KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:50 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
After all these years in hiatus, Sound Choice is taking requests for new release songs. So rather than bash the company, Embrace them and post some requests.
Quote:
NEW SONG REQUESTS!!! We are going to produce new music very soon!! Does anybody have any suggestions of songs that would be fun to sing, but never was made for karaoke....anywhere? Now is the place and time for you to provide those songs right here and who knows, your suggestion just might make it to the studio!!!!

I will gladly submit new song requests on your behalf.

Please note:
*Must not be songs that are currently available on karaoke
*Must be songs that would be fun to sing

and go...

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Vinnie this is a very old statement from SC. We have long ago given them dozens, if not hundreds of requests of never before created karaoke songs. So don't get too excited.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:03 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I'm sure Both you and I along with many others have heard it all.
This is a fresh start for 2018.
Let's just keep it positive.

If you have any song requests "Never released on karaoke" please post them here.

I've already created a list of Canadian artists both "old and new" I'm just submitting the most popular ones.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
If it's anything at all, and I doubt it will be, you might want to look forward to some public domain songs that have been recycled (by dumpster diving and re-labeling) that no one wants anyway. The last proposed list from them included songs that were produced by others and songs no one would want at any discounted price.

And I just don't understand why Cousinvinnie keeps banging the drum for PEP who hasn't produce ANYTHING for 8 years despite their promises and lies when KSF is in business taking requests and actively producing and releasing music on a daily basis....

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

how can they produce if you're not willing to request anything? Pick a song you like, I will submit it.

Give them a chance in 2018 to make that comeback we've all been waiting for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:37 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
how can they produce if you're not willing to request anything? Pick a song you like, I will submit it.

You're the only one waiting. They have 100s or 1000s of songs where people have requested in the past where they have made these grand announcements in the past. How many times do you bang your head on a wall before you realize it's hurts?

No one has needed to wait. There are other alternatives that do the actual job of listening AND producing. Even if they did produce, it wouldn't be worth the hassles and loss in blood.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

It's so bad even their lawyer jumped ship :lol: "So how bad is it.... it's so bad that"...... you finish the sentence.

Vinnie you are very new here, but we have been hearing and discussing, the same stuff for 8 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
we have been giving them chances since 2009. they have no follow through! now if they should happen to start producing new music, track record says "No Way", then I may look into it. and if, big "IF", they jump on the download bandwagon great and I will pickup those few songs I would like to add I can't get anywhere.

But until it really happens I have interest in being a cheer leader for a company with a track record of disappointing it customers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Come on Guys!!! 8 posts and not a single song request (and then you guys complain that they don't make new stuff. YOU GOTTA SUBMIT A REQUEST if you want them to produce.

Let's cut the crap now, we've heard every story for many years.

Let's be positive and submit a request.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Come on Guys!!! 8 posts and not a single song request (and then you guys complain that they don't make new stuff. YOU GOTTA SUBMIT A REQUEST if you want them to produce.

Let's cut the crap now, we've heard every story for many years.

Let's be positive and submit a request.

If you're sending them requests, tell them that they can start by looking here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31914

Tell them to start at the last page and work their way to the beginning.

Last edited by Cueball on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Bit early for poor April Fools Jokes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:11 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Anyone actually serious?

Is it that hard to submit even one song request?

Just remember guys, Don't get upset when they do release another batch of songs because you have your chance now...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:41 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Anyone actually serious?

Just remember guys, Don't get upset when they do release another batch of songs because you have your chance now...

Stop trying to make Pep relevant and I'll stop pointing out that they obviously are not. Look, they have no solid business model that is conducive to making money producing new tracks. That aren't into streaming and their usual plan includes vastly limiting their sales base. It's just plain common sense that you can't produce a product where each unit has high back end costs (Production and licensing) and to be competitive you must sell it with under a dollar profit WHILE vastly limiting your audience. And that's what they have tried to do in the past by only targeting Karaoke hosts, and those hosts need to sign their rights away with their blood. Anyone with a half of a mind should know better than to do this, but to each his own. The only way they could succeed is if they raped this loyal customer base with exorbitant start up fees and more fees and high prices per track. You complain about 2.00 a track, wait until you see what Pep would charge you per track. And you can get the same level of quality for 2.00 a track without having to pay start up fees or sign a contract. It doesn't make sense any way you look at it.
Anyway, the point is, they wouldn't have a successful business plan even if they did produce. It is never a good idea to partner with a business plan doomed to failure.

The absolute best thing that needs to happen is Pep needs to go away. And they pretty much was the case until you started this pie in the sky talk.

In the immortal words of Star Treks's Country doctor, McCoy, "It's dead Jim" . Let it die...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

My wife said something like this will happen on this forum. I remember back in the 2000's members did the same.

Please note guys "This is not a Sound Choice bashing thread"

They are trying their best to produce new music and don't want to waste studio/production time on useless hits.

Sound Choice is offering us an opportunity to submit requests of tracks that interest kj's in today's market.

If you do not wish to participate, that's ok. I'm not twisting your arm here but if you're interested in submitting a song, please comment...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Just for morbid curiosity I threw my entire 22 years of songs that are requested that have never been made on their FB posting about a week ago, all 670 some. Doubt I'll ever see one song come to fruition.
Karaoke.net had that same list and within a year I saw at least 15 songs made and I bought. So not holding my breath with PEP.

And what is a "useless hit"?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

670 songs? that's awesome. I've submitted about 350 myself. We still got more room for about 4500 track requests.

Keep them coming...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
If you have any song requests "Never released on karaoke" please post them here.
mycousinvinnie wrote:
If you do not wish to participate, that's ok. I'm not twisting your arm here but if you're interested in submitting a song, please comment...
Why post them here? There already is a topic thread dedicated completely to Song requests: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31914

Did you have some kind of problem with my suggestion???????? It doesn't matter that the title of the thread is Karaoke Net song requests. They're still song requests, and any manufacturer could produce them.

cousinvinnie wrote:
Anyone actually serious?

EXCUUUUUUUSE ME??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I gave you a "SERIOUS" reply in my previous post. I did NOT say one single negative word regarding SC. I have a VERY SERIOUS problem with posts like yours that lump EVERYONE into a generalized statement. Was there something you found as a joke when I told you to give them the above mentioned URL to browse through? There's 27 pages of song requests there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
Standing On The Promises - Carl Smith
Your Lies Become You - Monster Magnet
Lies and Promises - Kajagoogoo
Out Of The Business - The Tubes
I'll Sue Ya - Weird Al Yankovic
Dirty Business - New Riders of the Purple Sage
Sue Me, Sue You Blues - George Harrison
License To Steal - Al Stewart
Coming To Get You - Carly Simon
I Ain't Got No Business Doin' Business Today - George Jones
Go Away - Gloria Estefan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thank you for the submissions, Keep'em coming. I also checked that URL for karaoke.net requests. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Thank you for the submissions, Keep'em coming. I also checked that URL for karaoke.net requests. Thank you again.

I am beginning to think that cousinvinnie isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next