KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - WHOA! SBI, Zoom, Mr Entertainer ....etc Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:27 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
HUGE fines for many of them, some in the 9 digit figure ($221,000,000.00+ for SBI alone). Karaoke music availability may become even more scarce if these companies have to (or are forced to) shut down to pay their fines.
Karaoke.net is going to one of the only main (and legit) players in town!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Here is the full judgment...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsoozit6175q0z9/SonyATV_Music_Publishing_LLC_et_v_172902_Ontario_Inc_et_al__tnmdce-14-01929__0657.1.pdf?dl=0

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Priddis, Music Maestro, Sunfly, Zoom, Mr Entertainer, SBI, Music Factory, Tropical Zone, and Sundown! If they all go down we'll only have Karaoke.net and Karaoke Version. What has happened to All Star Karaoke?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:31 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Priddis, Maestro, Sunfly, Tropical Zone and Sundown are brands that were sold by Tricerasoft and included in the judgment against Gai Marcos. Those companies were not sued. Sunfly settled was not sued...only Marcos for selling the tracks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
mrmarog wrote:
Priddis, Music Maestro, Sunfly, Zoom, Mr Entertainer, SBI, Music Factory, Tropical Zone, and Sundown! If they all go down we'll only have Karaoke.net and Karaoke Version. What has happened to All Star Karaoke?

a family dispute between brothers and the business a few songs were added shortly after their split. then i heard it sold and nothing has been produced since.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
how come there are no signatures on the final order? I won't believe it until it signed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Documents for the entire case are all on Pacer which are posted by the court. Lawyers receive signed copies...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Kudos to karaoke.net
Now if they had some "Pro KJ" program offerings in place they would truly be number two in my books.

Sound Choice being #1 or coarse.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

Sorry, BUT, sometimes the "Spelling Nazi" has to come out. I'll give "OR" a pass, as it was an obvious typo... ALTHOUGH, with how many here have been/are feeling about SC over the last 7 or 8 years, maybe this wasn't a spelling error, and more of a Freudian Slip.

coarse
coarse (kôrs)
adj. coars·er, coars·est
1. Of low, common, or inferior quality.
a. Lacking in delicacy or refinement: coarse manners.
b. Vulgar or indecent: coarse language.
3. Consisting of large particles; not fine in texture: coarse sand.
4. Rough, especially to the touch: a coarse tweed.
[Middle English cors, probably from course, custom; see course.]
coarse′ly adv.
coarse′ness n.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
coarse (kɔːs)
adj
1. rough in texture, structure, etc; not fine: coarse sand.
2. lacking refinement or taste; indelicate; vulgar: coarse jokes.
3. of inferior quality; not pure or choice
4. (Metallurgy) (of a metal) not refined
5. (Mechanical Engineering) (of a screw) having widely spaced threads
[C14: of unknown origin]
ˈcoarsely adv
ˈcoarseness n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
coarse (kɔrs, koʊrs)

adj. coars•er, coars•est.
1. composed of relatively large parts or particles: coarse sand.
2. lacking in fineness or delicacy of texture, structure, etc.: coarse fabric.
3. harsh; grating.
4. lacking refinement; unpolished: coarse manners.
5. vulgar; obscene: coarse language.
6. (of metals) unrefined.
7. (of a metal file) having the maximum commercial grade of coarseness.
[1550–60; earlier cors(e), course, cowarce]
coarse′ly, adv.
coarse′ness, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:30 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
Kudos to karaoke.net
Now if they had some "Pro KJ" program offerings in place they would truly be number two in my books.

We do. All that is required is to create an account and then buy whatever you want for 1.99 per song. Old songs, new songs and even requested songs! :roll: Just like I told you when you messaged me.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 9.33.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 9.33.52 AM.png [ 136.55 KiB | Viewed 42780 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
KSFGROUP wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Kudos to karaoke.net

We do. All that is required is to create an account and then buy whatever you want for 1.99 per song. Old songs, new songs and even requested songs! :roll: Just like I told you when you messaged me.

I don't think that's what he meant. I believe he's referring to the offer he made you (at 50 cents a track for everything) that you turned down.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Yeah he wants your library under his terms and conditions. Smh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
KSFGROUP wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Kudos to karaoke.net

I don't think that's what he meant. I believe he's referring to the offer he made you (at 50 cents a track for everything) that you turned down.

