KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What happened to PEP? Getting annoyed! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Don't worry about Hurricane Harvey or North Korea, Mister President. Can you get me some karaoke songs from England first? What a tool!
Why the hostility?? I think it is a ridiculous issue that needs to be fixed. I happen to be one of the 5% who actually BUYS my songs. The fact that I am cut off from certain song resources pisses me off. WHY?? I like to be able to please my customers by getting the songs they want to sing. If I find a song that they want to sing, but can't buy it, because of some BS blockade, it pisses me off to no end. And NO, I am NOT going to make my own songs, because that isn't proper.There is no need to call me a tool!!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:52 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Don't worry about Hurricane Harvey or North Korea, Mister President. Can you get me some karaoke songs from England first? What a tool!

1) 45 has offered $1 million to Texas (a portion of one day golfing profits at Mar-A-Lago) and then rescinded the offer.
2) he has been playing chicken with North Korea who has nukes so....
3) somebody in the U.S. spending money on tracks that will give money to U.S. artists....what a thought...America First.
4) you re calling somebody who wants to pay for their music a tool...you pirate.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
Really? The guy makes a million a day with just one of his golf course? Then why do people keep mocking his intelligence?

Smooth is a tool and a fool because he has getting a handful of karaoke tracks at the top of his priority list when much more important things are going on in the world. If someone refuses to sell me something that I want to buy and I can get it for free by downloading it from the internet; then that is what I'll do. Problem solved. You can call it pirating if you like. I don't really care. If some guy wants to play my favorite song on Youtube with an acoustic guitar and there is no place where I can buy that song; then I'm going to grab it from youtube and make my own karaoke track with it. Once again; I don't care what you think about it. My local karaoke hosts don't care about it either and are very happy to play my disc when i bring it to their shows. The guy who played it on youtube even gave me his blessing. He just asked me to give him credit when I posted my version of me singing the song on youtube. That's how the real world works. People cooperate with each other. Technically speaking ; any video that someone takes at a concert and places on youtube is illegal but millions of people watch these videos every day, whether you like it or not. Who stole my parrot, God Dammit??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Really? The guy makes a million a day with just one of his golf course? Then why do people keep mocking his intelligence?

Smooth is a tool and a fool because he has getting a handful of karaoke tracks at the top of his priority list when much more important things are going on in the world. If someone refuses to sell me something that I want to buy and I can get it for free by downloading it from the internet; then that is what I'll do. Problem solved. You can call it pirating if you like. I don't really care. If some guy wants to play my favorite song on Youtube with an acoustic guitar and there is no place where I can buy that song; then I'm going to grab it from youtube and make my own karaoke track with it. Once again; I don't care what you think about it. My local karaoke hosts don't care about it either and are very happy to play my disc when i bring it to their shows. The guy who played it on youtube even gave me his blessing. He just asked me to give him credit when I posted my version of me singing the song on youtube. That's how the real world works. People cooperate with each other. Technically speaking ; any video that someone takes at a concert and places on youtube is illegal but millions of people watch these videos every day, whether you like it or not. Who stole my parrot, God Dammit??

LOL one has nothing to do with the other. With that straw man argument, one could argue that just about ANYTHING is less important than other 'more important things going on in the world.'

I'm in 100% agreement with Smooth. I'm an average American that depends on karaoke music for my living. Now, I COULD easily steal the music using torrent sites like many kj's AND dj's do, but I don't. Something SHOULD be done about making all karaoke music legally available to everyone that is willing to pay for it. It sure would be nice, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What's that old saying?????? Oh yeah! A fool and his money are soon parted. Good luck getting the President to unlock the karaoke vault just for you two guys. LOL I'm sure it's at the top of his "to do" list.....said no one ever.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
What's that old saying?????? Oh yeah! A fool and his money are soon parted. Good luck getting the President to unlock the karaoke vault just for you two guys. LOL I'm sure it's at the top of his "to do" list.....said no one ever.

You're the only one that mentioned anything about the President taking care of this issue. No one else. Just you. Even sarcastically. And don't bring mrmarog into this. He mentioned the President, but didn't mention him making it any kind of a priority to fix this issue. It was just you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Wait, karaoke isn't a presidential priority? Dammit, I coulda swore that was in his campaign speeches!!!!

Anyways, some of here don't mind spending the cash on tracks, supporting the businesses that help our business along. It doesn't make us 'tools', it helps us work smarter. I don't need to break out my DAW and produce a track when I can pay someone $3 to do it for me... and probably do somewhat better job (I suck at guitar, I'm better with an alto sax).

Many of the KJs who pay for their tracks have the same problem: money isn't the issue, the red tape to get the karaoke tracks is. It IS frustrating when we are trying to play by the rules, and we can't get what we want to play because of them.

