KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Quote:
That is out of Australia. They used to buy product from our Australian company (did you know that we used to own Sound Choice Australia?). We know that Chartbuster did have them as a licensee, which might have included allowing distribution on a hard drive, but that is likely limited to Australian sales and not exporting the Chartbuster files elsewhere.

I will ask Frank Scalice (who took over the ownership of the Chartbuster assets along with Gary Douglas) what their deal was. I know the rights issue came up when we were discussing the deal we did with Piracy Recovery, but I don't recall the details.

Waiting to see if those Chartbuster tracks on harddrive are legal for purchase here in Canada.
Chartbuster collection of 13,170 songs for $3,000 = 23 cents per track.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:30 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bastiat wrote:
Quote:
Didn't stellar records go bankrupt?
(Roll Your own Karaoke was an audio only product where with supplied software the end user creates the MP3+G file on their own. They did that to avoid having to pay for sync licensing. Apparently that backfired and forced Stellar Records, the parent company of Pop Hits Monthly to file for bankruptcy. They were the last of the big three to close up shop on making new music.)

Hey cousinvinne, I think you should change your handle from cousinvinnie to the kingofmisinformation. Stellar did not file for bankruptcy and the reason RYOK was created was not to avoid paying for sync licenses but to be able to eventually release products that were on the no fly list. Nothing backfired, Stellar had already been in decline as it was no longer able to secure licenses for the songs it wanted to release. That's a whole other story that I'm not about to get into in this forum but suffice it to say, there's a lot more to things like this than what meets the eye.

Dude! you prove to be a smart person but... I'm not buying this crap your trying to explain to me or others. You're trying to convince everyone that you have the Music world all figured out but here you stand claiming you have product but your business plans went out the window.

Dude! you blew it... move on.

If you want to make a comeback, start up a new business name, sell "your (@$%&#!)" to yourself if you got any and do business on a more professional level.

You remind me one of those washed up musicians that constantly hang around bars in hopes to find opportunity with another band.

No need to hear about that "More than meets the eye crap" it's a done deal.
Time to move forward. You've got it all figured out.

What I recommend you try is: Start from scratch.

1) Get a domain name
2) Get Hosting
3) Get an eCommerce website with member login/digital download area/and possibly a store.
4) Start by selling "Licenses to play your works" to only Professional KJ's and not personal use crap.
5) Don't sell your music or even future releases. Instead GIVE IT AWAY! to Licensed members only via their online members account.

*Nevermind that stupid idea of the CAP (Compliance Assistance Program) program.

You don't need me to explain, you got it all figured out Mr. Know-it-all.
so go out and do it!

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:51 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

MrBoo wrote:
c. staley wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
No, we don't, The Help license is not really worth it when you can simply apply that $$$ towards the Gem set on a payment plan for a few dollars more.

So you're saying that "for a few dollars more" you'd rather have a collection of 6,000 oldies in the gem set rather than the entire library of over 18,000 songs?

On what planet does that math make sense? Pay a few dollars more for 1/3 of the songs?

Maybe the story changed because Cuz has something to hide? First he had the help, now he doesn't. The only thing in the middle is we pointed out the piracy of all things "help". What are you hiding Cuz? Anyone that changes their story like that has to have something to hide. Come on, we are all professionals here.

I never ever had an entire library of 18,000 songs.

Here's my story:

1) My wife and I had sold off 85% of our original CDG Disks collection (Approx 2500+ Disks) a couple years ago when we decided on going "Digital Computer Mp3+G" (Not sure who bought them but it was members on this forum)

2) We did our first year using a laptop and started getting quite a few requests for new music so we added the iPad and started purchasing "Buy and download tracks" from Trycerasoft. (This started to get quite expensive quick spending more than $2.00 per track)

3) Wife introduced me to Karaoke Cloud and Karafun, She really got hooked on this subscription thing. (Forum members mentioned this was a bad approach because we still own nothing even though they had all the latest hits available (Thousands of songs)

4) We started purchasing "Legal" Mp3+G karaoke files ie: SCDG disks, Zoom 100 hits, MR.Entertainer MP3+G disks, Pop hits monthly Mp3+G disks, Chartbuster SD Cards 1-10 and others including cheaper labels Magic hits... etc.

5) Sound Choice offered a special on Gem Series MP3+G so we called them on the phone and looked for options. We told Bryan that Singers like to bring in their own songs on USB drives and in most cases they are SC tracks. Bryan recommended the "Help" license so we purchased 6 months of Help license. (Approx $1200)

5) The following year we decided on Cancelling the "Help" license, Refusing to take USB drives and added the Gem Series to our existing collection.

6) We found that it's more convenient to purchase complete libraries of tracks instead of just a few tracks here and there (This was implemented shortly after Tricerasoft had closed its doors)

7) We contacted companies like Sunfly, Sybersound, Resicio and others and started to build our digital library directly from manufacturers instead of third part download sites.

8 ) Now we have over 14000 MP3+G tracks along with 900 CDG disks in 3 x 300 Disk players as our main collection Totaling approx 26000+ Tracks.

9) We continue to buy up libraries directly from manufacturers spending approx 5000-7000 per year.

10) We continue to buy new tracks from karaoke-version.com as needed. (Negotiations for their complete library has not been put in place yet because we are waiting on North American Companies first)

That's it That's all. Karaoke Niagara Company and myself have nothing we need to prove or hide to anyone.

The only wasted money we spent was on the "Help" license from Sound Choice and Subscriptions from Karaoke Cloud and Karafun.