Hooters used to have saying on their February calendar "It's Feb 1 and it's the beginning of Canadian Month". Then on Feb 28/29 it would say "It's Feb 28/29 normal tipping will resume tomorrow". :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:34 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

cueball wrote:
KSFGROUP wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Kudos to karaoke.net

Actually of you look at the screen shot I attached, he made some statistical quotes I disagree with as well as proposing a "Pro License". But honestly, I find it hard to follow many things posted by Cousin Vinnie...so who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
mrmarog wrote:
Hooters used to have saying on their February calendar "It's Feb 1 and it's the beginning of Canadian Month". Then on Feb 28/29 it would say "It's Feb 28/29 normal tipping will resume tomorrow". :lol:

That's because in the restaurant industry "Canadians" is code language for "black people." February is "Canadian Month" because it's Black History Month.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:32 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
That's because in the restaurant industry "Canadians" is code language for "black people." February is "Canadian Month" because it's Black History Month.
James, I think we could have gotten by without that comment! Mine was meant to be light hearted and yours was meant to be mean and destructive.

I grew up in a small town in Iowa and where everything was peaceful, caring and innocent. People got along great with no discernable prejudice towards Jews, Afro Americans, native Americans, Asians, Irish, Polish, etc. My mother raised me with way better values than the values that you must have been taught.

I am deeply offended by your insinuation that I secretly meant what you stated. Go back to your hole!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
mrmarog wrote:
James, I think we could have gotten by without that comment! Mine was meant to be light hearted and yours was meant to be mean and destructive.

I grew up in a small town in Iowa and where everything was peaceful, caring and innocent. People got along great with no discernable prejudice towards Jews, Afro Americans, native Americans, Asians, Irish, Polish, etc. My mother raised me with way better values than the values that you must have been taught.

I am deeply offended by your insinuation that I secretly meant what you stated. Go back to your hole!

I did not insinuate that you're a racist. Even if you were, the context of your statement wouldn't have allowed for that, as you were actually taking an obviously light-hearted poke at cousinvinnie for being Canadian. I actually assumed that you weren't aware of the racism inherent in the joke. The simple fact is that "Canadians" is a well known restaurant industry code word for black people, and the actual meaning of the calendar entries you quoted is a racist joke. I thought you and the rest of the crew here would like to know that, because I did not think you would want to tell a racist joke, even unknowingly.

Unfortunately, casual racism seems to be in vogue with a certain set these days, which requires those who hold non-prejudiced values, like you and me, to step up the vigilance and say something in opposition when we encounter it. Racism doesn't always come bearing torches and pitchforks. Sometimes it creeps in, even unintentionally, in unexpected places, and unless we call it out, it gains a foothold--not with you, of course, but among those who read your words and get the wrong idea.

I am very sorry to have offended you, however, as that was not my intention. I hope that we can continue to be, if not friends, at least friendly with each other.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

cueball wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

Sorry, BUT, sometimes the "Spelling Nazi" has to come out. I'll give "OR" a pass, as it was an obvious typo... ALTHOUGH, with how many here have been/are feeling about SC over the last 7 or 8 years, maybe this wasn't a spelling error, and more of a Freudian Slip.

coarse
coarse (kôrs)
adj. coars·er, coars·est
1. Of low, common, or inferior quality.
a. Lacking in delicacy or refinement: coarse manners.
b. Vulgar or indecent: coarse language.
3. Consisting of large particles; not fine in texture: coarse sand.
4. Rough, especially to the touch: a coarse tweed.
[Middle English cors, probably from course, custom; see course.]
coarse′ly adv.
coarse′ness n.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
coarse (kɔːs)
adj
1. rough in texture, structure, etc; not fine: coarse sand.
2. lacking refinement or taste; indelicate; vulgar: coarse jokes.
3. of inferior quality; not pure or choice
4. (Metallurgy) (of a metal) not refined
5. (Mechanical Engineering) (of a screw) having widely spaced threads
[C14: of unknown origin]
ˈcoarsely adv
ˈcoarseness n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
coarse (kɔrs, koʊrs)

adj. coars•er, coars•est.
1. composed of relatively large parts or particles: coarse sand.
2. lacking in fineness or delicacy of texture, structure, etc.: coarse fabric.
3. harsh; grating.
4. lacking refinement; unpolished: coarse manners.
5. vulgar; obscene: coarse language.
6. (of metals) unrefined.
7. (of a metal file) having the maximum commercial grade of coarseness.
[1550–60; earlier cors(e), course, cowarce]
coarse′ly, adv.
coarse′ness, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

OMG!!! I'm very sorry I should have said "Course" Thank you for catching that... "Grammer Cops Rule!!!

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:14 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Well there is a ton of restaurants here in Canada. You may be right.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

KSFGROUP wrote:
cueball wrote:
KSFGROUP wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Kudos to karaoke.net

Actually of you look at the screen shot I attached, he made some statistical quotes I disagree with as well as proposing a "Pro License". But honestly, I find it hard to follow many things posted by Cousin Vinnie...so who knows?

More referring to Email flyers, Bonus codes for Save $$$, stuff like that... I don't use internet where I am so my preference was to be able to just buy a bulk quantity on a disk in MP3+G format. like zoom/MRH. the $1.99 pricing is also fine. No complaints here.