And the outright theft of things in part caused much of this problem in the first place. Not just a pirate stealing karaoke or music tracks, but some of the industry did wrong as well.

Sure I could easily be a pirate, steal all the tracks I want and not have a care in the world. I most likely won't get caught even if I decided to steal PEP stuff. But, for me, its morally wrong, so I spend the money and buy what I need, when I can get it.

As for the priorities of the world, KJs offer a diversion that some people need after their day is done. Having a bad day at the office, letting off steam, or just putting the headlines out of mind for a few hours. They can deal with that stuff later, it's not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The pirate KJs provide the exact same thing as the legal hosts and the average singer doesn't give a rat's (@$%&#!) which category that you fit into. If the pirate KJ has their favorite songs; the singers will support that show over the legal KJ who won't get the songs that the singers want to sing. It's as simple as that. If Captain Morgan Karaoke has my favorite songs and you don't; he's my KJ. I don't care how he got the songs just like I don't care if my auto mechanic stole his tools from SEARS or bought them from SNAP-ON.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
The pirate KJs provide the exact same thing as the legal hosts and the average singer doesn't give a rat's <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> which category that you fit into. If the pirate KJ has their favorite songs; the singers will support that show over the legal KJ who won't get the songs that the singers want to sing. It's as simple as that.

I think a singer supporting a show has more to do with whether they really like you. I don't have all the songs that they want to sing either, but they keep coming back.

Here's what I think:

The "pirate" KJ across town may have every song ever made but he may be a terrible host, with the personality of a flea. He probably has the worst sound system around and is nothing more than a name caller. Most pirates fit this description.

I, on the other hand, run a high energy show getting everyone involved and have the best sound (as I've been told) around.

So, as a singer, I would rather go to a show where I know I'm going to sound great and have a good time even if it means that they don't have every song I'd like to sing.

If they like you, they're going to support you regardless of whether you have every song they want.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:33 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Alan B wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
The pirate KJs provide the exact same thing as the legal hosts and the average singer doesn't give a rat's <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> which category that you fit into. If the pirate KJ has their favorite songs; the singers will support that show over the legal KJ who won't get the songs that the singers want to sing. It's as simple as that.

I think a singer supporting a show has more to do with whether they really like you. I don't have all the songs that they want to sing either, but they keep coming back..........
If they like you, they're going to support you regardless of whether you have every song they want.
Totally agree with this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
I'm kind of wondering if Harrington is even working for Phoenix anymore.

There are few things that simply don't add up.

The first is that I have never seen (anywhere) a single marketing piece or public announcement for their entertainment company. Other than it being mentioned in their letter threatening a lawsuit to venues, I've never seen a single venue near San Antonio or any other place in Texas mentioned at all that they even exist. And as JDmeister pointed out, I don't believe that a single limited engagement for a couple of months in Alaska should count for anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Harrington HAS been rather quiet, lately.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Harrington HAS been rather quiet, lately.

He don't like us no more, lol. Every time he has something to say, most of us get on his case.

After a long while, I guess it gets tedious.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Does that mean we are off his Christmas list and won't get a card this year. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Mr. Harrington has been an asset to this forum. He has given us a lot of insightful information. You may or may not like him but his presence here has been very helpful to many KJ's. I for one appreciate him being here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:21 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
Alan B wrote:
Mr. Harrington has been an asset to this forum. He has given us a lot of insightful information. You may or may not like him but his presence here has been very helpful to many KJ's. I for one appreciate him being here.

Like him or not, take into consideration
His profession, and his position of
Employment.it certainly puts him at odds
with members of this forum. I have read
many of his posts and he comes across
As an honorable man. Even in the heat
Of the battle he wiil try to remain calm,
And will retreat when he loses his cool.
Call me crazy if you like, it can't be a
Lot of fun to be on the outside looking in
Never in my life did I think that I would utter
Honor and lawyer in the same breath.
But then again, lawyers become judges,
And judges are referred to as your honor.
I, like many of you, do not care forThe way
the piracy issue was handled and The resulting
mess we now find ourselves In today.
In conclusion, l find Mr.Harrington,
Not at fault for performing his job as an
Employee. Before I jump off my stump.
Have you ever entertained the thought that,
Just maybe he likes this forum and it's people,
Call it rubbish if you like, just my point of view.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Perry Mason he's not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:36 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
In his defense, 99% of all lawyers make the rest look bad..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Alan B wrote:

I agree, he is an asset. I am not his biggest fan, but I respect him for putting on his waders and dealing with the forum.

The biggest problem I have, and it's really not about him personally, is that his company doesn't follow through on programs they put forward.

But I'm sure it DOES get annoying to be for the most part ganged up on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
shy·ster
ˈSHīstər/
noun informal
noun: shyster; plural noun: shysters

a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.
=============================

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next