Since we've gone with the Digital format Companies like Pep/Sound Choice have been very helpful along the way and that's why we support them 100% because they never let us down with their product offerings and the Pep staff are very friendly and supportive, and that's very cool to have such an awesome company to work with and to assist in growing our business in present and future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
1) My wife and I had sold off 85% of our original CDG Disks collection (Approx 2500+ Disks) a couple years ago when we decided on going "Digital Computer Mp3+G" (Not sure who bought them but it was members on this forum)
Someone should ask you this Vinnie, so I will. You did DELETE that 85% of your library from your hard drive after you sold off the discs, didn't you? Must have been mighty slim pickings with only 15% of your songs left, and for quite awhile too as you also said (in step 2) you used the laptop for about a year before you even started to buy legal mp3+g downloads. And it was much further down (in step 5) you bought the HELP license.

But you only bought the HELP license because tourists carry a lot of cd+g's and mp3+g's on thumbdrives?

Really? Really???

In the immortal words of someone:

"Dude you just exposed yourself!!! Hello... there's goes another one.

Pirates have no say... end of discussion..."

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Why don't you come to my show and see for yourself instead of shooting your mouth off about what I have or no longer have.

Yes I did use a computer at my shows but as a karaoke digital songbook along with 3 x Sony 300 Disk players (Approx 12000 songs) but the digital kiosk and laptop did not have auto request implemented, so we used song slips at the time.

stop with the pirate crap...

If I chose to make the time, I can easily expose you Mr. Elementary Penguin... so let's not go there.

ONLY A PIRATE HIMSELF would challenge me.

Elementary Penguin you wanna put the gloves on... let's do this!!! you and your 17 years in karaoke. what do you got to show for it dude? You don't even have a profile worth looking at on here for a 17 year vet in the karaoke business. Get a life PIRATE!!!!!

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
you bought a HELP license while using cd's and playing customers discs and drives? :withstupid:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Is this the ball busting crap everyone goes through if they buy a "Help" license.
I've mentioned quite a few times on here that it was a waste of money. It was a mistake.

get over this "Help" license crap already.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
you bought a HELP license while using cd's and playing customers discs and drives? :withstupid:

Paradigm Karaoke, I don't know who you are but i'm sure you're a very nice person. I don't need to explain my life story to everyone here. just go with the flow and enjoy the reads on here but don't change the words around to make me look stupid.

I don't need anyone to insult my integrity.

You guys may get away with pushing my wife around on here but don't try to challenge me. You will lose. This I can promise you.

For your information... it was mostly American tourists who brought in and asked me to play their Burned disks and USB drives containing Sound Choice tracks... so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
If your computer library was compromised of the discs you sold off, guess what? You sir are a pirate. Unless you have in your possession the discs or receipts for the songs that are in your library, you are running illegally period. You cannot copy the songs off the discs you buy and then turn around and sell the disc. You need the disc to prove that the songs on your hard drive actually belongs to you and wasn't some copy you got off a torrent site or got from your buddy without having the original disc. This only applies to discs. For legal downloads you need a receipt like a n email saying that you legally purchased the download.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) See Vinnie it doesn't feel good when it is your glass house that someone is tossing a piracy brick through does it? That is why this whole problem of legal status is such a slippery slope. I believe that in every hosts library there are some tracks that were produced under less than legal circumstances. Then comes the morale and ethical concerns, should those tracks be removed from the hosts library. Most of the hosts on this forum feel if they bought their product in good faith then they should use it. At least until someone complains to them for using it.

Just like all hosts have questionable tracks in their libraries, just about all manus have produced tracks that all fees were not paid for. Making the product produced tainted. That is why when CAVS made the CB SCDG's and they paid CB for using their product, they were in trouble since the underlying CB product was not legal. Seems that CB had neglected to obtain permission and pay fees for the karaoke tracks. Then CAVS had to sue CB and paying that suit help put CB out of business.

Technically it is almost impossible to stay 100% legal, I guess that is where the 99% figure comes from. Like Mrmarog pointed out in the day to day business of hosting it really doesn't matter anymore. You have certified hosts that are terrible at their craft, and pirates with packed houses. There is no rhyme or reason to this business. If you are lucky like I was you can get in and get out after making your score and never have to see a judge. That type of a host also registers in the 90 percentile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

Paradigm Karaoke, I don't know who you are but i'm sure you're a very nice person. I don't need to explain my life story to everyone here. just go with the flow and enjoy the reads on here but don't change the words around to make me look stupid.

i did no such thing, you did it yourself
cousinvinnie wrote:
I don't need anyone to insult my integrity.

you have done nothing BUT insult our integrity. you called everyone here that disagrees with you a pirate trying to hide things when you are the pirate and you admitted as much.
cousinvinnie wrote:
You guys may get away with pushing my wife around on here but don't try to challenge me. You will lose. This I can promise you.

incorrect again. we push back on her because she does not understand the basics of sound let alone basic audio engineering and has at nearly every turn given completely wrong information to people looking for help which the rest of us here have had to correct.
as for you, besides calling everyone here a pirate, insulting KSF, insulting Bastiat, insulting Elementary Penguin, talking about buying more illegal material (the tracks are owned exclusively by Digitrax while the logo is owned exclusively by PEP), and this is just what i can scroll down to on this page alone...you have lost already.
you want to threaten me as you did Elementary Penguin? i'm more legal than you have ever been.

cousinvinnie wrote:
For your information... it was mostly American tourists who brought in and asked me to play their Burned disks and USB drives containing Sound Choice tracks... so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

and that means what exactly? do you know how many discs i own? i am not carying them with me on vacation. i took a flash drive with them ripped when i did take any music with me as do most others here. once again, calling everyone a pirate but you.

cousinvinnie wrote:
Is this the ball busting crap everyone goes through if they buy a "Help" license.

yes...because 100% of HELP licensees are pirates...thieves...using stolen material...100%

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Keep it civil guys..
I think the dead horse is through..

Locked..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14