of registering (photo evidence) your original collection. The trademark is still enforceable but probably not worth the hassle unless bundled with an illegal SC set.

Real Pirates do not own a single original disk. You might be surprised at how comprehensive a decent quality collection can be had for 3k-6k and you own it. No no-fly problems, no recalls, no media shifting issues (1:1 that is). My SCDG's alone account for over 10,000 tracks including duplicates. I was replacing them slowly with better quality over time but still that's a lot of popular tracks to work with.

If memory serves me, Panorama was a competitor to Stellar and there were a host of legal issues over the years before they folded. Three years ago I was buying original THM and PHM and SIN disks in 100 packs for $89.00. Last year I bought a large Pocket songs pile and the entire Singers Dream set all for under $300 which selling my few SC disks paid for. That added up titles really quick.
So it can be done if your patient and crafty and willing to spend a little money.

The big problem is getting your clients through the transition phase from pirate SC to legal alternatives. With so many pirates it's a nightmare to break into some markets. NOTE I said clients (singers, Customers).

8) I also have over 10,000 tracks on SCDG's, the combined cost for all of the discs was under 1,000.00. So it was possible to have a rather large library that is legal at a rather small price. I say was because most of the SCDG's have been bought up and they are getting harder to find. My last purchase was the Millennium set of 2, purchased for around 50.00, less than 3 cents a track. From my experience most patrons are looking to see if you have a song, not what brand it is . If they are that into karaoke they carry their own discs, which I was always happy to play. I think that the quality on some of the SCDG's is just as good as the original product they were copied from. No one can really tell the difference between the real CB and the SCDG, especially when both have been loaded on to a disc player. The same can be said for Magic Tracks aka Sweet Georgia Brown and MM tracks. I have a set of original DK and can't tell the difference between them and the Millennium set when played on my karaoke player. The 1,000 country songs SCDG disc is made up of Panorama tracks. One thing that might help getting through the transition phase you mentioned, is having the ability to play discs brought in.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next