KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - PEP closed for the summer? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:20 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
I have to wonder about PEP and SCE these last few months.

PEP.rocks:
It still have July discount codes up, and its mid August. It's last facebook post was in March during the trade show.

Soundchoice.com:
No signs of any movement, specially on it's show calendar. The Facebook site's last post was in 2016(?)

Lawsuits:
Justia's latest record of a lawsuit was one filed July 7th. Their were a total of 4 suits filed in the last two months.

Maybe it's just summer, but its so quiet over there...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Jim would take offense to the idea that PEP was asleep on the job. Just like the Pinkerton's all seeing eye logo and motto "We Never Sleep". I'm sure he will be the first to say that PEP is still out here and active. Always lurking about with their army of investigators ready to pounce on any venues that hire hosts who abuse their product. So watch out illegals HELP is building that wall to keep you out of the industry. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Jim would take offense to the idea that PEP was asleep on the job. Just like the Pinkerton's all seeing eye logo and motto "We Never Sleep". I'm sure he will be the first to say that PEP is still out here and active. Always lurking about with their army of investigators ready to pounce on any venues that hire hosts who abuse their product. So watch out illegals HELP is building that wall to keep you out of the industry. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And, just like Trump, they probably will hire illegals to build that wall. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
A lack of updating the site along with nothing about their fledgling hosting/entertainment business and a slowing of the filing of lawsuits with no additional marketing/advertising efforts signals to me that there just might be some other things that have taken precedence and it looks to me like they're running out of steam for one reason or another.

If the entertainment business was taking off and expanding, I'd expect to see more advertising and certainly not less.

If the lawsuit business model was so profitable, there should be plenty of money to file more and more suits at an accelerated rate.

If the licensing business model was going great guns, I would expect to hear more about those advantages as well....

Other than the website and their lawsuit threat letters that offer their entertainment services as a way out of a lawsuit, has anyone seen any kind of advertising and/or marketing of PEP products or even SCE?

Anyone? Bueller? anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Or, maybe it's the fact that we have a Republican Trifecta and the Federal Courts don't feel threatened to render decisions that are PRO Plaintiff.

For instance, my wife has been in collections over 40 years. To help in this task she uses computer software that needs to be updated periodically. A recent update caused a loss of all demand letters that had to be imputed by hand and she left out the words "in writing" in the dispute section of a DEMAND LETTER.

Now, a "Predatory" Lawyer, you may know a few, seizes the opportunity to initiate a Class Action lawsuit and through discovery finds SEVERAL letters that were sent to debtors with this discrepancy...in what he refers to as a, FDCPA Violation (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). Of course with any CLASS, there is always one Plaintiff that brings the suit who will get the most amount of money as compared to the other plaintiffs listed in the CLASS, if it is a favorable outcome for them. Well, it turns out that there was a FEDERAL case in Chicago concerning this same matter. So, the LOCAL FED Judge holds off his ruling until the Chicago Circuit Court handed down its decision.

This DEBTOR claimed to have suffered a loss even after having declared Bankruptcy. The challenge from the Collection Agency was that the debtor NEVER planned on DISPUTING the claim, even though the words "in writing" where missing from the Demand Letter.

I can tell you that, at least for the last 15 years, my wife has been complaining that the FEDERAL Courts have been finding for the DEBTORS more and more making it exceptionally hard to run a Collection Agency. These "Predatory" Lawyers have caused the demise of her Collection Agency that will close completely over the next 18 months.

Eureka! The Chicago Court found for the DEFENDANT (Collection Agency) and set a precedent, where this kind of lawsuit can not go forward ever again. The local Judge aligned with the decision and the case will be dismissed. The JUDGE gave the DEBTOR 15 days to show SPECIFICALLY where he/she was damaged. The 15 days was up on 8/17/17.

This "Predatory" Lawyer knew damn full well that there was NO CASE from the beginning. Always hoping the Collection Agencies would settle and not fight.

Sound familiar?